It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another "F-117 Companion" thread and a bit of history!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: T3rrap1n

The first example the plane originated from there so I don't think that's unusual. The 2nd example I actually heard happen as its only about 2 miles from my grandparents and Warton would be the closest place for them to land and get repairs done there. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I just find it unlikely an American black project would land at Warton in an emergency when there would be other bases for it to go to which would most likely have been closer and a lot more secretive.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

It all depends on what the emergency was, what the security requirements are, and what the maintenance needs will be.

You can sit and watch F-18s on a cross country, without a tanker stop at some weird places for fuel. With a SAP it will all depend if the other bases have available hangar space, how many people are on the ramp, if they can clear the ramp in time, tower manning, how fast security can get there, can you get a support aircraft in.....

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: T3rrap1n

Was the emergency landing at Warton a US manned bird? When it happened?
If I understood you correctly, your friend was there at Warton that day and saw what landed...
Can you provide more info about it?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

If he saw it I doubt he'd be able to say anything more than something landed I'd expect he'd have to sign a few OSA's and NDA's

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick
Spent about 20 years working in the Toowoomba area.Two of those years was out at Dalby where I was doing sheetmetal,welding and fabrication work at Austech then Hillcrest Stockcrates.My first fiances uncle had a very nice trailer mounted telescope that we would stargaze with.One night in his backyard something big,black fast and low flew across the stars blocking them out.No sound as Ive had F111,s fly over me low at Tingha near Inverell.
Oakey I know well as I did 12 years volunteer work at the MAAF in the workshop.A lot of Helo flights around there,especially to the North where they do training.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

this was near Toowoomba? interesting. I'm north of there somewhat. been sky watching mainly to memorize the stars and the only thing black and quick I've seen overhead are fruitbats around sunset.

I better keep a close eye out.

hey zaph. could use your input here. it's mostly farmland around where I'm at. there's an aerodrome 2 kilometers away. I think it used to be a ww2 joint US army/Australian air base. it's just a private airstrip these days and the only thing I see come out of there are run of the mill private crop dusters and prop planes. however, every night at 9pm a helicopter comes out like clockwork and hovers around a farm down at the end of the block. only for about 10 minutes. it's a cattle farm. I get during the daytime. but why at 9pm? any ideas.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Maybe they're just checking where the livestock is I've seen them herd them with helicopters before.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

They're using IR cameras to look at something. It could be as simple as counting the herds, or looking for illegal operations.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
a reply to: Forensick
Spent about 20 years working in the Toowoomba area.
Oakey I know well as I did 12 years volunteer work at the MAAF in the workshop.A lot of Helo flights around there,especially to the North where they do training.

A few of Oakey's satellite airfields like Brymaroo are on my bucket list for spotting, I need to improve my night photography though if im gonna get any decent photos while they are doing NVG ops.

What are your thoughts on the Spitfires in crates myth? I gave it some attention until the Broken Wings Team came along and turned it into a business venture.

Bassplyr: Could you plz send me a PM? It appears im not able to send PMs just yet, i'll look into ur mystery chopper for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Mystery chopper is probably a Kwoka or a Taipan out of Oakey.Driving time is about 1.5 hrs so easy to do it in a chopper..They do their night time IR training at night time.Not sure if they have the Tigers flying again.Theres a Dehav Mosquito crash site out your way Bass,ex 617 Sqd (Dambusters) off memory.
Brymaroo is an ex B24 site off memory.Some drums and a nice Canberra bomber under cover in the park.Theres another one out at Cecil Plains.Leyburn is interesting as well as it had an SAS commando base.Rich area historically all around Toowoomba,Brisbane,Townsville.
Broken Wings guys are just treasure Hunters.Find a bit of aircraft on the ground and they go googoo over it.Lot of Coal mining around Oakey and yes many did have parts thrown down them.On base one side is red clay but you need to look at the Black soil as its easier to dig holes.Stuff HAS been found but no big crates or full aircraft.
Back to Companion..
I think F19 was a Smoke screen but basic shape,long,swept wings twin tails and engines would be the go..A scaled down B1,about F111 size maybe..
edit on 26-1-2018 by Blackfinger because: added

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

no crime really around here. gotta be checking lives talk counts. the cows like to hang out in a field at the end of the block there's a eucalyptus grove they hide under. probably trying to spot them. thanks for the info guys.

guess that dashes my hopes of a secret underground installation being there where theyre sneaking Darpa scientists into a secret lab via a faux tree stump like in the princess bride.

I'm north of Toowoomba. north of Dalby even. and theirs an airfield a few kilometers away so it's probably just a local copter service for all the farms in the area. guy goes up goes from one ranch to the other does livestock counts for each tells the owners what the count is for each when he gets home.
edit on 26-1-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

hey blackfinger hit me up with further info if any of that is nearby ill try and hike out and get pics.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Willdo mate

Another thought is Cattle Rustling is still alive in the bush (unfortunately not lynching) so very well could be checking herds..

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I wouldnt rule out crime so quick, $18 million cannabis crop was discovered and destroyed a few days ago close to Toowoomba (Esk). But more than likely its just checking on livestock, wild dogs etc can be a significant problem around those properties, im personally on the look out for a UAV to hit the market with IR and significant loiter time to assist on hunting trips.

If you are 'up north' (around Townsville) theres so many WW2 locations of interest and crash sites, check out Peter Dunn's ozatwar it lists every known site and plenty of rumoured places.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If all you get is a helicopter, you're getting gipped. We had an ER-2, two RF-4Cs, and a U-2 in Hawaii at various times when I lived there looking for illegal growing operations. The ER-2 actually found a previously unknown underground fresh water supply on the Big Island. They were looking at underground lava flows, and illegal operations at the same time, and found where a massive fresh water stream dumped into the Pacific.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A Mossie to find..Take the Aeroguard.

A52-523 HR502 FB.VI 10/01/45 2 AD – UK Built FB.VI. 09/03/45 1 Sqn QLD. 03/45 Repainted overall silver. 07/05/45 Crashed 10 miles north east of K******* when on a local flight. 19/05/45 2 CRD Converted to components.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironside800

I'm not along the coast or anywhere near "Brownsville" although I wouldn't mind being up north along the coast even with the cyclones. just not too interested in Brownsville and I wouldn't step foot in maryborough (a once fine place now boganville thanks to the prison they built there)

as for hovering helicopters. had enough of the LAPD hovering over my house nightly with their search lights on fruitlessly. put up with that for decades. so I was surprised to have a hovering helicopter nightly the middle of rural and lovely Queensland.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

pretty cool about the fresh water stream discovery. unfortunately it being hawaii it probably got instantly turned into a hilton resort while locals looked on disparagingly.

titanic was discovered on the same expedition woodshole was contracted to photograph the threashers wreck.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

it's a shame it looks like the wreckage was removed and the site cleaned up. noticed there were a few other crashes in the area. might see if I can find more out about those.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join