It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Effect: Pakistan goes after terrorist funder that they protected under Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

So...yours and the OP’s view that Trump definitely had an influence but no one will admit it is more correct than my “we don’t know and there’s no evidence view”??

Cool story bro.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You sound pissed about this news.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

It's arbitrary to talk about it. But yes...most likely they were influenced in some way.

His tweet sort of threatens to cut off aid...there's a good incentive.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The Trump admin has just recently announced they are withholding aid.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.hindustantimes.com...

Is Trump admin giving up on Pakistan? US to deny military aid worth $255 million
The fresh move by the Donald Trump administration reflects its complete disillusionment with Pakistan, which had sought to brazenly disregard the explicit warnings issued by the US President personally and leading members of his cabinet

edit on 1-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The supporting evidence is the chain of events:

- pakistan doesnt keep its end of the bargain
- trump defunds pakistan
- pakistan begins keeping its end of the bargain

Is it proof that it went that way? No. But it is enough supporting evidence to extract your bunched up panties.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No bunched up panties.

Just calling out more pro trump chest beating with no supporting evidence, there was none in the OP.

All I wanted is proof and people get triggered over it.

edit on 1/1/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Ah right, so Pakistan let him walk free 3 months ago during the Trump administration..

They decide to defund Pakistan and that’s when they jump into action. Just a thought but it reminds me extortion or blackmail on Pakistan’s part..

Not working though, as the President is going to cut all funding to them. They are not doing enough. Pakistan need to spend the next period of significant time complying completely with ALL efforts to wipe out terrorists finding comfort on their lands. There are no excuses.
edit on 1/1/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

No bunched up panties.

Just calling out more pro trump chest beating with no supporting evidence, there was none in the OP.

Proof of what? That Pakistan are showing signs of taking action because of Trump? Why does that matter? Perhaps you are too focused on trying to diminish Trump to see the wood for the trees.
The fact is that the President has turned his sights on them and rightly so. It's about time all these terrorist sympathizers were called out and punished until they fall into line.
edit on 1/1/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You asked for supporting evidence, not proof.

Supporting evidence is present. No need to move the goal posts now.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Where is your proof that people were triggered over it?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Ah right, so Pakistan let him walk free 3 months ago during the Trump administration..

They decide to defund Pakistan and that’s when they jump into action. Just a thought but it reminds me extortion or blackmail on Pakistan’s part..

Not working though, as the President is going to cut all funding to them. They are not doing enough. Pakistan need to spend the next period of significant time complying completely with ALL efforts to wipe out terrorists finding comfort on their lands. There are no excuses.

Exactly, Pakistan has been supporting the Taliban all along, Lets not forget though that it was the Taliban who suddenly went all righteous and banned the farming of opium poppy fields in Afghanistan before 9/11 happened. Pakistan and the CIA were in kahoots running the drugs around the world prior to that. So it’s all quite a lot murkier than any of us imagine.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You asked for supporting evidence, not proof.

Supporting evidence is present. No need to move the goal posts now.

Actually, I believe what you described is not supporting evidence. Supporting evidence would directly support an assertion.

What you listed is circumstantial evidence, which can be a logical fallacy itself in it's usage, as it opens the door to interpretation.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You used the term "evidence" to describe it....but want to say it isnt evidence?

Would you rather the President of Pakistan just wear a sandwich board that says, "Im the US's bitch."? What evidence do you want?

It was never done before
Trump takes direct action
It starts happening all of a sudden

Circumstantial? Yes. Reasonable? Absolutely

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You used the term "evidence" to describe it....but want to say it isnt evidence?

I said it's circumstantial evidence, not supporting evidence.

Would you rather the President of Pakistan just wear a sandwich board that says, "Im the US's bitch."? What evidence do you want?

I, frankly, don't care. Just making sure we put things in proper context.

Circumstantial? Yes. Reasonable? Absolutely

Sure. Glad you agree.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Oh here we go. One partisan side is going to push so hard against there being a victory here that it'll appear as if their agenda was to have these people on the loose, being protected.

And it'll just make perfect sense.

Hip hip happy New Year!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Why is it important to put this in the 'proper' context?

As was mentioned:
It was never done before
Trump takes direct action
It starts happening all of a sudden

Is it really so important to you to have some undeniable proof that Pakistan are acting because they are under pressure from the Trump administration? We're not talking about an investigation here. It seems a like a strange focus on your part.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Short of open admission of capitulation i am unsure what more you can ask for?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
why didn't our useless corrupt leaders do something about this ten years ago?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The Trump effect is nice, but some of these replies are definitely in denial about what true leadership can do around the world.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Short of open admission of capitulation i am unsure what more you can ask for?

Reasonable political discourse and proper context.

If we are going to go as far as to credit this to the "Trump effect", let's have some meat to the argument. Otherwise, it just seems like a fanboy circle jerk.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join