It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on Pakistan: 'They give safe haven to the terrorists we hunt in Afghanistan' [No more aid!]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wamt them to give the full accounting.

The American people deserve to know. And it could help the world in general if The People could control this country.

So let er rip Pakistan. We want to see the full audit.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

THATS HILARIOUS!

The United States is one of the key nations which has contributed, directly and indirectly, to the rise of terrorism in the Middle East and beyond, and Trump wants to have a go at Pakistan? This is like a yob throwing a brick through a window, and protesting that the police should be arresting the fellow who is trying to sweep up the broken glass afterward!

Decades of MIC supporting, terrorism spreading, dirty dealing, espionage based, proxy warring nonsense from the US and its allies in the Middle East, and all Trump can do, rather than STOP that bloody nonsense, is start pointing tiny little fingers at others? Shameful, absolutely shameful.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Whataboutism in the form of "im rubber and your glue".

Fact is this story tells us how Trump is doing things differently than when the US government was screwing over the world. Do you not see that hole in your logic?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It does not say anything of the sort.

This is exactly the sort of nonsense we have heard before, in that he bluntly refuses to get to the root of the problem, which is not that Obama did any particular thing, but that it was POSSIBLE for him to do those things, and the reason it was possible? Because that is simply how foreign policy is DONE in American government. Start another proxy war, keep the old ones going, manage the investment of time put in by other Presidents to ensure those wars continue, because they are profitable for the select few who run things backstage!

Same playbook.

The only difference between Trump and some other Presidents, is that he is entirely artless in his misdirection. It only works on people at the moment, because their critical reasoning skills are sub par, on a level with that of pond slime.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You castrated your entire argument by using the ad hom in your final sentence. Why would you do that?

If you think calling people you disagree with "pond slime" somehow gives you an intellectual high ground, you would be incorrect.

That said, if Trump continues the tyrannical foreign policy then im sure he will lose more supporters. The poimt is he is expressing desire to end the foreign policy we have all complaimed about. Why is that a bad thing? Because its Trump and you can second guess his motives?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Not at all.

First of all, I did not call anyone pond slime. I suggested that certain people are expressing all the intellectual prowess one would normally associate with pond slime, but I am not suggesting that those people ARE pond slime. That would be ridiculous. If they were pond slime literally, they would not be permitted to vote, which would mean that their ability to be lead around by the nose would be immaterial to the shaping of policy and politics as time wears on, and therefore I would not care enough to mention it at all.

Furthermore, Trump is already continuing the failed policies of previous years, as his interaction with the Saudis shortly after being elected, shows perfectly well. He can express all the desires in the world, but his actions do not match his expression, rather are the opposite of those one would expect to see from someone wanting to end a proxy war. He is continuing the policy, while complaining about it.

His approach is clear. Say one thing, while doing the precise opposite. That is the most potted, fluff free way to put it.

And yes, if folks are having trouble seeing the wood for the trees on that issue, they deserve to be ridiculed and made fun of, if only to inspire them to pull their bloody socks up, give themselves a slap, and start interacting with actual reality, rather than wrapping the wool ever tighter about their eyes, and pushing ever more firmly, their fingers into their ears.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The U.S. has basically paid Pakistan to be 'our friends' so we could use their air bases, and keep some of our military equipment there.

Since the start of the War in Afghanistan, the majority of the Aid comes from the United States.The Majority of US assistance to Pakistan is from the Coalition Support Fund which is reimbursement to Pakistan for expenses already incurred and compensation for facilities made available to the coalition forces such as the Shamsi Airfield and Dalbandin air bases by Pakistan as well as $4 billion has been billed to CSF Fund for the training and services provided by American military and contractors to Pakistan Security Forces.[1] The $4 billion is equivalent to 41,204 crore Pakistani rupees, per the exchange rate of 1$ = 103.01 Pakistan rupees on 23 October 2016.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Some of the money we sent was supposed to feed their impoverished populations, but we were unable to deliver the food due to overt hostility towards our workers.

Most of the money we have sent has been misused due to corruption. Some of it was supposed to be used for education, but that simply has not happened.

Although I am not a supporter of this administration, it does seem prudent to cut off their aid. And if they begin threatening us now, it only verifies we were 'paying' for a bogus friendship anyway.
edit on 1/2/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: antiantonym

Pakistan has fired back via twitter:

thehill.com...

I find that very interesting claiming they have let us use their military bases for 'free'. No, that's what we were paying them for, if you want to cut through all the 'diplomacy', although it may not be easy to find somewhere else to park our planes and house our bombs, or whatever else they keep there.
edit on 1/2/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

He has an interaction with the Saudi's meant to bolster the US dollar. His primary jobs are to protect our currency, protect our trade, protect our economy, and protect our borders. While I don't like the Saudi's...seeing that toppling them in the wrong way would destabilize our currency....i support playing nice with him.

Im curious why when he uses diplomacy with a key economic ally you are upset. Isn't your complaint here that he uses heavy handed diplomacy? But when he doesn't, you disapprove?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

He uses heavy hands with those who do not deserve it, and does business with those he should not support or endorse in any fashion at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I'll give MBS, the rather progressive young leader now in charge of Saudi a chance to turn the place around.

I can entertain the idea that change for the good can take place.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join