It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Wikileaks lying?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Not if that is one of your primary objectives. Just a shame more news medial does not follow.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It's a good target as a reporting authority for sure. It is all just a little too neat for me though.

I think it's more likely a controlled leak website, since the gov's trust is about zero. An outside force needed to be created.

Once again, with propaganda legalized, it will need spread, it's obviously going to be done on the internet.

Who knows.

Interesting times

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The lack of trust in the gov (I assume you must mean the US gov) has little to do with WikiLeaks. It is not an American controlled organisation. WikiLeaks IS already an "outside force", a multi-national publisher with more than one hundred staff accross the Americas, Africa, Eurasia and the Asia Pacific in addition to Julian Assange, who is Australian.

Again, I can not link to WikiLeaks directly, but Wikileaks dot org has an "About" link you can click to learn more. Happy reading!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It’s there, learn to read and comprehend.

Well, people see what they wanna see ...

I don't wanna see anything, and I see zap ...

*burp* Happy New Year

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If we are being honest, WL obviously has a political bend to it. They trickle out information to insinuate a narrative, while witholding information that would be relevant.

What's the narrative they are establishing?

What relevant info have they been witholding that you seem to have access to? Please share it with us.

Quite simply, they will publish anything that makes America look bad, and nothing that makes Russia look bad. Figure out what's going on from that.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: MostlyReading

I’ll try to make it simpler for you.

This:

New cable shows New York Times “reporter” Scott Shane handed over Cablegate’s secret country by country publication schedule to the US government

Is a lie.

The “new cable” shows something that has been known about since the leak of the embassy cables, as shown in my OP.

Also, the insinuation that the NYTimes did it to give the government a heads up is a lie as well.

WikiLeaks' recent Twitter post indicates that the new cable shows the New York Times shared the publication schedule with the government, which is totally different than sharing the cables themselves. There is no indication of the former in your sources, and this is the aspect WikiLeaks is showing with this 'new cable'.

There is no lie here. Only nuance.

edit on 1-1-2018 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

To go over what's to be redacted.

As if wikileaks didn't know that was happening.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

To go over what's to be redacted.

As if wikileaks didn't know that was happening.

WikiLeaks was a part of the redaction process and knew that their partners (and even they themselves) were in communication with the US government about the cables. I suppose they weren't anticipating the NYT sharing the publication schedule as part of that communication though. At the end of the day, it really comes down to miscommunication.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Miscommunication?

I think you're being too fair.

From the second article in my OP..

As stories are published, WikiLeaks uses its website to release the related cables. For example, The Guardian published an article on Thursday based on diplomatic cables discussing the assassination of former Russian security officer Alexander Litvinenko by radiation poisoning, and WikiLeaks quickly posted three cables on the same subject.

Wikileaks knew the NYTimes were in contact with the US government and they obviously knew there was a publishing schedule, otherwise, how would they be able to carry out the above?

edit on 1/1/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
i'll take wiki seriously when assange and wiki openly start printing dirt and talking trash about Russia...until then, it's just another foreign source bashing America and other pro-democracy nations....

I thought WL was banned in Russia...

WL can only verify and publish what is given to them. There are actually plenty of non-US leaks from South American nations and global corps

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This just looks like Wikileaks is trying to discredit the NYT after they published the story that Papadopoulos's drunken revelations in London sparked the Russia investigation, not the Steele dossier.

IMO, of course.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

And then....silence....

Wikileaks knew.

The other thread spreading lies gets 100 flags and the debunking thread of said lies gets ignored.

Who cares about the truth, eh?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You are being obtuse.

It's been pointed out to you many times in this thread.

Here is one example.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

And I addressed it HERE

Wikileaks knew. And they've scammed you good.

edit on 2/1/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Your post in no way explains that Wikileaks was aware that the NYT had shared their publishing schedule with The State Department.

As stories are published, WikiLeaks uses its website to release the related cables. For example, The Guardian published an article on Thursday based on diplomatic cables discussing the assassination of former Russian security officer Alexander Litvinenko by radiation poisoning, and WikiLeaks quickly posted three cables on the same subject.

What evidence is in that quote that leads you to believe Wikileaks was aware that the publishing schedule had been shared with the State Department ???

Do you think that because they "quickly" posted on the same subject that is evidence?
Geesh, how hard would it be for wikileaks to see the Guardian had published an article and then respond to it?
Did they need 9 days of preparation?
I don't get you, you seem semi intelligent, but argue against reason and logic and get butthurt that this thread doesn't get stars and flags?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
Your post in no way explains that Wikileaks was aware that the NYT had shared their publishing schedule with The State Department.

What difference would it have made? Other outlets may have run them in a different order or even put them out all at once.

It seems like WL is spinning this, for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I request in your next message you link me the untrue material that wikileaks posted. Simply that and an explanation underneath to why this information is false.

Where have I ever said the information illegally obtained by WikiLeaks from Russian intelligence was false? It is damaging because it is true. That is why Russia weaponized it.
Sheesh I hate to ask but How's Hillary these days

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: DJW001

I request in your next message you link me the untrue material that wikileaks posted. Simply that and an explanation underneath to why this information is false.

Where have I ever said the information illegally obtained by WikiLeaks from Russian intelligence was false? It is damaging because it is true. That is why Russia weaponized it.
Sheesh I hate to ask but How's Hillary these days

What has that to do with anything. WikiLeaks published diplomatic cables to damage the United States' reputation. Nothing from the Russian Foreign Ministry. Ever.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

And then....silence....

Wikileaks knew.

The other thread spreading lies gets 100 flags and the debunking thread of said lies gets ignored.

Who cares about the truth, eh?

Well, you could write a book about it and call it "What happened to my flags". Or if you're not really that into writing, you can make a YouTube and demand to know "WHY AM I NOT 50 FLAGS AHEAD?!"

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Totally off topic but please mods let me reach to my old friend here, whilst I wait for the 13 hour difference in time we live apart now I will get started on the OP and having a read.

Honestly this is off topic Because I have not Been on ATS in a few Years, But Chadwickus I miss you ! How are you old mate? I dont think Ive been on here since I moved from West Oz to the states. How are you and who is still here ! I mean I can talk to you on Fb but really seeing you have been active here recently makes my heart sing. I am now confident theres still some of us old crew around that can bring me up to speed on what I have missed. I have missed MUCH.
( the thing that DIDNT miss me was that big old dump truck owned by VDOT when I just moved to Virginia... - But guess who can sit up now and use her Gibson! This Chicky !! YAY, finally getting the spinal injuries behind me - ooh pun - and back at it in the world)
Love you Mate!!
Cant wait to hear from you and Infaredman ? Troy still here ?

purplemur have added you as a friend - We both know Chadly, both been around ATS when WIlliamOneSac and Jkrog were alive and Chadly isd still loving that Wolverine which is Great to See
And While I never have posted much - Respect for those that have been here so long, its been a few years
for me But Happy New Year Still applies SO HNY purplemur and nice to meet you !
edit on 17/2/2018 by themuse because: Added reply to purplemur directly

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join