It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does not have the 'skill set' to help bring peace to Northern Ireland, Irish premier says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Metallicus

You don’t want Trump involved we don’t Trump involved and Ireland doesn’t want Trump involved. There is no issue here except the OP trying to troll Americans

I am only responding to posts and I do not think that is trolling.

I didn’t say you were trolling. I said the OP was trolling.

I have tried twice to agree with you and you just keep trying to argue.

Relax and have a brew on me, lol.

To be clear I agree with you and I know we are in agreement but I was responding to posts by Vasa Core.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
dp
edit on 2-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

So am guessing that you feel the same way about Trump and his tweets regarding Pakistan or any other of the numerous foreign states that he has made comments on?

A totally different situation, for reasons that are obvious. Comparing Trump's engagement on Pakistan to the Irish PM making a critique of Trump shows you have little understanding of the issues at hand.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

So am guessing that you feel the same way about Trump and his tweets regarding Pakistan or any other of the numerous foreign states that he has made comments on?

A totally different situation, for reasons that are obvious. Comparing Trump's engagement on Pakistan to the Irish PM making a critique of Trump shows you have little understanding of the issues at hand.

And that was not in anyway what I was doing, the member said that basically the Irish PM had no business making a comment on on the president of a country that was not their own.

I was only pointing out that that's a little hypocritical because Trump regularly comments on the affairs of other states that he has no jurisdiction over and the member does not seem to have a problem with that. I only used Pakistan as a example there are many, many others.

Nice to see thought that you can now all answer for each other.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Ireland don't have weapons to fight Britain for Northern Ireland. Ireland can't even manufacture assault rifles. The US has always refused to arm Irish army. Trump is going to do the same. Sorry, Ireland.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

And that was not in anyway what I was doing, the member said that basically the Irish PM had no business making a comment on on the president of a country that was not their own.

I was only pointing out that that's a little hypocritical because Trump regularly comments on the affairs of other states that he has no jurisdiction over and the member does not seem to have a problem with that. I only used Pakistan as a example there are many, many others.

It's not hypocritical at all. Do you have any understanding at all of the Pakistan issue Trump is talking about?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Whats the issue that needs solving over in Ireland at present? Article mentions some green energy battle?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It's not hypocritical at all. Do you have any understanding at all of the Pakistan issue Trump is talking about?

I understand the issue very well thank you.

I was using it as a example, its ok for Trump to talk about other states but not for others to do so.

In my mind that is hypocritical.

Now feel free to get back on topic.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Whats the issue that needs solving over in Ireland at present? Article mentions some green energy battle?

There are 3 massive issues.

Brexit.
The DUP being in Westminster.
Stalemate at Stormont.

Now mixed in with that there are lots of other issues but in my mind those are the 3 big ones that are creating the problems right now.

I am not sure about the green energy battle.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I understand the issue very well thank you.

I was using it as a example, its ok for Trump to talk about other states but not for others to do so.

In my mind that is hypocritical.

Now feel free to get back on topic.

So, Trump complaining about the US giving aid to the tune of billions to Pakistan whilst not getting support from them to stop harbouring terrorists is comparable to the Irish PM making a comment about the President of the USA's ability to solve a problem in NI that he has nothing to do with? Right.

Maybe you should think before calling other people hypocrites based on ridiculous comparisons.

The Irish PM got baited into answering a question and made a fool of himself.
edit on 2/1/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Again I was not making a comparison I was pointing out the hypocrisy of saying its ok for one world leader to comment on other states affairs but not another.

Anyway if there is nothing else....I find Irish politics rather interesting and would let to get back to that discussion.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I was going from whats in the OP link.

Power-sharing at the Stormont assembly collapsed amid a fierce row between the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) and Sinn Fein over a controversial green energy scheme.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Yeah, One Political party (Sinn Fein) fell out with another (DUP) over a Heating for Homes program the DUP wanted to implement. Since then Norn Irn has technically been without government. No War, Just kinda running without the need for a government. (hmmm, Maybe we're onto something here) Anyway.

It's what the North Irish do, They fall out over the slightest of things and dont seem to have the IQ when it comes to trying to resolve matters through verbal communication.. Mostley it descends into shouting, then demands, then Legitimate demands, then flag burning, then the paramilitaries get the nod. Pathetic.

They hope that by restarting the Troubles someone, usually America, will step in and throw more money at them again. You know, the way Clinton did.
I guess the £1 Billion bribe the DUP took from the tories to prop up May's government and the £400k they received for their Brexit campaign from the (ex?) Israeli secret service agent was not enough. Never has one country been such a weight around it's Masters neck and yet London still throws money at it.

It's that much of a venomous bitter #hole even the Republic dont want anything to do with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I was going from whats in the OP link.

Power-sharing at the Stormont assembly collapsed amid a fierce row between the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) and Sinn Fein over a controversial green energy scheme.

Yeah I read that also, but its just not something I know very much about, I do recall hearing somewhere that there was some green deal made with the EU could be that, I might google it and have a read up on it later.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
On NPR today they interviewed a former Obama administration Middle East diplomat. The man was very critical of the way the Trump admistration is handling the situation in Iran and how they are dealing with Pakistan.

The gist of the man's argument was very much along the same lines as Irish Premier's argument; he was being diplomatic about not critiquing the Trump admin to harshly but argued that they will fail simply because they are too nave about how Iran and Pakistan work.

To his credit the man was also critical of the Obama admin's handling of the area as well.

And I was left queatuoning that if this guy was such a supper star in understanding Iran and Pakistan why didn't he step up and solve the problems. The man instead offered no solutions and the whole 5 minutes or so that he was talking he spent the time poo pooing others.

This has become the way the world deals with our problems. We go into every situation with a negative cynical aditude; if we loudly proclaim every one will fail we will eather be right and be able to say "I told you so" or we can be wrong and act pleasantly surprised that dispite our accurate poo pooing the situation managed to pull through.

When the Irish premier solves the problems in northern Ireland I'll will accept his opinion on what skill set were needed to do so. Until then he's just being cynical in the face of his own inadequacies.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat
Sorry, Couldn't resist..

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

But the Irish Premier can't solve the problems in Northern Ireland, it's not a part of his country.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What happened to Ireland since 2008. They never recovered from the crash? The bankers came, they saw, they plundered, they left.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Because issues in Ireland are so inflamed right now. Jeez. What a stupid premise. What's next OP? Trump defeated by a Twinkie? Ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

"But certainly we are always open to assistance from the US."

So Ireland is open to foreign influence.

I guess the dude has no concept of national sovereignty.

Of course they aren't alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join