It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were all focused on BTC

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Check this out.

Gonna have to get one of these cards.
edit on 3 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Smartest thing I have done this week is buy XLM and increasing my stake in XRP.

As a late comer to ADA haven't really gained that much.

But still

My blockfolio is up +16.27 overall.
edit on 3-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The cryptocurrency market is overbought right now. Almost every single coin is at or near all time highs with many several hundred to thousands of percents higher than they were in November. If you're thinking of pile jumping you're putting yourself at risk.

It's best to let this frenzy that started around December 10th to cool off before investing. There are a lot of people on YouTube giving bad advice based on short-term technical analysis. For a true investment, not a swing trade or a day trade, you need to be looking at the 3 - 6 month charts. Anyone who knows even baseline technical analysis will know to stay away from just about every cryptocurrency until profits are taken and a real buying opportunity presents itself.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't think so.

The crypto market is 300 billion shy of a trillion dollar market cap.

And it's got major room to play.

I expect it to double in the next 24 months.

It's been mainstreamed.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not to mention major partnerships, adoptions, and technology expansion news that is coming just in the first quarter.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tenbatsu

There is a lot of hype. The people who are trying to pump and dump various coins are gonna get hosed eventually because most of the coins they are pumping are generally worthless even from a concept/tech perspective.

PotCoin comes to mind. Same with TRX.

The coins I hold have value outside of the exchange, solve real problems, and are selling something other than cryptocoin ideology.

There is a lot of value in crypto. But like any investment, if you don’t read the prospectus you’re just going in blind.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I new to all of this, do you have a specific place I can go to start learning? Or maybe some good ones to start looking into?
I'm sure I can just start googling my heart out, but with the huge amount of different Crypto Currencies, it would take me decades.

I want to learn about all of this.I find it very interesting to say the least.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

2 Ripple $124,204,671,426 $3.21 $5,991,090,000 38,739,144,847 XRP * 34.58%

Just so I can check tomorrow.

It's half of bitcoin now.

Think it was below 90 just yesterday.

coinmarketcap.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ProjectedLogic

My suggestions are to Wikipedia cryptocurrency to get a basic understanding of the technology, and then follow some of the more successful investors, rather than taking their investment advice, google the coins they're invested in and read the whitepapers and roadmaps(both are commonly used terms for cryptocoins). See if those currencies are solving problems or just simply existing.

Stay away from Crypto Religion. That means stay away from coins and coin investors who are only interested in the ideologies that created cryptocurrencies. That will only drag investment down and it is also slowing the adoption rate in some instances by larger corporations.

My GUIDELINES for cryptocurrencies:

The currency and its underlying technology MUST solve a problem that provides value.

It must be scalable (Google term)

It must be consistent, stable, and fast

It must be quantum resistant (Google term) or have the capability of becoming quantum resistant.

There are over 1200 crypto coins out there. Maybe 10 or 12 of them will make it in a world of quantum supremacy(Google term). Choose wisely. Many of them are Pump and Dumps(google term) Stay away from those unless day trading is your thing and you really think you can make some money. I caution you, however, most people in the day trading game don't do that well and many lose tons of money because of the current volatility in the market. This is why holding is important for cryptos. They are a currency, not a stock. If you treat a currency like a stock it will NEVER perform for you.

I do NOT give out investment advice. Not interested in pumping markets. Not interested in "moonshot" garbage.

I am interested in using XRP as a currency. I am interested in an interconnected economy that uses IOTA for IoT(google term) service transactions thereby doing away with garbage ideas like the constantly pushed "Universal Basic Income" or UBI.

There is more than one kind of blockchain right now. IOTA uses Tangle instead of blockchain. Tangle is a very different platform based on a directed acyclic graph. Blockchain is, well, chained blocks(in terms of structure). There are good reasons to get into crypto. There are bad reasons.

Take the time to understand the technology first(no, you don't have to be a programmer), and then dip a toe in.

The reason day traders don't typically do well is that they're treating crypto like any other stock or currency trade without caring at all about what the tech under the hood does. If you wanna be a trader, stick to stocks and regular currencies. Trying to day trade cryptocoins while reading whitepapers will end your interest and probably destroy your wallet.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You're missing the most important aspect of cryptocurrencies: government resistant and completely decentralized. Governments are more of a threat than quantum computers are in the short-term. While quantum resistant algorithms can be implemented avoiding government interference will not be so easy.

Newer ICOs have been shunning the mining system and instead implementing faucets and centralized means of the initial distribution of coins to early adopters which has lead to a handful of people having undue power of their coins and the ability to manipulate the price at will (XRP being one of them). We're also seeing this currently with multiple coins that have exploded recently. These types of coins are not healthy for the future of the technology. Once this technology matures I hope to see cryptocurrencies that take a privacy first stance along with a transparent, open-source and decentralized architecture win the day.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

(XRP being one of them).

That's not how it works.

Right now the market cap is in equilibrium with XRP total supply. In a day or so market cap will have well outstripped total supply for XRP. Regardless, the vast majority of XRP sits locked in escrow and its disbursement tightly controlled. It is not inflationary, but instead deflationary as every transaction burns XRP.

Once again, this is an example of ideology investors who are more concerned with FUD than fact. You will NEVER get rid of government wanting a stake in this. NEVER.

