It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: projectvxn

But I'm not going to trade in coins that will end with a DEA knock on my door.

Ok so I won't be a DOPE

Honestly only LOOK at POT.

Their Dev team doesn't answer questions, they haven't made any real updates to their developments in a very long time, and it doesn't seem like anyone there is actually interested in expanding into the legal dispensary markets in the States.

The more I learn about this coin and the people behind it the more I think it's simply a lazy attempt by flunkies to make something they had zero interest in supporting.

Edit:

None of their social media really discusses their business plans, how they intend to deal with government-in particular- law enforcement, how will taxes then be collected legally, because the coin might not have to deal with state laws, but the dispensary does if it wants to survive. How will POT help the cannabis industry grow and become a more legitimate economic force in order to for us to see the policy changes at national levels that we seek while bringing value to consumers?

These are highly important questions. It isn't enough for PotCoin to simply exist and say, "use me for weed man". It looks like this is their approach.
edit on 2 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Im a mod on a ripple XRP discord, own a good amount, and tweet about it as well.

XRP is the future.

@JinMi I will fo ahead and make a few counterarguments to your points here.

1. Ripple is not centralized and will become increasingly decentralized as time goes on. Anyone can run a Ripple validator, even you. In addition to that, Ripple sets up new and approved nodes all over the world with their financial partbers increasing the size scope and decentralization of the network.

Ripple is/will be more decentralized than bitcoin. 80% of mining is done in China for Bitcoin. What if theu are shut down? What if they go on strike? What if mining is no longer profitable (which is beginning to be the case).

2. There IS a very valid use case for the XRP token. Ripples main use case is competing for SWIFTs market share. Using Ripplenet alone banks can save about 30% on cross border transfers and do it in fractions of the time. Using the network native token (XRP) on the network banks can see additional 20-30% cost savings and increased speed. Its a no brainer. Once banks get Ripples software and set up using xCurrent.. moving them over to xRapid using XRP is a no brainer and easy. Banks like money, and using XTP saves them a ton.

3. XRP is also a settlement tool. Think about it as a universal bamk currency without borders. Right now banks and large companies have hundreds of billions of dollars tied up in NOSTRO accounts overseas they cant do anytbing with. Its wasted capital just sitting there dormant for use if neccesary. XRP eliminates the need for NOSTRO accounts and gives these banks and large companies instant access to settlement and funds anywhere so they can actually make payments on the fly without tying up capital. This means the banks can not only save billions.. but now spend billions.more.on the economy making them more.money.

4. XRP is currently being used right now by a bank called Cuallix. They use xRapid for cross border payments. In addition to that ot was just announced a few days ago the 3 largest Japanese credit card companies are going to be using XRP to process the back end of their transactions. That is huge.

5. Although they arent using XRP at this point, American Express, Santander, BBVA, the 3 largest banks in Australia, banks in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, China, and all over Asia are now official Ripple partners and are using Ripplenet (xCurrent) and more than half of them are currently testing xRapid using XRP right now.

6. Ripple has many partnerships right now under NDA, some have been noted to be very large household names. Current rumors are saying Amazon, Uber, and Alibaba.

7. Theres already a 100 million dollar hedgefund being set up solely using XRP as the buy in currency.

8. SBI Holdings has partnered with Ripple to create SBI Ripple Asia. Today they are going live with a Crypto Exchange using XRP as the native currency for all transactions. SBI holdings will also be using XRP with their bank partnerships.

9. Japanese bank consortum, XRP look it up.

10. Ripple hired the politician who wrote the rules on crypto here in the US to their board last month. They are using his pull to potentially make Ripple the only Federally sanctioned crypto.

11. The 60% of XRP owned by Ripple is locked up in a rotating escrow. They cant dump it on the market. Those funds have actually been allocated for Ripples partberships. They are able to sell a maximum of 1bil XRP to their big FI partners or to exchanges (like changeally or coinbase).

