It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump looks to cash in from NYE party – is it ethical? Expert: 'It looks like pay-to-play'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

“He can easily be contacted by members of Mar-a-Lago, so people who pay him or pay his company money are getting preferential access. If you go to the bar, you run into prominent government officials. So it’s lobbying, but it’s not lobbying that’s going to be disclosed under the Lobbying Disclosure Act.”

Over Thanksgiving, club staff placed a red velvet rope around the table where Trump and his immediate family sit for dinner. Officials told CNN the measures were enacted for security reasons but also to restrict access to visitors looking to give advice or seek favors.
www.theguardian.com...

I already know the Trumpist mantras that will be used here.

"This is nothing compared to what Clinton did."

"This isn't illegal. Do you realize what Clinton did?"

"Liberals nitpick Trump, but they never talk about what Clinton did."

Nobody's talking about what Hillary Clinton did anymore outside of Fox News and their fans because she is now just an ordinary civilian. Can anyone imagine if Obama had still been incessantly talking about Romney or McCain a year after he defeated them? His detractors would have said he belongs in a mental institution.

I love posting articles like this because it gives us all a chance to see just how much Trumpers care about corruption. They care about the corruption of everyone not involved with the Trump administration or Trump's campaigning.

They are so much worse than Obama supporters. Obama supporters believe Obama is innocent.

Trump supporters don't care if Trump is guilty. After all...

"Trump is better than Clinton."

edit on 31-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Innocent unless proven guilty. Bribery is against the law. If you can prove Trump took bribes from rich people, sure he would be impeached.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The election is over President Trump won. He is not a animal in a zoo. He will run into people, it's not a crime.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It's his resort.. I can't imagine what the crowd would be like if they didn't charge for admission. But yeah, $750 per person, what are they serving?!

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

I like how you didn't post the part about it NOT being illegal.

“It looks like pay-to-play, but the supreme court has interpreted our bribery statutes so narrowly that paying for access to a government official is not considered criminal bribery. So none of this is covered by criminal bribery statutes

From your link

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Right, and America needs a FOREIGN newspaper to report on an American president. Not.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I can't copy the whole article. I wrote that it's not illegal in the original post.

You forgot to mention that this is nothing compared to what Clinton did. I'm disappointed in you.

a reply to: AH1996

That's creative use of the genetic fallacy. The expert I quoted is an American (and a Republican).

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

Trump supporters don't care if Trump is guilty.

How is Trump guilty exactly?...because someone said something might look like something if you view it through a certain lense??

Come back to reality, your dream world has made you conveniently delusional.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Trump's friends are all billionaires. It's not like they are common folks. They pay Trump millions to reduce corporate tax rate.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
He's been attending this event for 20 yrs. and it's his resort, so I see nothing sinister here.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

It's his resort.. I can't imagine what the crowd would be like if they didn't charge for admission.

But yeah, $750 per person, what are they serving?!

I hear you get a glass of water Trump screamed at beforehand.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
How is Trump guilty exactly?...because someone said something might look like something if you view it through a certain lense??

Come back to reality, your dream world has made you conveniently delusional.

I'm talking about Trumpers admitting that they don't care if Trump's guilty.

On Russian collusion:

www.youtube.com...

On groping:

www.youtube.com...

RUSH: "Trump Supporters Don't Care What He Does Or What He Says"

Is Rush Limbaugh delusional too?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Why would Obama be talking about Romney. Romney said Russia was a problem and Obama said he's stuck in the cold war. Kind of hard to bring it up when you look a fool doing so.

Now what law is being broken?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You said "Guilt"...? Where is it? Point to it!

I won't post the excerpt from your own article in your own OP that states:

“It looks like pay-to-play, but the supreme court has interpreted our bribery statutes so narrowly that paying for access to a government official is not considered criminal bribery. So none of this is covered by criminal bribery statutes but it still looks absolutely terrible.”

Whoops!!!

So do you want to talk about actual facts and rule of law....or just how things look to you and others??

Your own source!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Billionaires pay Trump millions to reduce corporate tax rate. If this were China Trump would be behind bars. But this is America so.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The point I was making is that Trumpers generally don't care if Trump is guilty of anything. I never wrote what I was referring to specifically concerning his guilt.

I was claiming exactly what Rush Limbaugh says in the following video. Trump could be guilty of anything, and it won't matter to Trumpers (generally in my opinion).

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Wow, leftist desperation is hitting all time lows.

BREAKING NEWS - CLUB CHARGES ADMISSION TO NEW YEARS EVE PARTY

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

The point I was making is that Trumpers generally don't care if Trump is guilty of anything. I never wrote what I was referring to specifically concerning his guilt.

I was claiming exactly what Rush Limbaugh says in the following video. Trump could be guilty of anything, and it won't matter to Trumpers (generally in my opinion).

www.youtube.com...

That's your opinion. I'm a Trumper and I would vote out Trump in a jiffy if he is guilty of a crime.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AH1996

Of course it's my opinion, but it's also the opinion of Rush Limbaugh. I was looking for an answer to the following question:

Since Limbaugh said "Trump supporters don't care what he does or what he says", it was supported by polls to a great extent.

Poll: Vast majority of Trump voters say he should stay in office even if Russia collusion is proven
thehill.com...

Trump supporters are standing by their man – no matter what
www.theglobeandmail.com...

There is evidence that Trump supporters don't care what he does or what he says available every day. It's posted here and on other forums, it's posted on YouTube, on Facebook, on Twitter, and all over the Internet every day.

I have a lot of evidence to support my point of view.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I have no clue or interest about Rush's opinion, and why should I?

Why should/do you?

If you pay attention to most Trump supporters on ATS you'd realize the opposite of your current paradigm is true.

Anyone can find some idiot off the street/at a rally on either side of politics that supports some politician no matter what they do - these people don't mirror the thoughts of rational people.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join