It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Personal Is Meditation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I recently started to learn about meditation and astral projection. I needed a way to clear my mind from everything around me. Everything is so connected these days you just have so much going on. Phones & social media come to kind.

I just needed time to myself. no distractions. Just me and my mind.

After 3 weeks of trying meditaion I started to feel calmer and more relaxed. Even a little happier. My dreams became more lucid. I found that I was dreaming everynight. Lucid dreams happened more often than not.
I had a dream diary that I used every morning to write certain things down before they vanished from my mind.

I found that once I learned to control my breathing, I was able to relax more and just let my thoughts go where they liked.

I find meditatiion very personal. It's not something i share with others.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Meditation is about stilling the mind - however - it is almost impossible to still the mind - but it is possible to notice the quiet stillness that the mind appears in.

It can be noticed that thoughts just happen and it can be noticed that they happen in nothing. So the outcome would be that there isn't anyone that thoughts happen to and the thoughts can never be speaking about you.
All that appears just appears.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Consciousness is infected by time. In a way consciousness is enslaved by time - the juice of consciousness feeds the process of time. This process of time is the mind itself - the way the mind operates and defines itself. The mind works automatically, one particle attracting or repelling other particles. Meditation develops as the outcome of some sort of awakening from the automatic activity of the mind. The activity of the mind creates a type of narcosis or self-hypnosis. Meditation is an insight into this process. Perhaps it could be said that meditation is an inquiry into the nature of unconsciousness rather than consciousness. For example how does hypnosis work? By watching the processes at work in a scientific sense, that is without bias, the processes are revealed little by little. Hypnosis works by repetition. Drugs produce hypnosis because the particular chemicals are taken on a regular repetitive basis. So for me meditation is a sort of developed outcome of breaking free from the narcotic nature of the mind. The thirst for the new and novel experiencing of life, free from the repetition of past experience, which also extends into the "future". There is that great Zen illustration of the goose egg placed in a bottle and the gosling that hatches out inside; and that tricky Master who asks: "How does one remove the goose from the bottle without killing the goose or breaking the bottle?"

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Golden Rule

The question is..........is there actually anyone in there?
Thoughts speak about someone but isn't that someone simply a thought?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

To answer that would be like telling a joke in reverse, starting with the punch line. I am sure the payoff for the inner journey is the realization of the absurdity of our previous dilemma.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

If there is a "someone" inside, he/she is the master of disguises. A celestial Mike Myers.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golden Rule

If there is a "someone" inside, he/she is the master of disguises. A celestial Mike Myers.

There is no 'inside' or 'outside'.
There is just what is happening.

The idea is that there is a 'you' on the inside doing stuff to the outside - or the outside is doing stuff to 'you' inside. Life might seem like it is happening to you or that life is something that you do.
Life is one - not two.

Life is this that is - there isn't any seams - it is not divided into a you and life - life is what is.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

And we're back with my questions from the top: how are you doing it?

Limited Physical activity meditation-
Moments of deep thought why postulating the reality and activities going on within it around us ALL*
You may be thinking of something religious/spiritual or scientific that you came across that may challenge your original belief system for example that puts your mind into deep state thinking that requires meditation even if unaware you are doing it.

Are we alone?
Thinking from are Aliens related to Creation of man and religion to how safe is advanced technology for civilization such as artificial intelligence, nano technologies and enhancer/medical implants...

This deep thinking for example can last hours or days if not longer, depending on what is concentrated on.
Are we alone?
Where did we come from?
What am I, in or to the universe?

At the points of asking these complex questions you have to seek internally to connect with the collective beyond that may help you solve these questions. Beyond being that higher dimension or realm where THE who Created your Eternal Soul/Spirit/Internal energy resides primarily but may not only.
This is how you can begin to solve complex questions and problems by as some say looking within.

If you truly do not care that much about your surroundings and others interacting within it, it may be challenging to reach these deep collectives of consciousness during meditation because the frequency you are resonating on and giving off is not attracting the energies there or beyond you may seek.
If not careful you may attract shadows you did not plan on attracting do to them sensing your true spirit frequency.

It is as if at this point who you are outside of the eyes of your peers counts the most there in those meditative states.
So hidden negative energy others in your peer group may overlook or not see is completely observable there. If for example you have hate issues within but portray on the outside that you dont the energies there will detect it. And interact with you accordingly.
You have to care about others who with you make up the WHOLE...

During these deep concentrations you may experience somewhat unnoticeable moments of time slips (or not notice time moving by for hours and or days) as it usually seems to why in this deep thinking mode/state.
You are still working or carrying on with your daily life activities, but may appear distant or a little off to others around you who may not understand what you are deep thinking at those moments.

Physical activity meditation- Also deep thinking and concentration involved of the reality around you.

At these active moments you may be bike riding, exercising, reading a good book, jogging, cleaning your home etc. but you are still thinking & concentrating on important issues or situations that may involve others and or you. Why at the same time trying to figure ways out to basically apply what you have learned to help or enlighten others...

One form of meditation why physically active the other why not so active.

Both forms of meditation require deep thinking of others and ones self, who you are again outside the eyes of your peers, but directly under the eye of the who Created you and where you ultimately stand consciously in the shadows the light or both?

This is foundation of your spiritual frequency.

Without balanced foundation 1 can imagine the meditation process seeming to be an experience of suspended void.
Therefore build up your spiritual foundation more to interact more with the benevolent energies that can or may enlighten & guide you.
Which can have positive effects on your physical body, mind and health as your Kundalini now has a peaceful path to move through all the way up to your crown where it can increase your receptivity.

Happy New Year

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
How personal, is like asking how big space is, or how deep are the deepest oceans.

Idk, for me when I was dedicated, its almost like everything just makes sense, platonically anyways, and it didn't bother me, just went with the flow. It almost like the universe/reality/God...(need it go there really), or environment speaks in a very subtle, but instantaneous way.

The more I try to form a concept or wrap my mind on it like a turban, the more I see it being devoured by entropy, or the motions.
edit on 1-1-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golden Rule

There is no 'inside' or 'outside'.
There is just what is happening.

The idea is that there is a 'you' on the inside doing stuff to the outside - or the outside is doing stuff to 'you' inside. Life might seem like it is happening to you or that life is something that you do.
Life is one - not two.

Life is this that is - there isn't any seams - it is not divided into a you and life - life is what is.

So...Karma is an illusion then (in reality) because there is no individual action from an inside to an outside and no reaction from an outside to an inside? No bottle, no goose...no in no out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join