It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump just claim the U.S. Justice Department is controlled by the deep state?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: butcherguy
I will not put myself out on a limb trying to decipher his Tweet.
I do think that there are a lot of unanswered questions regarding Obama, Hillary, Huma, the Awan family and the DOJ.

I believe the public deserves answers to these questions.

The picture was in reference to another that was jailed for taking pics of the inside of a nuclear sub and sending them. He is saying it's ironic that the same rules seem to not apply to Huma who did so with classified passwords and emails to her Yahoo account and the fact she did it prior to the 2013 Yahoo hack where every single Yahoo account was compromised.

Yes, I got the part about the sub photos case.
The part I won't claim to understand is the 'Deep State/Justice Dept' line. I could chalk it up to lack of punctuation.... but that is for the Donald to clear that up.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Deep State...NWO...I don't care what you call it but if you think there are not forces behind the government with their own agendas you are simply hate blind right now.

Trump has done it. He has exposed the media, the establishment and all of the corruption and STILL people say he is simply working for the man. He works for no one. He is not controlled. Never was and never will be.

There is a 'Deep State' and they could not rig the election. They rigged the nomination and ALL of the media and STILL will not appoint people to remove who the O administration had put in.

I would rather a POTUS who tweets the media is fake news than one who has his DOJ harass, silence and wire-tap reporters.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
HuffPost is reporting it right:

Trump Attacks Justice Department As 'Deep State,' Calls For Jailing Top Clinton Aide

It will be fascinating to see which news outlets report this right and which do not.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The controlled opposition is working well for some.

Of coarse the all powerful powers Tha be would let the Donald win and get elected. That seems reasonable.
Then if he fails you can blame the deep state as well.

Win win.
edit on 2-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Trump went from suggesting the official story of 9/11 wasn't true to embracing it completely after he became president, he embraced the official story concerning the Las Vegas shooting immediately, he went from calling the unemployment rate a fraud to bragging about it, he went from calling the stock market a bubble to bragging about what a success it is, and many other such things.

I have no doubt that he's been co-opted. The question to me is how much.
edit on 2-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

Trump went from questioning the official story of 9/11 to embracing it completely after he became president, he embraced the official story concerning the Las Vegas shooting immediately, he went from calling the unemployment rate a fraud to bragging about it, he went from calling the stock market a bubble to bragging about what a success it is, and many other such things.

I have no doubt that he's been co-opted. The question to me is how much.

Seems reasonable. Guess I misread your comments a bit.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Reuters reported the tweet, but they buried the bombshell "the U.S. Justice Department is controlled by the deep state" story.

Trump on Twitter (Jan 2) - Iranian regime, Huma Abedin, North Korea, DACA

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Why is he still going after his opponent fourteen months after the election?
What does he mean by pictures of sailors and Huma Abedin giving secret pass words to foreign agents? The words deep state is what has you up in arms?
The whole thing is a crazy rant.

Why are ypu still living a fantasy of collusion and impeachment?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Trump throwing out another target, the deep state, immigrants, Clinton, Clinton's aides, is just that: a target.

Something for his supporters to focus their aim on. It's something he does from time to time to keep up the image of us vs them that is crucial to what he sees as success. If Trump doesn't divide, a large part of his power is lost.

This is the real reason. If the deep state was as all controlling as Trump and his supporters believe, then how could a supposed enemy (Trump) be elected as president? By the electoral college and not even the popular vote?

Come on people, think. If the deep state is what you say it is, how could Trump be anything other than exactly who they wanted?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Splinter News called the bombshell "pretty funny." At least they mentioned it.

Aside from providing irrefutable proof that 280 characters was a massive mistake, Trump’s word salad response also contained the phrase “Deep State Justice Dept,” which is actually pretty funny, and a reference to “sailors [sic] pictures on submarine,” perhaps about the Navy sailor who was sentenced to one in prison for taking photos of classified areas inside a submarine and is seeking a pardon from the president.
splinternews.com...

a reply to: underwerks

The deep state only exists among the federal government and corporations. State governments count the votes in their states. It's easy for me to understand how all that can coexist.
edit on 2-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Because the psyop works perfectly I guess.

An unlimited budget and they can't tamper voting machines or plant election officials. That makes sense somehow.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

"The Coup" happened when GW Bush manipulated Iranian Hostages to take the White House with an award winning actor as his "face".

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

An unlimited budget and they can't tamper voting machines or plant election officials. That makes sense somehow.

Why can't they tamper with voting machines?

If Trump had won the popular vote but lost the electoral college, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea that maybe something is going on here.

But he didn't. If the deep state exists, then Trump is exactly who they wanted.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Aside from providing irrefutable proof that 280 characters was a massive mistake, Trump’s word salad response also contained the phrase “Deep State Justice Dept,” which is actually pretty funny, and a reference to “sailors [sic] pictures on submarine,” perhaps about the Navy sailor who was sentenced to one in prison for taking photos of classified areas inside a submarine and is seeking a pardon from the president.
splinternews.com...

The deep state only exists among the federal government and corporations. State governments count the votes in their states. It's easy for me to understand how all that can coexist.

Uh, that makes sense to you?

Quite an oversight by the Cia. They must be real dumb.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

splinternews.com...

How do you know the deeps state only exists between federal governments and corporations?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If Trump had won the popular vote but lost the electoral college, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea that maybe something is going on here.

I thought it was obvious sarcasm. My bad.

If they can effect an election in an entirely different country they surely can do it here.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

splinternews.com...

How do you know the deeps state only exists between federal governments and corporations?

It's a similar line of thinking that you can pray cancer away.

Corporation of course operate in states and with local government. The states have federal reps, the election committee is federal, and the machines are made by corporations. But sure there is a 1 percent chance...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I thought it was obvious sarcasm. My bad.

If they can effect an election in an entirely different country they surely can do it here.

Sorry, I wasn't sure of the sarcasm.

But yeah, to think an organization as all controlling as the deep state is purported to be couldn't influence the electoral college to vote how they wanted just seems absurd to me.

Either they aren't as huge of a controller as people think, or Trump is exactly who they wanted. Or, they're just a bogeyman Trump throws up to unite his supporters against a common enemy.

My money is on the last one.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

It would be funny to force people to puck which one it is and then stick with their argument.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

For the most part, when you interact in a shady way with local and state governments, its simple corruption. The actions outside of that interaction won't typically involve out of state benefit, as state and local governments don't have much authority.

Thus, there isn't much meat on the bone to fund a "deep state" on anything other than a national level.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join