It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You are just mad at me for proving you wrong earlier in the thread

You did no such thing. Faucet sites might have been a thing some time ago, but they are largely ad scams now and generally function like a pyramid scheme.

All you're doing is showing how unethical you are.

I called it a scam because the tactics YOU have used to promote without promoting your ad scam pyramid scheme(trying to hook ATS members)are tactics that are well known.

Now you're talking about how great pump-n-dump teams are. Probably because you're in one of them too.

Now, THIS will be my last response to you.
edit on 18 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

OK, in the last 2 days, it looks like the equivalent of $260 Billion US has been wiped from cryptocurrency value due to massive sell-off.

The trend may continue indefinitely. There is no particular control in place to prevent cryptocurrencies from becoming worth only a string of alphanumeric characters on their owners screens and nothing more.

Anyone who is in any cryptocurrency for the long term is taking incredible risk!

The announcement of the Intel 49 qbit quantum processor "Tangle Lake" and the neuromorphic chip "Loihi" at CES 2018 (two weeks ago) might well be a factor.

edit on 18/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You did no such thing. Faucet sites might have been a thing some time ago, but they are largely ad scams now and generally function like a pyramid scheme.

I called it a scam because the tactics YOU have used to promote without promoting your ad scam pyramid scheme(trying to hook ATS members)are tactics that are well known.

Now you're talking about how great pump-n-dump teams are. Probably because you're in one of them too.

I thought you were ignoring me from here on. Get to it.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Wtf are you talking about my ad scheme like I own the damm faucet site? LOl get a grip bro.

I posted 1 link to a ripple faucet 17 pages deep in a thread and you say im sacmming atsers LMAO

edit on 18-1-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

OK, in the last 2 days, it looks like the equivalent of $260 Billion US has been wiped from cryptocurrency value due to massive sell-off.

Well, to be fair, a lot of it wasn't even THERE prior to December...

As for quantum computers, I think we have a bit of time before that's really a mainstream worry....(and some currencies already have quantum defenses in place, if not planned for).

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

They could have used equipment from the Bletchley Park days for all we know, so why would they suddenly admit having faster cracking hardware than is commercially available?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The announcement of the Intel 49 qbit quantum processor "Tangle Lake" and the neuromorphic chip "Loihi" at CES 2018 (two weeks ago) might well be a factor.

There would have to be wide adoption of the technology before making any impact IMO.

After a saturation point has been reached then we'd see it effect cryptos.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Well, to be fair, a lot of it wasn't even THERE prior to December...

As for quantum computers, I think we have a bit of time before that's really a mainstream worry....(and some currencies already have quantum defenses in place, if not planned for).

There are still technical hurdles in regard to making it affordable and working at room temperature, but I strongly believe that retail versions of basic quantum co-processors (probably expensive because of cryo-cooling?) are likely to begin to ship later this year.

To give you an idea, a conventional 64 bit computer can apply an operation to a number space of 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. A 49 qbit Quantum computer has a number space of 316,912,650,057,057,350,374,175,801,344, which gives it 17,179,869,184 times the number space of the 64 bit conventional CPU (that's 17 thousand US billion times the number space). Because quantum computers use 4 states for each qbit, each Quantum operation represents 1/16th of a single binary operation in a system of similar clock speed (probably not actually comparable in that way because operations are actually quite different). The summary, though, is that Quantum processing, on even a meager QCPU, represents sci-fi processing power compared to what we have now.

The tech exists right now and the first companies to market will have enormous advantage, as will early adopters. IBM, Intel, The University of NSW, Google and who knows who else already have working models. It is no longer speculative.

I am already learning to code using Microsoft's Q# language and Quantum programming extensions to Visual Studio, which were released last year.

Probably all crypto will be negatively affected, not just currency. All encryption and security will all have to be completely revised because cracking will be fast and trivial (not taking super-computers millions of years as it does now).

Once the dam breaks, the flood will come.

edit on 18/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The earliest estimates for quantum supremacy is 2027. Barring something truly ground-breaking, I don't see scaled commercial sales of quantum processors for anything other than research until at least 2030. Certainly not before quantum supremacy can be reached.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

The earliest estimates for quantum supremacy is 2027. Barring something truly ground-breaking, I don't see scaled commercial sales of quantum processors for anything other than research until at least 2030. Certainly not before quantum supremacy can be reached.

Quantum supremacy was calculated to be at 50 qbits but since IBM has now simulated 56 qbits, quantum supremacy would have to be something greater than that.

Which is only 7 more qbits, not that big a step but retail quantum computation does not require supremacy over the bleeding edge.

edit on 19/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There's a reason the handful of existing quantum computers are millions of dollars. I don't see that being at your local Best Buy anytime soon, or anything really even resembling it.

All the same though, the industry is well aware of this upcoming problem, and you can bet that the more premier currencies are well into how they will offer protections for it. In addition, some existing ones were designed with this in mind.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
LOl i had never even heard of a pump and dump group until project mentioned it here.

Who is spreading unethical shi to Atsers?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The trend may continue indefinitely. There is no particular control in place to prevent cryptocurrencies from becoming worth only a string of alphanumeric characters on their owners screens and nothing more.

Anyone who is in any cryptocurrency for the long term is taking incredible risk!

Very smart people believe quantum computing can't scale. Right now they require error correction to scale, and it all depends on whether error levels will be physically below a necessary threshold to allow for scaling, if not it will be physically impossible to scale.quantum error correction needs

Many of the current lot of so-called quantum computers are not 'real' quantum computers. A large scale real quantum computer may or may not be physically possible. I believe the creator of mathematica is one of those who believe it to be very unlikely to be possible.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Many of the current lot of so-called quantum computers are not 'real' quantum computers.

Yeah, still some debate there, but even still, they didn't drop 15 million for nothing, hehe....

The other issue....COOLING the damn things. I think I read where it has to be kept not only very, very cold, but also at a consistent temperature. The nanofridges needed for even a commercially viable one are supposedly still about a decade off, so.....

Very smart people believe quantum computing can't scale.

Eventually, everything scales....just a matter of time...

edit on 19-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Quantum supremacy isn't just about number of qbits or whether it can outperform a Cray. Coherence is also necessary for supremacy.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
VeChain and ICX are murdering it.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm developing my own trading-bot platform (not planning on selling it, just for myself to use). So far I've got the framework done and working, have it linked via API to my Poloniex account, by default I have it download the top 20 ranked coins (can manually add more as required) and it'll get prices/growth stats/candles as per the 7 available timers - timer 1 being set to 30 seconds, timer 2 set to 2 minutes, 3 set to 5 minutes, etc (all manually adjustable from seconds up to days).

I'm still ironing out the buy/sell algorithms - but essentially I'm working towards a very short term/micro transaction based algorithm where it might complete up to 30-50 transactions within a day (buying/selling between BTC/Alt) - each profit margin being quite small, but in total adding up to around 5-10% by the end of the day. I'm pretty close to achieving it however still work to be done on working out when to trigger sales for the few positions that fall through the cracks and continue to drop, as they can easily off-set the profits made back into the red if sold too early or too late. It's a fine-line I've been struggling with to find the right balance (especially tough with the current sell-off situation), but still optimistic the platform can turn a profit overall.

Prior to this I've had no experience in any trading so it's been a fun experience if nothing else, and it's certainly improved on my (still newly acquired) coding abilities.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So many cryptos.

So little money to invest

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

What's your take on trading bots ?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What's your take on trading bots ?

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on Profit Trailer.

profittrailer.com...

Need someone to talk me out of it.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join