It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

If i were building a mining rig.

I would not use a 170,270,370 chipset.

I'd go with intels x series chipsets.

Nor would I go with a celeron processor.

You'd want full x16 bandwith, and a processor to make full use of 40+ pcie lanes.

170-370 would be bandwidth bottlenecked.

And be using less than the x8 speed the two cards would function at.

It wouldn't be surprising if those cards are only working at x1 speed.

For mining I think 1x pcie is enough. Think that's what miner pcie risers give.

At least in the states the 1070 can be had at best buy for 400-500~. They price match their own online site, if I'm not mistaken.

Properly configured 1070 does around up to 30~Mh/s ether + around 300+ Mh/s sia. That's 130$ of ether and 8.4$ sia with dual mining at the same time. What to mine shows there are other more profitable coins for this card, current top output would be around 180$ crypto generation for the most profitable algorithm.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Properly configured 1070 does around up to 30~Mh/s ether + around 300+ Mh/s sia. That's 130$ of ether and 8.4$ sia with dual mining at the same time.

I saw that in Claymore miner.

Best buy's out of stock too.
edit on 15-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Properly configured 1070 does around up to 30~Mh/s ether + around 300+ Mh/s sia. That's 130$ of ether and 8.4$ sia with dual mining at the same time.

I saw that in Claymore miner.

Best buy's out of stock too.

Online. But they get some from time to time if you check physical stores around.

Though, I think nvidia will put out new cards sometime this year. Not sure exact date. Also depends on memory of the new cards, the 1080s are handicapped by their memory, so depending on the memory characteristics, the new cards may or may not live up to the potential for new cards.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Their prices for what's already out is outrageous.

I'd hate to see the price for new cards.

We're sorry. This item is not available for pickup within 250 miles

www.bestbuy.com...
edit on 15-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hey project,

I just moved a small amount of ethereum to binance to look at maybe buying a few shares of TRX. After examining the latest news on Tron, I think I might pass, but I am not sure yet.

After looking into the latest stories and articles, it seems his team has exaggerated his company deals and has made blunder after blunder. This is from multiple sources.

I really am up in the air about it and would really like your no BS assessment of what you think about TRX's ability to sustain a working model after these new findings.

ETA: By the way, I am not trying to put you on the spot or anything. I know you have supported TRX and the market is super risky. My gut says buy at .07, but my brain says otherwise.
edit on 16-1-2018 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I wouldn't say I've supported TRX. It may be just a #coin with a lot of hype. That would be unfortunate for them, mostly. I don't have a whole lot of tron so my exposure is minimal.

The best ones out there seem to be Ethereum, VeChain, Neo, IOTA and XRP. All of these are on my long term hold portfolio.

Tron is hold until further notice.
edit on 16 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The market is in a hell of a frenzy at the moment.

Hard to believe South Korea can have this much of an impact. I wish I had more money to buy while everything is tanking.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hell yeah. This is a straight up crash.

The overall market lost 200 billion.

Interesting.

There are 3 coins right now doing well. Gas, BitConnect, and TetherUSD.

BitConnect is a scam so I'm not surprised by this.

Tether is literally tethered to the US Dollar.

Gas is part of the Neo Smart Economy network.

Who knows man. Seems like things are going back to pre-run valuations.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Wait for a bottom.

This could go lower.

In this market, it is very much like the 1920s when even a small rumor could make or break entire sectors of an economy. It is unregulated, pumping and dumping is unenforceable, insider trading is unenforceable(Lookin' at you LiteCoin/Coinbase).

I think the market is generally worried about confidence.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ethereum is making a strong come back. It hit the $1000 Mark for a few seconds.

These fluctuations are crazy.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I wonder how much of this has to do with shorting contracts.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

This is also a response to regulatory moves.

The fact is, the great culling may actually occur. There's been a lot of shady crap in this market with junk coins, fraud, Ponzi schemes, insider trading, and straight-up theft. All of the crypto personalities want to do is bitch about regulation, meanwhile, they foster an environment where confidence cannot be fostered in the market.

Every day some new # comes out. No one is actually investing in technologies and coins that will do something to improve the lives of people as we move toward an increasingly automated economy. They're looking for something to "moonshot" and their definition of holding is a few hours.

This market is crazy. But this isn't the first time stupidity like this has been seen. Eventually things will return to normal and CoinMarketCap will have a few hundred fewer coins listed.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I wonder how much of this has to do with shorting contracts.

In Bitcoin in particular?

I'd say a lot. A whole new market was created, essentially overnight, by a few Wall St. banks(Goldman). Now they get to play in an unregulated market and pick the winners and losers.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I think there are other currencies that can be shorted but yes, Bitcoin. It's the lynchpin of the market.

If we see a sharp rise back to or above ATHs, that may be a strong indicated of being in a highly manipulated market.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

At first, I was indifferent toward Wall St. joining the crypto game. But if we read into this pretty steep retraction, it looks exactly like the market manipulation Goldman and others were engaged in prior to the crash of 2008- and immediately thereafter, they went on a buying spree.

The took massive profits during that crash, and immediately thereafter they started buying. They bought billion dollar industries for pennies on the dollar. You have to wonder if that is what's happening here.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Good observation. If correct, we would do well to pay attention to what gets bought.

So what's the goal for getting new money in? Media hype? U.S. tax returns? FOMO?

Or is the plan to kill it while making money all the way down?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This is also a response to regulatory moves.

The fact is, the great culling may actually occur. There's been a lot of shady crap in this market with junk coins, fraud, Ponzi schemes, insider trading, and straight-up theft. All of the crypto personalities want to do is bitch about regulation, meanwhile, they foster an environment where confidence cannot be fostered in the market.

Every day some new # comes out. No one is actually investing in technologies and coins that will do something to improve the lives of people as we move toward an increasingly automated economy. They're looking for something to "moonshot" and their definition of holding is a few hours.

This market is crazy. But this isn't the first time stupidity like this has been seen. Eventually things will return to normal and CoinMarketCap will have a few hundred fewer coins listed.

I am starting to think that SK has some shady leaders getting really rich off of their "regulatory" and "banning" statements.

To me, insider trading from the highest officials in the government doesn't seem to far fetched.

I am thinking that there will be a statement coming out soon, a day or two, saying that the decision will be tabled or rescinded, just to pump the market back up so the whales can sell at an enormous profit.

Time will tell

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

There's a limit to making money on a downside. Regardless of how crafty your bot may be.

But there isn't much of a downside to spiking markets. Look at Dow, what justifies 25k+?

What changed between 2008 and 2018?

Technology has changed drastically, and crypto is an example of a new economy that I believe is essential to the survival of regular people in the future as robots and automated systems take all the jobs. But the dinosaur system, based on the labor of people is fighting this quite a bit. Everyone knows it's happening, only a few a staking a real claim. I think companies like Goldman Sachs are trying to find a way to survive in that new reality as much as anyone else.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

SK certainly does have a lopsided effect on the cryptocurrency market. Their government seems just as much at a loss of how to deal with it as the US and EU.

Russia seems to be warming up to crypto. Same with others in less economically fortunate lands.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It'll be under $1 before long and bitcoin will be $100 - $180.

Mark my words Ripple is dead and most of the other cryptos will be too.

Bitcoin is really useless too, slow and expensive per transaction.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join