It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Democratic Rep. Corrine Brown sentenced to five years in prison for fraud charges

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So,

I just heard about the sentencing today for Corrine Brown though it happened about a month ago. I thought I would share it here since I have seen people comment about how the swamp is still very much swampy no matter what this administration or the Dept of justice do about it.

Well, since Dec 4th its not as bad as it was anyways.

This congresswoman had a fake charity she used as a private slush fund. She went through all the motions leading up to this claiming that the department of justice was just out to get her "Because she is a black woman with a mouth". She insisted that she is an honest, socially conscious democrat that has a lifetime of work under her belt, all dedicated to the impoverished and disenfranchised voters she represents.

Yeah right.

Its feels good to have a government again.

Former Rep. Corrine Brown was sentenced to five years in prison and three years probation Monday after being found guilty of fraud earlier this year, the Florida Times-Union reported. Brown, Florida Democrat, was charged with supporting a charity fund for poor students that she then used for personal purposes, and lying on her tax returns. She was convicted in May after two former aides accepted plea deals in return for testifying against her. “This was a crime born of entitlement and greed, committed to supporting a lifestyle that was beyond their means,” said Judge Timothy Corrigan, according to Nate Monroe, a reporter for the Times-Union.

www.washingtontimes.com...

She was convicted of 18 felony charges after her day in court BTW. This happened because she did the crime and not because someone in the DOJ doesnt like her. Or Russia.

edit on 12 31 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Looks like Corrine Brown and Maxine Waters use the same wig manufacter.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Oh, she'll always be a democrat but she'll also always be a former congresswoman - lol.

Another one bites the dust!

Good riddance you swamp creature!

She'd tried to blame it all on her assistant too. Shameful!

WaPo article

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

don`t count on her always being a former congresswoman, when she gets out of prison the fools in her district will probably re-elect her. after marion barry got out of prison they re-elected him mayor of Washington D.C.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If the swamp was really being drained then pretty much every single person who holds a high profile government position would be thrown in jail. Great to hear justice was served with this criminal but it is just a drop in the ocean that is our completely corrupt government and political system.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

One at a time sir. One at a time.
You cannot just lock them all up at once or risk a shutdown.

Which some will argue is a good thing. . .

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

And they'll be replaced by the same type of people. As long as Citizen's United is a thing then the corruption will never be purged, it will just be a revolving door of money hungry politicians going in and out.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
How long before the FREE CORRINE BROWN memes start?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Wow a twofer for you guys. Black and dem.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bearclan
They usually are

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: bearclan
They usually are

Kind of like when a conservative is caught with an underage gay kid..

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Anyone who uses charity funds to enrich themselves are pretty scummy.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Hahaa, how right you are!
Seeing a politician go to jail for corruption always warms my heart, however in this case it hurt my eyes to see it.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

She was only doing what the Clinton foundation was doing, I guess she read it wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If the swamp was really being drained then pretty much every single person who holds a high profile government position would be thrown in jail. Great to hear justice was served with this criminal but it is just a drop in the ocean that is our completely corrupt government and political system.

So it's time for a new system, yes?

Go ahead, tell me what we should do.

I'm all ears.

*Edit (3 stars in) - Because if it doesn't involve a dark tavern, some parchment and a group of people willing to give their lives for this new country, forget about it.

We need a new Declaration of Independence, followed by an insurrection. The old buildings of control must be burnt, the systems put in place to enslave us torn down, and a new compact of responsibility put in place.

See, now NONE of that is going to happen because iPhones, Coca-Cola, Corvettes and Mustangs. We're simply living too damned good of a life. I don't see anything changing.
edit on 1-1-2018 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bearclan

She's only half black, she has white lady hair.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bearclan

First one who mentions race is ofcourse, a democrat. Also, "for you guys"? Jailing a corrupted congressman/woman is good for all of us.

Simple; you and people like you are a plague on the nation.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They bought them at James Brown's estate sale.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Anyone who uses charity funds to enrich themselves are pretty scummy.

I can think of two that run a certain foundation that can join Brown.

new topics

top topics

join