It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump looks to cash in from NYE party – is it ethical? Expert: 'It looks like pay-to-play'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
it is unethical... and questions like this have been raised since before trump took office. for example, diplomats switching their reservations to trump hotels... escalating member fees for mar-a-lago... the whole thing is unprecedented shenanigans in the extreme.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

One would think that if you change your screen name that you would also change your writing style.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

I have no clue or interest about Rush's opinion, and why should I?

Why should/do you?

If you pay attention to most Trump supporters on ATS you'd realize the opposite of your current paradigm is true.

Anyone can find some idiot off the street/at a rally on either side of politics that supports some politician no matter what they do - these people don't mirror the thoughts of rational people.

Rush Limbaugh is an expert on American politics. I use him as a source from time to time because of his status as an expert, and because he is frequently correct about his claims.

Since Limbaugh said "Trump supporters don't care what he does or what he says", it was supported by polls to a great extent.

Poll: Vast majority of Trump voters say he should stay in office even if Russia collusion is proven
thehill.com...

Trump supporters are standing by their man – no matter what
www.theglobeandmail.com...

There is evidence that Trump supporters don't care what he does or what he says available every day. It's posted here and on other forums, it's posted on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter, and all over the Internet every day.

I have a lot of evidence to support my point of view.

originally posted by: fiverx313
it is unethical... and questions like this have been raised since before trump took office. for example, diplomats switching their reservations to trump hotels... escalating member fees for mar-a-lago... the whole thing is unprecedented shenanigans in the extreme.

It's amazing that Trumpers now claim that they care about what Trump does when their actions and words so clearly reveal that they don't care.

Trumpism is like Christianity. Trumpers only believe the things Trump says that they want to believe just like how Christians cherry pick from the Bible to create their own religion. Trumpers also call everyone outside of their group "corrupt" while they ignore the bad things being done within their group.

edit on 31-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Nobody's talking about what Hillary Clinton did anymore....

....You just did it.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Trumpism is like Christianity....

Kind of right. Trump can't multiply the bread and fish but he certainly will expulse all the demons in the government.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Trump is doing nothing but making government more swampy than it was.

Hell, his secretary of state is an ExxonMobil CEO is it any wonder they undid the safeties put in place to prevent another disaster like the BP spill.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Trumpism is like Christianity....

Kind of right. Trump can't multiply the bread and fish but he certainly will expulse all the demons in the government.

With any luck, he'll sacrifice himself for our sins.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I always thought "pay to win" was lame, but this seems to be the even lamer "pay to pay" version of oligarchy tabledance in legal loopholes.

Also, Red Velvet Rope for President!
edit on 31-12-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reading the article and trying to ignore the spin im actually surprised the prices barely went up since the previous time he held his yearly new years eve party. i just dont understand what people expect. should he suddenly not use any of the things hes acquired over his lifetime because there is now more of a draw since hes president? should he have to shut his business's down and disown himself from his entire past to make people happy? its just unreasonable. at the same time weve had politicians charging thousands of dollars for a plate of cheap food for fund raisers so people can have access to them and try to get some influence and push their agenda forward. you also dont hear them disclosing who they have contacts with on a daily basis. remember when someone proposed that politicians wear logos on their suits that show who is lobbying each one of them with $$$? didnt hear any politicians pushing for that one bit before trump. its all par for the course the only difference is trump owns the venue and on top of that it even states that their is restricted access to him and a special vip area presumably for him. so wait, they claim they are worried about all these contacts having willy nilly access to trump, which btw isnt a bad thing or an illegal thing, just a thing, but at the same time bring up how theyve taken measures to prevent access to trump....
edit on 31-12-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I agree that he needs to be very careful to not appear improper, even if its not illegal.

But this OP is a spin on facts like nothing ive seen this year. Ignoring and failing to mention that it isnt illegal makes it look very dishonest.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is no different than the hundreds of $1000 plate fund raising events that politicians from ALL parties participate in all year long, including Presidents current, past, and future.

And since you keep harping on it, I hate to be the one to point it out to you that "collusion" with anybody is not a crime. And almost two years whining about it and investigating it and still butkus. Go scream at the sky and maybe you will feel better.
edit on 1/1/2018 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just about every president in my lifetime left office richer than when they entered office.

Also, only 750 a plate that's nothing compared to some I've read about.

So why exactly should I be outraged here?
edit on 1-1-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
This is no different than the hundreds of $1000 plate fund raising events that politicians from ALL parties participate in all year long, including Presidents current, past, and future.

There is no similarity at all except that Trump could use the money he earned at the New Year's party for his next campaign. If you're comparing campaign fund raising to Trump's dinner, then it's all completely different.

After disappointing performances in the Iowa and New Hampshire Caucuses, Republican presidential candidates Chris Christie and Carly Fiorina have already called off their campaigns. This weekend, former Florida governor Jeb Bush also decided to bow out. But what happens to all the leftover campaign funds—Bush had raised more than $150 million, the most of any GOP candidate—when the low-polling candidates drop out?

One thing's for sure: Upset candidates can't console themselves by putting the dough toward a new yacht and sailing off to recuperate. The Federal Election Commission has strict rules about what federal candidates can and can't do with leftover campaign money, and the biggest directive is that they can't pocket it for personal use.
mentalfloss.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You are working your way to the top spot in the list of butt hurt anti-twumpers, OP.
Keep up the amusing work.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Camp David ain't his style, why should he be forced to use it?

From your article:

Then there is the issue of Trump Organization branding. The Palm Beach Post has reported that the Trump corporate helicopter has been sitting on the Mar-a-Lago helipad – a helipad that was built, and only supposed to be used for, presidential business.

Impeach!
He parked a helicopter on sacred ground!!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

My thought: if its my property, ill park my stuff on it as i see fit.

If Uncle Sam is paying a lease for the helipad then i wouldnt use it. But i assume mar a lago is a corporation, which means its operator has a fiduciary responsibility to investors and partners.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

No it is not. Both event types offer access to candidates or sitting politicians. Both events raise money that can be used for campaigns. The big difference is that one is offered thru a corporate entity and the other thru the flag of an official political party...no difference so get over it

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

This is the kind of thinking that has led to the problems that Papadopoulos, Flynn, Gates, and Manafort have had. I'm sure there will be more such cases surrounding Trump.

The law is clear, but you want to argue it's "semantics" or something like that. I can't argue with that kind of logic.
edit on 1-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The law is anything but clear. Since not intending to break the law seems to give a free pass for violating national security (if your surname is Clinton, anyway)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hundreds of dollars is hardly money for billionaires.

<< 1    3 >>

join