It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican admits Tax Bill Gives too much to Corporations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Republican admits Tax Bill Gives too much to Corporations. And this isn't a Northeast liberal Republican either, but Marco Rubio, who ran in the Republican Presidential Primary. Of course this bill does everything for business, and does it by taking away money from the government that would be used to help the American people otherwise.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Must not think it is too bad because he voted for it.

Link

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Republican admits Tax Bill Gives too much to Corporations. And this isn't a Northeast liberal Republican either, but Marco Rubio, who ran in the Republican Presidential Primary. Of course this bill does everything for business, and does it by taking away money from the government that would be used to help the American people otherwise.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Gee. you find a 'RHINO' and it merits a thread. Yawn.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Expect this man to be hated now. Go against the administration, feel the wrath of its supporters.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Well they didn't give them enough time to read it, they literally shoved the bill through the door only hours before the vote took place, not nearly enough time to actually read and understand the bill. But as you can see bipartisanship is the motivating factor in who votes in what way. Not a single Democrat voted yes, a single Republican voted no.
edit on 1/1/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Which matters more to you? Words or actions?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Rubio is most definitely a hypocrite which is what makes him the perfect politician. He's no different than any other in Washington.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Expect this man to be hated now. Go against the administration, feel the wrath of its supporters.

I don't think anyone likes Rubio to begin with. He couldn't even win his own state in a primary against Donald.

LOL

Rubio started out his political life as a newcomer from the tea party rage. He quickly flipped to establishment and has been hated ever since.

Of course, the establishment loves him and has spent big money on keeping him elected.

Am I missing anything?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

wait are we talking about obamacare or the tax bill?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Must not think it is too bad because he voted for it.

Link

But comes out publicly against it just to be double sided. "Let the record reflect I voted for it despite misgivings."

Thats plausible deniability.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
When was the last time corporations had to give something back? I mean besides lawsuit settlements.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Great minds think alike. I just posted a thread about a NYTimes article saying that state governments are starting to look for ways around some of the new tax codes. New York is one of the states.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Both actually and pretty much any other major legislation. The best way to let loopholes pass through is to not let the ones voting know about them before voting.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The tax bill doesn't give anything.

Good hell.

Someone explain to me how letting people keep more of the money they EARN is a handout ?

Screw Rubio.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

When you rig the system by paying politicians to pass laws that favor you, you are taking money away from others to line your own pockets. That's how corporations and our government work, "pay to play" at its worst. Those corporations didn't earn anything, they simply paid politicians to make it that way.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Bull and crap.

I am so GD sick and tired of the corporate vilification.

Not a single GD person on welfare programs EARNED it.

So give it a rest.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Lol sounds like a typical Washington weasel hedging his bets for an election run... methinks he'll be announcing his Presidential challenge in a few months, for which he has zero chance. But these establishment types can't accept being irrelevant. I still remember this little fool trying to go toe to toe with Trump in the primaries and embarrassing himself.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Bull and crap.

So give it a rest.

THANK YOU!!!!

Well said, pops.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Bull and crap.

So give it a rest.

Man who has earned $100 gives $20 to a man who has earned nothing in his entire life.
Man who has earned nothing in his entire life: "You're stealing from me".

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I worked for 15 years and paid my fair share of taxes. I paid medicare taxes, federal, and all sorts of taxes that were required. Our government spent the money I paid them for medicare on wars and BS. Now after I had a tumor removed from my foot and can't work nearly as much as I could before, I DESERVE WELFARE. I earned it ! I worked for years for it. They took it, they spent it, not my #ing problem. Don't like it, maybe its time to cut the military budget. The people in the hoods with 17 kids and drug records do not deserve it. The "disabled" 18 year old who has anxiety and is addicted to xanax does not need it. The opiate addicts do not need it. But some people did earn it.
edit on 1-1-2018 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join