It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Point of flying 1st class short haul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Flew 1st class for the first time last week.....

Did one leg 12 hours long haul and 2 hours short haul.

Now long haul it was worth it. Completely diffrent travel experience. Great seats, food, service ect. Would pay again.

But I am scratching my head on what the point of it was short haul? The seats where no diffrent except maybe 1 inch more leg room and the food was I guess ok, but not anything special, certainly not worth the extra £150.........

Was I missing something?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson
Was I missing something?

Yeah, the middle seat.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson
Flew 1st class for the first time last week.....

Did one leg 12 hours long haul and 2 hours short haul.

Now long haul it was worth it. Completely diffrent travel experience. Great seats, food, service ect. Would pay again.

But I am scratching my head on what the point of it was short haul? The seats where no diffrent except maybe 1 inch more leg room and the food was I guess ok, but not anything special, certainly not worth the extra £150.........

Was I missing something?

I don't like that each row is so tightly packed that the whole row must half stand just so you can get the seat belt into the buckle.

... and the arms of the seat, which have to suffice for two people, are 1/4 of the width of an anorexic human arm.

... then a minute or two into the flight, they tell you, you can take the seat belt off again, but it will again take the entire row half standing to access the buckle.

...and if you are lucky enough to get an aisle seat, you have to put up with the near facial pelvic thrusts of someone trying to get their luggage into overhead lockers (and risk having their overweight carry-on, including 44 gallons of glass-containered duty free liquor, falling on your head).

...and a fold-down table insufficient to actually accommodate food items and too short and flimsy to safely support a laptop.

... and Airline food, three dry crackers individually sealed into untearable packets, a block of butter similarly packaged, a cup designed so it neither fits the indentation in the tray nor will be stable due to its high center of gravity and some kind of steaming mystery meat in flavoring gruel surrounded by a few micro-portions of vegetables. At least the veges are hard to screw up.

Not that I'm complaining.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I suppose the question of whether it's worth it depends on the plane, your personal finance and your ability to cope with the annoyances of air travel.

I've gone SFO to DIA (2.5 hours) first class on a Boeing 777 several times and I have no complaints. The seats recline fully into beds and I get all the alcohol I can drink in 150 minutes.

For me, though, any ol' window seat will do.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

I suppose the question of whether it's worth it depends on the plane, your personal finance and your ability to cope with the annoyances of air travel.

I've gone SFO to DIA (2.5 hours) first class on a Boeing 777 several times and I have no complaints. The seats recline fully into beds and I get all the alcohol I can drink in 150 minutes.

For me, though, any ol' window seat will do.

I was on a 777 for my 12 hour flight and yes it was worth it.

But on a 320 Airbus? There seemed to be little diffrence between first and economy.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Always nice flying back on a Thursday night with all you can drink and a waiting cab to take you home for the weekend. I like first specifically because I will always have overhead space and frequently get the 1st seat on the plane so I'm normally the first person off.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Because I am 6 foot 8 and every inch of leg room matters!
=P

top topics

join