It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"So, I was doing gardening and found this buried in my garden."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Tinker is correct it is faked .
The duct tape turns brittle and flaky and it only takes a very short time .
As for plastic bottles they to also turn brittle and brake very easily crack and end up as tiny pices of plastic .
The ocean is not full of unbroken bottles if you go to the so called garbage patch you don't see millions of plastic bottles you see what looks like normal ocean .
what is hidden from view is the billions of plastic partials .
saying plastic does not desolve does not mean it does not degrade find any car over 20 and see this for your self all the plastic fixtures are cracked and brake very easy .

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

I'm a big time gardener. I have a piece of duct tape that the former owners of our house put on the mail post, it has been there for years, exposed to every harsh element you could imagine. It is still there. Bury a piece of cardboard, see how long it takes to disintegrate, a lot longer than most people would think 2+ years and that's just cardboard, a piece of duct tape lasts much much longer. Depending on what kind of soil this bottled was buried I would totally believe it was authentic. I work with all kinds of materials like seed packets, tape, plastic etc. Even in my super harsh climate it does take a while for things to really break down.

Now that I've said all that I've noticed a trend on Youtube and such where people are doing these "stunts" to gain views. So who really knows.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Most likely the case, though, might depend on brand of the tape? Seems like the poppits("dolls") would have been more decays as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Could it be some love spell to bind two people together or perhaps part of some wedding ritual?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ummm...perhaps binding yin...to yang...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It's someone's spell. The "rag doll" is a poppet.
I don't know what the substance is. Often it will contain ummm bio products of the witch casting it.
I also don't know what the effects of you digging it up will have on the original spell, the subject ( poppet represents a person) or you digging it up.
I'd say put it back with as much reverence as you can muster.

It's likely just some teen age girls attempt at a love spell.
Or it's a serious witches binding or protection spell.
edit on 122018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
The dolls seem to me to be symbolic as a unity or bonding thing.

That's what I think. It appears to be a binding or love spell.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

What indicates to you that someone didn't like someone from the contents?

A spell to hex or vex might contain nails and other shrapnel type objects and probably urine which obviously this didn't contain.
Even if it contained blood it wouldn't necessarily indicate a hex.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

If only...the worlds land fill problems will be solved when plastic deteriorates. Duct tape can last a long time too. The glue deteriorates over time but not the tape. Even under water. But this could be a few years old.
Does it say how long the homeowner has lived there?
In any event digging it up wont have any effect on the person who found it. They were not part of the original intent of the spell. Unless one of the poppets represents the homeowner lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

In my opinion its a binding spell. Because the head, hands, and feet all appear to be bound up with that black string. Someone was attempting to bind another person.

This kind of spell isn't necessarily evil.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I accidentally dug up a previous renter's dead dog in the back yard 2 years ago prepping a garden spot. The plastic box was duct taped shut, save for the hole my shovel put in it (they did not bury the damn thing very deep)

The box wasn't that old, but the tape held up poorly. Based on that & maybe a 2 year spread of time at minimum between their moving out and our moving in, the Reddit thread is a total hoax. That duct tape looks FAR too pristine to be any older than a few days to a week in the ground. Reddit OP did it and raked in the upvotes.
edit on 1/2/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Voodoo scares the hell out of me. It definitely looks likes a "curse" thing to me. To the New Owner: Don't lose any of the parts....keep it all together. Secure it in something that is waterproof and set it back outside where it was found. Find out if you have a town historian and make appt. to see them and see if they have any ideas. Don't contact any voodoo people. They will want a whole lot of many to remove a curse (which you don't have anyway,) If the Historian know nothing, try contacting paranormal people. It could have been done by a witch. I would also try to contact someone like the Haunted Collector (had a tv show). You might get 15 minutes of fame.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Really that slow? I honestly wouldn't have thought that bare cardboard took any more than a few months to break down. Unless the soil was barren and sterile, or the cardboard coated with some kind of film.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
you guys are so funny yes duct tape takes a long time to start cracking but very very quickly louses its sticky and the nice deep dark gray fads saying this could be two years old is silly as the person implys it has been there for longer then he has owned the place in which he implys that time being measured in decades .
ok so even if it is two years then were is the story lol still a fake story how many witches doing spells are still hanging out in the woods now a days turn off your TV lol.
so maybe some kid decided to reenact the movie Craft dout shes a witch .
So check your duct tap on the pole in 10 years and get back to me check plastic bottles just laying on the ground in ten years (
being part of the highways cleaning ( aka keep our area nice groups )
and being in Florida and its scorching sun I have picking up bottles laying less then a year ( having done these roads many time )
and the bottle crumbles and ends up in pices in the garbage bag same with duct tape . now being buried probly last longer being in a cooler area would help as well but no way this is 50 years old as IMPLIED by the poster No way its ten years old now way its 5 years old two maybe ( doutfull but maybe a fake story )

I have picked up duct tape on cardboard way less then a year old only to have it crumble ( again the Florida sun is tuff on tap and plastic

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Got hex'd.

Yup. That's some definite voodoo stuff there.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I belong to a huge gardening group. We all use cardboard instead of that black fabric for weeds. It does compost, but it takes at least 2 years where I live. It is just regular old cardboard. We get lots of snow and rain too.

I do agree In southern states things naturally compost much quicker due to the heat/sun. I noticed when living in Florida even regular produce decomposed 10x as fast as living up North, even inside at the same temp.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Completly agree. I suppose it depends on how long they've owned the property, but I too am leaning towards fake.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join