It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off I go, to test myself.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

So far with my sneakers and my long johns I’ve been warm enough so long as I have my gloves on and my ski mask if I’m away from the fire. But check this out I only took a Hamic to put my sleeping bag in and the damn thing wouldn’t stay in the Hamic all night long it just kept falling out so I would wake up and the sleeping bag would be half out of the Hamic and I’d be cold. So around one or two in the morning I just got out of the Hamic put my sleeping bag on the ground and got in it that way. It was surprisingly warm once I got out of the Hamic and into the sleeping bag on the ground so that the blankets were positioned correctly I was toasty it was almost too warm at some point I wanted to stick my head outside of the sleeping bag Just to get some cool air and it would instantly be too cold and I have to stick my head back in. A sheet a sleeping bag and aa wool blanket on the ground 19° and I was as warm as I would be at my home. I still have my longjohns on and my socks. And the same thing I’m going to do tonight I’m not even going to try the Hamic but it’s not even supposed to be as cold tonight as it was last night.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The cold is doing funny things to my phone and I don’t know how to edit ATS post from my phone. But I’m doing fine. The only other issue besides having to hike almost 3 miles up here to use the phone. Is that my food is frozen. And I mean frozen like in your freezer frozen. So I have three steaks to cook But they’re all stuck together and hard as a rock. My water is slush in my bananas are too hard to eat.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

How are you keeping you cell charged?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

What part of FL are you camping in? Most of the Panhandle should be in the high 20's over the next few nights.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Your advice really helped. None of my lighters wanted to work and I had five of them. I’m really glad I took that flint and steel with me.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

The golf coast. It was 19° last night.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I have a battery pack and a solar power generator. A small one for tablets so with the generator works really good for my phone too.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
See you later Mr. McCandless

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Nice, got any pics?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: thesaneone

I have a battery pack and a solar power generator. A small one for tablets so with the generator works really good for my phone too.

Plenty of sun to charge those!!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23005079]thesaneoneI’ll upload some when I get back

link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Fritos cornchips make great fire starters & are edible in emergency. Just a couple under some tinder & lite it.Always have a bag in my hunting coat.It is 15 below here today.Be safe & have fun.

link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yes here in Florida there is it’s it’s sunny as can be out here right now

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Here’s something you guys might not know but I bought some touchscreen gloves for this trip so I wouldn’t have to freeze my fingers off to use the phone. But they don’t work in this level of cold. If I get under my blankets and I warm up then my touch screen gloves work right now they don’t and I’m full reasoning my fingers off holding this phone

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ericendtimes

It’s in the 20s here right now I cannot even imagine what below zero must feel like. I’m sure if it was below zero here I would be screwed. What I do is I keep old bitch so wax from candles in my camping gear because the wax is also a very good firestarter

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Old bits of wax. LOL

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A stylus is your friend for deep cold.

Small enough to be stored on the warm side of your equipment, and no need to remove any equipment to use your device.

Granted, they do sell touch gloves that are good for much colder, just costs more.
edit on 2-1-2018 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Here’s something you guys might not know but I bought some touchscreen gloves for this trip so I wouldn’t have to freeze my fingers off to use the phone. But they don’t work in this level of cold. If I get under my blankets and I warm up then my touch screen gloves work right now they don’t and I’m full reasoning my fingers off holding this phone

Lol, that's what you call testing yourself?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yes wax is great too.It also can be used as temporary tooth filling until you can get to dentist.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

This was my first pair of touch gloves so I didn’t even know they had a cold threshold. But yeah I forgot all about the stylist. I’m just going to get some warmer gloves and use a stylist. Thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join