Invest in reality not ideology, good sir or ma'am.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I don't invest in cryptocurrencies but I have been trading the stock market since 2008 and I am well versed with technical analysis. I also don't always believe what companies say at face value as the negatives are never brought to light until it's far too late. I have no stake in the crypto game but have done research into the matter as I like to make money as much as anyone else. If anyone is trading on ideology it's you as you have stated your ideology above and are currently well invested. We disagree on the forward progression of the technology and that's really it.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ripple Climbs Past $3, Hits All-New High

Why is this happening Forbes?

Forbes: "Well let me tell you why projectvxn."

Sustained Momentum

Key Developments

Coinbase Rumors

Ok Forbes, Thanks!

Sustained momentum means that XRP is at the forefront of the bull market in cryptocurrency.

Key Developments:

Santander, American Express, partnering with XRP for cross-border transactions.

There is also more to it, like the fact that XRP can and has been used as currency(see video above), and massive demand for alternatives to legacy-currency that is vulnerable to warfare and other major political disasters(this is why Asia is so big on XRP).

XRP also addresses problems that bitcoin outright ignores. XRP has a very different focus. It is crypto for the mainstream and that is a good thing.

Coinbase Rumors:

This is very well supported, but no confirmation, either way, has been made. Ripple Labs tends to be very tight-lipped with respect to making announcements their clients may not be comfortable with until they are ready. This applies to Coinbase as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Every single forum I go on now - doesn't matter what that forum is about - is being taken over by cryptocurrency threads, and you know what - everyone's an expert investor. Or is that a shoeshine boy?

The best thread I just read is someone who is saying it's not a bubble, but he's created some software and it shows a definite correlation between increased hype and increasing "value".

As for Ripple it will never be adopted by the banks, certainly not when the 2 guys behind it have kept 20% of the coins for themselves, and especially since the BoE and the Fed are planning to bring out their own crypto within 12 months.

Banks aren't going to use a 3rd party to process their transactions when it can be kept soley within the banking industry.

Finally blockchain has already been superceded - the blockchain is edisons phonograph, the newer technology will be the ipod shuffle.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What ideology?

I have attached no political ideology to this. I'm about the technology and the problems it solves. That practicality not ideology. Let's not conflate the two.

If your technical analysis is so spot on then why do I have to keep correcting your "facts" on how XRP works? Shouldn't you know that already since you've done so much research?

I also do not believe what companies say at face value. This is why it is important to thoroughly vet their technology development(white papers usually or GitHub development repositories), roadmap milestones achieved, what the company is doing; who they are doing it with; and rate of adoption.

XRP meets those conditions.

Anything else?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

As for Ripple it will never be adopted by the banks,

I keep hearing this and yet Ripple is still bringing on partners.

certainly not when the 2 guys behind it have kept 20% of the coins for themselves

Not how it works.

Fed are planning to bring out their own crypto within 12 months.

FedCoin isn't happening in 12 months CNBC

Banks aren't going to use a 3rd party to process their transactions when it can be kept soley within the banking industry.

Not how it works.

Finally blockchain has already been superceded - the blockchain is edisons phonograph, the newer technology will be the ipod shuffle.

Blockchain is still under development. The only other tech out there is Tangle. That tech drives IOTA. Blockchain is not obsolete. There are plenty of developers in blockchain looking at quantum resistance, interoperability, and modularity. Ripple Labs being one of them.

You should spend less time reading and spreading FUD and actually looking at these companies and currencies.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Coinbase Rumors

Hope it's more than rumors.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Ideology is not limited to politics. You're passionate about XRP but this thread is pushing people to buy XRP while the asset is clearly in overbought territory on every indicator. You may even lead to people lose money as most retail investors do not know how to emotionally handle being in the red.

This thread reads like an advertisement and should probably be reported.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tenbatsu

Ideology is not limited to politics. You're passionate about XRP but this thread is pushing people to buy XRP while the asset is clearly in overbought territory on every indicator. You may even lead to people lose money as most retail investors do not know how to emotionally handle being in the red.

This thread reads like an advertisement and should probably be reported.

Go ahead and report it then. No one is stopping you.

Looks to me like you're losing a technical argument and can't handle it.

Now you're accusing me of something(not sure what yet) and you wanna report it.

Go right the # ahead son.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGOAT

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: TheGOAT
Go look at the amount of XRP, now go look at the market cap.

Do some math and tell me what buying ripple is going to do for you? Answer = not much at this point.

What’s your point on market cap?

XRP has 90 billion dollar market cap. Second largest.

Are you talking about the supply locked in escrow?

If a large market cap was a problem then BTC would be worth 3 times less than xrp(respectively) at the moment. XRP has outperformed BTC because it is a liquidity vehicle.

Comparing XRP to any other crypto doesn’t really make sense.

What's my point about market cap? You have 1 Trillion Coins, you're $2.46 cents right now, and have 95 Billion of the market cap. You will have to take up the entire market cap of crypto to hit $20. This is the issue with newbs just jumping on something. Do some math first and research what you're getting into. Buying xrp at $2.45 is the same as buying BTC at 10K, or LTC at $150.

The marketcap reached 22 billion above supply.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join