It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

I can't for certain say who is doing the selling as I haven't looked at the chains however I know the overarching issue is that there is little new money coming in.

The hype is done and long over. Now coins need real use. It's happening, just way past the speculation period.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It is a flight to dollars. Even Tether is getting sold. Somebody or EVERYBODY is cashing out. They want that "fiat"!!

I think the dollars might get redirected with FORCE in a new direction. Or pulled out and used to pound down the U.S. stock market. Or used to prop up the stock market. Or what else...? Anybody? Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Twenty-fouur hours of carnage.

The chart is telling us something about crypto currency EXCHANGES. The wallets are just sitting there holding some digital something, but the brokered exchange is controlling the "price". Like the futures traders speak of putting a handle on something to control it.

It's the masters of time and money!

Tether is the bomb. It's a dollar. It's a dollar bomb. People will sell it for less than a dollar. Tether will make a dollar worth less. Not a handle. A tether.

Those people need a leash.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

edit on 6-9-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

These broader movements coincided with a handful of notable developments. Early in August, Intercontinental Exchange, which owns the New York Stock Exchange, announced plans to create a regulated, global exchange for digital assets called Bakkt.

www.cryptoglobe.com...

While the markets are in their own zone of decline, there is some news building up around the Bitcoin ETF. This time things seem to be on the positive side as the new appointment at SEC by Trump is Pro cryptocurrency. The other news that would give a positive push to cryptos is that Coinbase is considering options for Bitcoin ETF. Maybe this is the news the street was awaiting that could hold the free fall in markets.

coingape.com...

Down but not out.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Has anyone heard about Initiative Q? I stumbled upon it couple of nights ago. They are giving away feee coins to anyone who registers for it. You can not buy coins. Anyway, it intrigued me, this is something new I thought. But how are those coins going to have any value if they are giving it away for free? Actually their idea is not dumb at all: they are not going to release all coins at one, only small amounts so they could create stability of their "currency". Anyone who registers is going to receive around 12.000 coins but not at once but in stages. Anyway I would like to hear other members opinion about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

I'd stay away from anything you have to register for unless it's a reputable exchange.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

I've heard of scams involving fake airdrops and coin giveaways. BEWARE.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Well, the guy who is behind the whole project sold a startup "Fraudulent Sciences" to Paypal for 160 milion dollars ten years ago and that technology is now the backbone of Paypal's fraud protection mechanism, so I seriously dobt that guy with that kind of reputation would suddenly decide to scam people... I hoped that somebody would take a deeper look at the whole project and not just scream "run for your life" .

Article about the founder:

www.haaretz.com...

P.S. I hope nobody gets offended, I know you had good intentions. But sometimes a person should maybe take a look at something before judging it...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's been a while for me.

I'm not backing down. Still long term for me.

Buying little nibbles here and there. Even though it's like throwing cash into the toilet and repeatedly flushing.

I figure the state lottery isn't doing too hot for me either.

Picked up a few more BNB and VET.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I wouldn’t either — better pissing it away than yelling at windmills...or reminding us how interdependent us city folk are on long-haul freight.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Buying little nibbles here and there. Even though it's like throwing cash into the toilet and repeatedly flushing.

Pretty much why I haven't lately. Just seems little point in it right now.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Especially end and beginning of the following year was cryptogeddon.

Kinda wish FOMO was en vogue again.

Positive news that has come out really hasn't done snip to the market which is odd.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

On Thursday, CNBC divulged that BitGo, a well-known American cryptocurrency infrastructure provider, had received a regulatory green light from South Dakota’s Division of Banking to make a foray into offering custodial solutions for institutions. More specifically, the startup collected a state trust company charter from the aforementioned governmental body, which reportedly makes its crypto custody solution the first that is fully regulated.

As reported by NewsBTC on Thursday, insiders revealed that Morgan Stanley, one of the leading firms on Wall Street, has already developed the infrastructure that would be required to back Bitcoin derivatives. As such, it was relayed by Bloomberg that the firm reportedly has plans to launch a Bitcoin swaps vehicle on the condition that established institutions show sufficient interest and demand.

In a move that indicates that the institutional dominos are beginning to cascade, Citigroup, a multinational financial services provider, has been said to have created a product known as the “Digital Asset Receipt,” reports Business Insider. The DAR, as it has been dubbed, seemingly resembles an American depository receipt, a lesser-known, yet well-established investment vehicle that allows American investors to own foreign stocks that don’t trade on U.S.-based exchanges.

In an unexpected revelation, Coinbase, along with PolyChain Capital, Circle, and other U.S.-based crypto-focused startups, revealed that they had joined hands to create the so-called “Blockchain Association.” As per a Medium post released by the recently-established consortium, the Blockchain Association is set to be a Washington-based “non-profit trade association” that will hopefully appeal to regulators based in America’s capital city.

n the context of cryptocurrencies, the crypto assets allocated to DARs will be held by a custodian, while the Depository Trust & Clearing Corp, a Wall Street clearing and settlement service, will provide an extra layer of trust and verification for individuals that invested capital to this newfangled vehicle

www.newsbtc.com...

Good news, and bad news.

Apprehensive about derivatives(financial crisis).

Lobbying.

I think the era of no mans land might finally be over.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Its slow but tryin to hit my target from a year ago almost a year.....way on down some more from 6500......4764.00
Fibo ratio elliott wave Analyses

Thats the penultimate major wave 5 a child could spot in the price action
edit on 16-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: In the FINE TEXAS TRADITION!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Coinbase has upped their platform.

They now offer a crypto bundle with one purchase.

And they've raised their default limits.

Today we’re announcing immediate trading and significantly higher default limits for Coinbase accounts. Starting today, we are rolling out the ability to trade cryptocurrency immediately after a purchase — no more waiting five days for funds to settle. Most customers will also see their trading limits increased to $25,000 per day. This functionality will be available for US customers over the next few weeks.

blog.coinbase.com...

With this update, customers will receive an immediate credit for the funds being sent from their bank account. They can then buy and sell crypto to and from their USD wallet right away, but cannot send their funds off the Coinbase platform until the funds coming from their bank have settled.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

All social media platforms are abuzz with a possible Ripple XRP mega breakout price by the end of the year and due to xRapid. One argument is that if XRP went to $3.82 earlier on in the year based on a rumor that Coinbase will list it, then with xRapid – which is a guarantee – the value of the digital asset could see higher levels than those seen in January. Read more at globalcoinreport.com...

Ripple megabreakout

Who knows for sure?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Watching XRP overtake ETH in market cap is crazy. Didnt think it would happen this soon.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Watching XRP overtake ETH in market cap is crazy. Didnt think it would happen this soon.

Yeah Ripple is now # 2.

A sea of green could be observed through the entire cryptocurrency market as it gained upwards of $20 billion overnight. Ripple (XRP) is amid the forerunners of today’s rally, marking an increase of more than 45 percent for the day.

bitcoinist.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's going to be interesting to see what a crypto with a multi billion coin supply can do price wise.

Compared to coins with smaller supplies.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join