It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chinese j-14?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i don't believe it is true. it is seem from west

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
-Chalks this one up with cool concept planes made by rabid aviation fans-

Looks cool! doubt it's real, it does look Western...

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not exactly "stealthy" That would flag radars hundreds of miles away. I.e. that plane looks great, but would get shot down before it even knew it was in a fight.

But, it would be one hell of a good looking pile of wreckage!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This aircraft has some very nice lines, Styling-wise I agree it looks rather western - I see some F-22 influences in the forward fuselage and some B-2 influences in the wings, (not cannards or horizontal stabilizers)...

However, the tail looks like a red carpet welcoming any nearby heat seekers...

Good find Emile!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
here is a better graphic

it is only a concept though(i hope)

china are currently concentrating on the stealthy J-12, a prototype has aslo been built..

another...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Good find Emile!

How come may I ask??

I don't know the technicalities of heat seeking w.r.t. structural design..

In terms of radar cross-section, IMO the signature on the rear should be reduced due to the tail-less nature...

Tail mobility replaced by elevons dragerons.innovative, but very complex..
For rudder like movement computer controlled synch hydraulics will be required..
Will be fun to design/test

Do any fighters currently have tail-less designs?
(B-2 is not very manueverable I have presumed)
And does the B-2 have yaw capability??

If not how does it turn on the run-way while taxiing??

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I need to appologize. I couldnt see the original link and found another pic on google. Looked alot like the new Mig and assumed it was this plane you were speaking of. So my previous statement was for another plane entirely.

This plane does look almost exactly like its western counterparts.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by intelgurl

Good find Emile!

How come may I ask??

Probably because of the huge afterburning nozzle (or at least it looks like one) that negates any stealthy attributes the airframe boasts. Actually it looks quite amatuerish to lumber such an obviously stealthy airfame with a nozzle like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You know what, the first picture actually looks like the J-HH picture before the final decisions and more work have been finished. They look almost identical. But it has tails.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by COWlan]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The first drawing is by someone I know from another forum. He uses photoshop to make up concepts that he thinks will work. He has done missiles, ships, rifles, and other aircraft. It is not a real chinese aircraft though.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The original picture in this thread bears a striking resemblance to the Stavatti tactical aircraft conceptual designs. Also, this looks to be someone's artistry rather than a conceptually designed aircraft. Basic specs that would enable any validation to a design (weight, size, endurance) are enormously incomplete, probably because the don't exist. Also, it doesn't appear have the internal volume to carry enough fuel, avionic and subsystem for any useful mission. but thats just my .02.

The JHH 3-view on the other hand is a completely different animal. Still looks to be a photoshopped F22.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I particulary like the 3 view, it seems like a decent design, it's not photoshopped, it's made in something like lightwave.

This resembles the T-50 PAK-FA more than the F-22...Albeit in a delta-wing shape with canards, kinda reminds me of the "F-19" Stealth Fighter

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here are some pictures i found....

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
They're very nice pictures but do all new fighters now have to look like the Raptor in the way that all new designs in the late '70's aped the F-16 and F-17?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There's a big difference between new design art from anyone's SolidWorks program versus a new conceptual engineered design from a government/contractor/engineer. Great details on the pictures, but with no numbers to back them up, they are art, not designs.

And yeah, definitly ripped off a lot from the F22. It would be nice to see more originality in art.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by burntrock]

[edit on 18-2-2005 by burntrock]

top topics

join