These are facts. Its why Ripple has risen to the top in overall marketcap (including the escrowed funds).

Ripple is the future, it is not a question, it is certainty

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Both Stellar and Ripple continue their uptrends.

Stellar +29.37%
Ripple +16.14%

You can do it!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Both Stellar and Ripple continue their uptrends.

Stellar +29.37%
Ripple +16.14%

You can do it!

Cardano was @ .41 cents on Dec. 27th, it now sits @ .75 cents.

I think Cardano maybe a shiny crypto in the future with the tech that they have been working on.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Also let's not forget that a major investor just bought close to 6 billion dollars in XRP into one wallet.

That's enough to do two things:

Capitalize MAJOR cross border payments using Ripple's network OR a major exchange just bought enough XRP to start selling it(Guess who that could be).

I think people are letting their ideology stop them from making sound investments. The Crypto market doesn't just belong to privacy advocates and libertarian ideologues anymore.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Funny Silver is doing a rally as well 17 .27 an ounce, I wonder what's causing it.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
All of my holdings are doing extremely well today.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Lots of silver in cruise missiles.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In the process of buying Cardano.

Daedulus is taking forever as well as my Eth deposit confirmation.

I rebalanced my polo account to get in Cardano.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Funny Silver is doing a rally as well 17 .27 an ounce, I wonder what's causing it.

Solar energy is causing it.

Tesla and others are betting big on the solar energy industry.

That industry requires copious amounts of silver as it is the main component of solar cells.

You can't have solar without silver - USA Today

I hold silver as well. Gold is still too artificially high for me to want to get it on and I don't think the correction ever made its way to gold the way it did for silver.

I would say buy and hold silver(physical) and stock in silver mining and market suppliers to solar companies.

I would also recommend solar companies or even cryptos that are heavily tied to the solar energy industry.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I know.

I hold it too.

Diversified.

Stocks,crypto, and bullion.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Proud new owner of Cardano.

Not much.

Bittrex disabled new signups.

Used Binance.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Literally zero to do with that.

Ideology investors don't do well.

Just a piece of advice.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Go look at the amount of XRP, now go look at the market cap.

Do some math and tell me what buying ripple is going to do for you? Answer = not much at this point.
edit on 2-1-2018 by TheGOAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If you really, really want to get in on the most solid project, with the best team in all of crypto, you need to look into OmesiGO, OMG.

OmiseGO is going to disrupt the banking system like you have never seen before in your lifetime. It will allow users to put their paper money into the DEX network, ran by Plasma Technology which will process 1 Million transactions per second and upwords.

Once you put your fiat into the currency, you exchange it for any other form of currency you desire. You have a dollar, I want a YEN, it's done instantaneously through the blockchain in a fraction of a second for a fee of around .01%, yes .01% not 1% or .1%.

This technology already has massive banks and conglomerates ready to rock as soon as the network is launched as it has OMISE, the parent company, with alipay and more moving directly to the blockchain.

Also, if you own OMG tokens, ,you will be able to stake them using OMISEGO wallet, on your computer, to process transactions and you get paid in ethereum for each transaction you process. This will be the biggest blockchain technology of the next 3 years hands down. Major crypto investors have valued this token at $700 by end of 2018 if they stick to the roadmap, which they have been.

Jun Hasegawa
CEO / Founder

Donnie Harsinut
COO / Co-Founder

Wendell Davis
Product Design

Thomas Greco
Special Advisor

Vansa Chatikavanij
Managing Director

Advisors
Joseph Poon
Lightning Network Co-Author
OmiseGO Principal Author

Vitalik Buteri
Founder of Ethereum
Proof-of-Stake Research: Scalability, Safety, Privacy
Dr. Gavin Wood

Co-Founder of Ethereum, Founder of Parity & Polkadot
Consensus Technology Research, Development and Utilization

