It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to search for a certain topic if it's already been posted on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Starting a new thread that already has the same subject/topic would be pointless on ATS.I even can't seem to find where to locate to type it in to search for a subject and when I do it'll being websites unrelated to ATS.I only want the topic/subject that's on this website,not on other websites.Example,see the green magnifying glass symbol on the top right hand corner up above? That's what I've used a couple times in search for a certain topic I was looking for and when it popped up,it came up in other websites outside of ATS.I want to start a new thread that noone else has started yet that with a whole new topic in ATS that nobody has done,but to make sure noone else has covered it YET I want search for it on here.When I search for it,using that green magnifying glass symbol up above in the right hand corner,it'll give me a laundry lists of results on here,but they are on different websites and not on here.I want to know if my topic(s) are already covered on here.It's my first time being back on this website in 2 years and getting the swing of things.I need guidance.Basically I'm searching in the wrong box,area.

Dripper

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dripper

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

(coughs) ahem, if you can't find it, use your other favorite search engine instead.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Well in my experience the search function can be quite daunting.
Often, it will give you 10 pages of 'related' terms.
I have seen in the past that some folks are able to use a search engine and then add above top secret to the search and have had some success.
I would advise to just give it a try. The worst that can happen is someone to come along and link an already existing thread which then you could add to, perhaps.
Happy New Year and welcome back.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
just use google using 'subject site:abovetopsecret.com'.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Go to google, type in the search box: site:abovetopsecret.com, then your search term.

Works better than the search option on ATS a lot of times.

ETA: Beat me to it.
edit on 31-12-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

He/she tried that.😁

When I search for it,using that green magnifying glass symbol up above in the right hand corner,it'll give me a laundry lists of results on here,but they are on different websites and not on here

😉

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

When I search for it,using that green magnifying glass symbol up above in the right hand corner,it'll give me a laundry lists of results on here,but they are on different websites and not on here

Thats a screenshot, not a search result.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It was a silly response to Spacespider for screenshot of the green magnifying search tool.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

In the past as I recall or remember I could easily type something in the search box to see if a certain subject had already been discussed already on ATS or not,just on this website,not on another website.Rikkus and underwerks ideas seem to work just fine,but I need to know if a certain subject already exists on this website/server/ATS or not before I create a new thread.There has to be a way to find this out.

Like for example if I wanted to look up "time travel" per say before posting a new thread,I would first research it on here first making sure noone else hasn't created a new thread,which I'm sure they have already by now.There's no since in making another thread when there's already a thread opened.

Rikkus and underwerks are the using the long way around it.I want to use the short way around.I know I'm making things alot more complicated than what it seems,but trust me it's not! I just want to type it in,bam,there it is,a laundry list of the same topic being discussed all over ats in different threads,not different servers or websites.

I appreciate the welcome back and vice-versa on the Happy New Year (SSDY)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

your idea works,but what I'm trying to get at is something different.I replied back to Thunderbird as to exactly what I'm driving for.appreciate the help.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Considering I've copied a thread title word for word and not have it come up in the results, I have no clue

top topics

join