It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some news about legalize marijuana sales

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Thats because Colorado law requires a person to buy their marijuana from state licensed sellers.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Anything on Twinkie sales?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

As does California. You can not sell home grows.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

As does California. You can not sell home grows.

Californias law is not the same as Colorados by the way. California will require state licensed shops to sell recreational. Shops in existence for medicinal are prohibited from selling to anyone without a medical card for it. From what I am seeing there are no recreational shops in place yet in California although January 2018 it is expected they will start opening if California can iron out the rules covering recreational use.

The other issue is California law is not standard. The law makes recreational use legal however it will allow local governments to set their own rules for recreational sale and use. A divergence from Co0lorado law.

There seems to be a lot of discussion in Californias government on what regulations are needed. The one topic states are iffy about, including California, is marijuana edibles.

In California, edibles will have to be low-dose — breaking off into sections with 10 milligrams of THC, the psychoactive agent, so people know exactly how much they are ingesting. Edibles will need to be in childproof packaging and not come in any fashion that would “appeal to children,”

It is being discussed because Colorado law had the unintended side effect of children eating marijuana laced foods, requiring trips to the ER.

My position has not changed on Californias law undermining itself so we are going to have to agree to disagree on that. There are to many unanswered questions with Californias law in addition to what local governments are going to put in place.
edit on 3-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ok, but you have to buy Marijuana from a retail center. Same as Colorado. They opened on Jan 1st in many places.

You can't sell your home grow.

And yes a great idea to control concentrates. I agree 100 percent.

However, parents also should be held responsible for goodness sake.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: jtma508

People can still grow it for free. They just have limits on how much they can grow at any specific location without a license.

...freedom, but with limits..

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Leo's are concerned a reduction of funding will happen, well guess what we have a opiod epidemic, spending time on Marijuana enforcement with no overdose potential and limited addiction potential is beyond stupid.

Studies have shown a significant decrease in opiod use in states that have legalized it. That in itself speaks volume.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AD333

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: jtma508

People can still grow it for free. They just have limits on how much they can grow at any specific location without a license.

...freedom, but with limits..

Welcome to adulthood lol.

I wish I could freely use any land I see for any purpose I want. But we have laws like property rights, zoning laws, & militarized zones that limit that. And there are quite a few people in this world that I'd love to smack upside the head, but there are all kinds of assault and battery laws that limit that (and to be fair, there are probably even more people who'd love to do that to me but whatever).

"Freedom with limits" exists everywhere that there are humans and it will always exist. Even communities without centralized govts form their own traditions and norms which are upheld by the people in the area.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

THey have to do this with all street drugs before they bring in the cashless economy.

With the cashless economy, it would be relatively easy task to know who the seller and and who ithe buyer is. This info could be reasily obtained just be data matching bank account records.

That in turn would mean they would have close to a 100% clean up rate and so the drug trade in street drugs will dry up over night so to speak. The fact they want street drug retailing to contune after they go cashless, then they have to legalise them because there is no other way out.

By making them legally available for medicinal purposes they are giving eveyone a way out even before they go cashless.
So you can see, this is just the transition happening before they cashless witout it looking too obvious.

What are they going to with hard drugs,

Dunno, perhaps say they might start saying they are not so bad afterall. After all, its mostly only the great unwashed who take them any way and who cares how many of them die anyway? - Another tyne in the depopulation rake.

For all I know, there may be secret medicines or other secret treatments for the rich and should that be the case then it matters even less to the parents of the rich and to the govt who are getting tax.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
I can't believe how utterly stupid it is that many fellow Americans can walk into a store, browse around and purchase their favorite strands of MJ while it is completely illegal in other states.

I live in WA and my roomate is always watching cops, live pd, alaska state troopers and other cop shows i hate, and i really hate it when i see people getting busted for weed. Everyone should just move to the weed states and boycoyt everyone else until they learn.

(post by ReddArrow removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It should be decriminalized at national level, and for it being a right given by God. This one is complicated. The Bible does not explicitly state weather or not Marijuana use is permitted, so you have to look deeper to get an answer. The Bible speaks of wine and beer, indicating that consuming these to enhance once mood a bit is permitted, however becoming so inebriated that you are prone to falling into sin is in itself a sin. The key here seems to be avoiding overindulgence with mind altering substances. The Bible states that God gave us green herbs for food and medicinal use, and even praises an herb known as the “plant of renown”. This herb has been shown to provide medical benefits. There have been many people in modern times indicate that the moderate use of Marijuana may make a person seem more Christ like but one should rely on God for this.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join