Jae Kwon
Creator of Tendermint, and Cosmos Network
Proof-of-Stake Research - BFT Consensus, Speed, Interoperability

Vlad Zamfir
Casper (Ethereum) Research Lead
Proof-of-Stake Research: Economic Security, Consensus Protocols, Correct-by-Construction Protocols

Karl Floersch
Casper (Ethereum) Researcher
Proof-of-Stake Research: Cryptoeconomics, AI Ethics, Implementation

Martin Becze
eWASM (Ethereum Web Assembly) creator
Scalability research: eWASM, VM’s, microkernels

Julian Zawistowski
Founder of Golem
Decentralised Economics Enthusiast

Ayako Miyaguchi
Former MD Kraken Japan, Founder of Japan Blockchain Association, Board member of Japan Fintech Association
Regulatory Relations, Financial Inclusion, Crypto Social Impact

Pandia Jiang
Founder of LinkTime
Community Relations, Crypto-Business Advisor

Ash Han
CEO of Finector, Co-founder of Cosmos, Angel Backer and Blockchain Evangelist
Distributed Economy, A combination of Crypto, Finance, and Technology

Roger Ver
Roger Ver
CEO of bitcoin.com, First Major Backer of Earliest Crypto Startups
Decentralization Advisor, Human Rights Advocate

Prof. David Lee Kuo Chuen
Professor of Quantitative Finance, Singapore University of Social Sciences
Financial Inclusion, Microfinance

omisego.network...
www.reddit.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I didn't see this as you didn't reply but listed me, sorry bout that.

Ripple is not centralized and will become....

Exactly my point. Wishes and goals are a dime a dozen in this space, you know that if you're a mod in /r. Again, I'm not comparing to BTC as I think it is antiquated.

Using Ripplenet alone...

Also my point.

3. XRP is also a settlement tool.

That goes for many coins competing as currency in the space. They are not alone, even though, admittedly, they are fast.

Although they arent using XRP at this point.....

Agreed, nor do they have to.

Current rumors are saying Amazon, Uber, and Alibaba.

What coin isn't rumored to be with those? C'mon man, unless XRP is the only coin you follow, similar rumors run rampant.

9. Japanese bank consortum, XRP look it up.

a collection of 61 Japan-based bank members brought together by SBI Holdings and SBI Ripple Asia — announced that it’s made progress to become production-ready on RippleNet.

ripple.com...

Yep, Ripplenet, not XRP.

You've continued to muddy the waters with your post.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGOAT

Do some math and tell me what buying ripple is going to do for you? Answer = not much at this point.

What’s your point on market cap?

XRP has 90 billion dollar market cap. Second largest.

Are you talking about the supply locked in escrow?

If a large market cap was a problem then BTC would be worth 3 times less than xrp(respectively) at the moment. XRP has outperformed BTC because it is a liquidity vehicle.

Comparing XRP to any other crypto doesn’t really make sense.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: TheGOAT

What’s your point on market cap?

XRP has 90 billion dollar market cap. Second largest.

Are you talking about the supply locked in escrow?

If a large market cap was a problem then BTC would be worth 3 times less than xrp(respectively) at the moment. XRP has outperformed BTC because it is a liquidity vehicle.

Comparing XRP to any other crypto doesn’t really make sense.

What's my point about market cap? You have 1 Trillion Coins, you're $2.46 cents right now, and have 95 Billion of the market cap. You will have to take up the entire market cap of crypto to hit $20. This is the issue with newbs just jumping on something. Do some math first and research what you're getting into. Buying xrp at $2.45 is the same as buying BTC at 10K, or LTC at $150.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGOAT

There aren’t a a trillion coins there’s 100 billion. 60 percent of which are locked in escrow.

Maybe redo your math.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: TheGOAT

There aren’t a a trillion coins there’s 100 billion. 60 percent of which are locked in escrow.

Maybe redo your math.

Same difference, 100 Billion.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join