It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another "F-117 Companion" thread and a bit of history!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

ok I think I have the record on ats for double posts. one time I made a 23 post duplicate cause ats server was acting up.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I remember that..

What we need work out is a good idea on its shape..Pointy,delta,triangular can be taken many ways..

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Northrupt XST get a mention?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Plasma stealth tech was proposed in the 50’s, could the companion be still black because it relied on this?

Just an idea, could explain its differing shape.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Found on reddit,

imgur.com...

"Plant 42, 1994"

There's an SR-71 in there for scale

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: E92M3
interesting
Its a picture of the southwestern complex at Plant 42 at Palmdale. IE Skunk Works. You can look the aircraft (whatever it is) up on GoogleEarth too.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If that image is indeed of something and not just an optical illusion, then I'm almost 100% certain about what it is, and it is almost 100% NOT the companion.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What we are looking at?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic
Related to the big one maybe. Not much else from Lockheed fitting the year.

But as long as we are throwing interesting stuff on the wall and hope something sticks - i.imgur.com... AW&ST 1981

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

imgur.com...

Triangle thing in front of the hanger, seems wider and shorter than the SR-71 in the main pic.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Why is the SR-71 light colored & the triangle thingie black? Shouldn't the SR-71 be black as well?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomTwo

Might have been wrapped for storage.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Before they were boxed up...A good readup on how they were moved here..
Moving a Blackbird

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I am under the impression Companion is not triangular. Please correct me If I am wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby

If that image is indeed of something and not just an optical illusion, then I'm almost 100% certain about what it is, and it is almost 100% NOT the companion.

Are you thinking another high speed reconnaissance platform?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Hey everyone! Longtime lurker/reader, 1st post. This has been one of my favorite pursuits, to find the elusive companion. I remember when this topic came up previously years ago, amongst many threads about it, I think it came up in the yf-24 mega thread. Zaph, as always, stated a couple of interesting thoughts, amongst his and Boomer's clues. Something to the effect that if a picture of the companion was to be posted, 96% would laugh it off, 3% would second guess themselves and not believe it, while the 1% would just sit back and laugh knowing the truth.

If I remember his comment as in reference to the companion that day, also taking into account the aforementioned comment that the shape has never been seen on another craft since, has had me tinker back and forth on whether the craft is an extremely rare design or if it's one that we've come uber close to identifying but said "no way." Or, is it a plane we've seen before but would not link it to the role of 117 supporter since it seems too outlandish. Barnably's comment about northop's predecessor to the l.a.p. design is intriguing as well.

To those who question its existence, I offer a quick observation and story. I had the chance to work with a couple of F-5 crew chiefs and we talked about the 117 during desert storm and I asked about the companion. He didn't seem to impressed with the 117's kills, laughed in fact, and he had this look on his face. Normally, he's a jokester but his change in demeanor and the look in his eyes heavily suggested he knew something but wouldn't say. Obviously, not concrete, but with all of the testimonies from way more knowledgeable members here, I'm in firm belief it exists.

I know intelgurl made a reappearance after many years, but I don't recall her making a statement on it, but could be wrong. Thank you guys for your insights, hopefully we'll get to see this awesome bird along with the mysterious Sr 71 successors, amongst others. Glad to dig with you all!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kirbykerbal

Welcome to biggest mind melt forum on the Internet

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510
a reply to: Kirbykerbal

Welcome to biggest mind melt forum on the Internet

I wouldn't use the word 'mind melt', I'd say this forum is a mind f*#! But in a good way. It's also very frustrating but again in the good way. I sit here sometimes reading and think 'what the hell I wanna see something awesome' or you begin to want people to break their secret agreements they have signed but damn well know they wouldn't, which I have no problem with.

The fact that there's technology out there I won't see in my life time amazes me but also saddens me. Aviation forum is one of the best though and I want to thank everyone who gets involved with the threads. It's absolutely fascinating

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

That come close to a few images I have saved.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

That come close to a few images I have saved.

Looks like how the F-121 would look..... if it ever existed......

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join