It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's exactly right.

It's hard for me to get excited about new coins these days.

I'm going to hold what I have for now and wait on main-net launches and product introductions that are supposed to be making headway this year.

I don't expect to see a return on investment for a while.

I'm operating at a negative balance on most of my coin selections, but then again, so is everyone else.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Looks like I might get in under my price target (Under $11) for $GBTC.

My deposit may clear tomorrow, might not.

It's doubtful that bitcoin will rally over the weekend.

Come Monday.

Gonna git er done.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'm operating at a negative balance on most of my coin selections, but then again, so is everyone else.

Yep, and since nobody's in a hurry to lose MORE money, you won't see smaller investors buying much of anything, until something changes.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
ELA about to moon last warning, good luck.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Really didn't think it would get much lower....

Holy crap!

BTC under 7000
LTC under 120
BCH under 700
XRP at 50 cents
ETH under 400

Yikes...crash, crash city.

But today,

BTC at 6616
LTC at 113
BCH at 606
XRP at 46 cents
ETH at 368

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

ELA about to moon last warning, good luck.

One of those that is at least in the plus category this morning.

But, it was around $93 in Feb, now at $26, doubt it will go back up to that high mark any day soon.

edit on 6-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
But what about my 4100 target?.....on a spiky maybe ....Bitcoin
edit on 6-4-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

sold 1150 and 1160 13 times
edit on 6-4-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

George Soros called cryptocurrencies a bubble in January. Now his $26 billion family office is planning to trade digital assets.

Damn

I'd prefer this # not.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So according to ATS market sentiment the declining triangle could breakout for another 10% rally between Bitcoin 4000 and 5000? Market sentiment is hard to predict without personal bias, you have to call the geek trading base. The big Bitcoin seeding capital was either delayed or is now non existent as we didn't see the double bottom protected a couple weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The cryptocurrency industry has always attracted speculators and market makers. Institutional investors have not shown much of an interest in Bitcoin until very recently. Slowly but surely, the tide will turn in favor of all cryptocurrencies. Financial moguls, including George Soros, the Rothschild family, and others, now have their sights set on Bitcoin. It makes for an interesting development, albeit the potential impact has yet to be determined.

Hmmm

My take on this is.

Those ultra one percenters don't bet on losers.

The good thing.

They are rich enough to pump bitcoin.

The bad thing.

They are rich enough to dump bitcoin.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
While they COULD do such a thing (and may even experiment with it for a bit to just make a few extra million in day trading)...if they are dipping their feet into it, it's likely more for the long term. Again, as you said, they don't often pick losers. So, it's both a good and bad sign.

So according to ATS market sentiment the declining triangle could breakout for another 10% rally between Bitcoin 4000 and 5000?

Personally I doubt it will go below 5000 (but then again, I didn't think it'd be where it is now either)...but IF it does, I'd expect far more than a 10% increase a month or two later. In fact, I'd think the daily fluctuations of it (at that price range) would likely be + or - closer to 20% (at least the teens). (and if you had a lot of money to play with, you could drastically increase it, if not too averse to the risk). With us smaller investors though, it's going to just be a time to HODL tight.
edit on 9-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
yep, HODL or go play oil during the London Opens......THE FLOOR.......is measured historically by MACRO at the broken structure at 1750......not really zero....it's that extreme algoryth sqiggle .....that 4100 has the correction ratio on the free Elliott Wave spread sheet from my buddy....Ian Copsey at harmonic elliott wave blogspot

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Saw an interesting article today about Bitcoin....

I still have all the Bitcoins I bought in 2013.

And a few more of them.
I never sold at 261 USD, 1250 USD or 19000 USD.

Why?
Because I am not one of those “Buy a Bitcoin today and be rich tomorrow” guys, who use Bitcoin purely for speculation.

I bought Bitcoin in 2013 because I liked the idea of having full control over MY ASSETS without anybody being able to take it from me.

No (central) bank who would lower the value by inflation. (See how much $100 bought you 10 years ago and how much it buys you now?) Real estate, stocks, rare cars, art and watches didn’t suddenly get more expensive. It’s the equivalent fiat currency value that went downhill.

No government who would take it from me by taxation or legislation. (Remember Greece and Cyprus? Or the confiscation of Gold, back in the days?)

An easily transferable asset and securely storable asset like Bitcoin (try storing or transferring gold bars in large amounts) is worth A LOT MORE than what price is currently indication.

And over the long term, price will always adjust to value.

But in a society where everybody grew up believing in a colorfully printed piece of paper, it will take a bit longer until people understand that having full control over their own money is priceless. And thats what Bitcoin will be in a few years from now.

That’s why I still own Bitcoin and probably will for a long time.

It's an interesting perspective on it. Of course, the author failed to point out that these same entities could all decide to outlaw it too. But, it's still an interesting point of view, I thought.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Really didn't think it would get much lower....

Holy crap!

BTC under 7000
LTC under 120
BCH under 700
XRP at 50 cents
ETH under 400

Yikes...crash, crash city.

But today,

BTC at 6616
LTC at 113
BCH at 606
XRP at 46 cents
ETH at 368

lol it jumped 6 bucks exatly when i said it would go up and now it is a main contender.

Did you get any yet? I loaded up and trippled my stack at 27!

yum yum yum

on the first spike i sold some back for some neo to add to that stack

ETA:

actually jumped 13 dollars and climbing
edit on 10-4-2018 by JosephKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I smell FOMO!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht
I smell FOMO!

LOL doubled my portfolio during bear market due to NEO, ONT, ELA and # coins!

YOu guys sitting there waiting for your white papes to go up in value.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
No doubt you can make money in day trading, but you can also lose a ton too...and unless you convert it right then, the gain/loss is pretty arbitrary.

Just two different strategies.

If you have a lot of money, and don't mind the risk, you can make a killing in day trading these...

But, if you are a small investor, a more long term approach of speculative investment doesn't seem to be such a bad idea.

Both have their ups and downs. Just a matter of which appeals to you.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Did you get any yet? I loaded up and trippled my stack at 27!

At 33 now, so another $6. Almost all are heading back up, for now.

I think I'm going to jump into the $GBTC stock though too. A buddy of mine just sunk about 8k into it, and he consistently makes about twice what he puts in, each year. Of course, I can't do that kind of change, lol... (didn't even know he could).
I cautioned him about eggs and baskets, but.....

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In Ripple news (the coin that started this thread)...

www.cnbc.com...

Ripple, which owns about 60 billion of the 100 billion ripple, or XRP, tokens created, said Wednesday that it would invest $25 million into the fund, created by Blockchain Capital, a venture capital firm dedicated to blockchain tech.

Granted, I don't have too much Ripple above the reserve at this point (I sold most when it was at a buck fifty (now at about 50 cents, so I don't feel bad).
edit on 11-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Much better day today for crypto. All are up about 10%, some 20%.

If my buddy that bought the $GBTC stock yesterday, sold today, he'd clear about $900 in profit. Just for the damn day. Must be nice to have that kind of money to throw around....lol.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join