It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statitics suggest Islam will be the dominant religion in the next century.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

My money is on the Hindus to win, with a late Home run towards the end…lol

- JC

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

True. Unaffiliated has increased exponentially in the past decade. Be it higher education, access to more information or that there is less pressure from society to join religious groups the fact is more people are shying away from organized religion at a higher rate than ever before.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

a reply to: Hazardous1408

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

What does it matter to anyone what someone else decides to believe?

Spoken like a true narcissist.

Not that all the other narcissists here 'give a s***' what you care about either.

It appears you didn’t comprehend my actual point.

I’ll let you read it again to understand.

Who gives a sh*t???

Seriously...

Narcissistic personalty disorder...

"...concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others;"

It appears you are in a continuous loop of failure to understand my actual point.

Keep trying though.

Nobody expects narcissists to get it, because they don't give a s*** about others, only themselves.

Anymore posts down this pretend lane of ignorance will result in post removal.

Everyone talks aboot narcissism like it's some switch that's either ON/OFF in a person. It's a component of all humans, some more than others, from one (generally social) situation to the next.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You know what, intrptr, I actually really like you a lot...
& really admire your passion and resistance to the tide of groupthink...
For that reason I am willing to forgive you for your false accusation and repeated misrepresentation of my post.

And I’ll even go as far as to put you at ease, by explaining my actual point.

“Who gives a sh*t?”

This is another way of saying “what does it really matter which religion is “dominant” on Earth”, especially considering the lack of actual unity within each religious belief system.

Does that make sense now?
Do you still sense an air of narcissism in that assertion?
If so, please explain why.

“What does it matter to anyone what someone else decides to believe?”

This is another way of saying “live and let live, do not concern yourself with what others choose to believe, and in return they should respect your right to your own belief as well.”.

Does that make sense now?
Do you still sense an air of narcissism in that assertion?
If so, please explain why.

I hope that cleared up my actual motivation, as opposed to what you perceived to be my reasoning.
I do think it was pretty clear in the first place, and didn’t really need explaining, but that happens at times I guess.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I ask the christianphobes,and jewphobes the same thing.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Who gives a sh*t??? Seriously...

Well so long as it remains an unreformed piece of trash then its probably the biggest threat humanity faces this century (including muslims)

When children are blown up because of someones beliefs after attending a pop concert, it matters.

I hope one day you understand that, because it's pretty much the bottom line for most sane people.
edit on 31-12-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wonder if Islam will have gone through Enlightenment by then.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Wonder if Islam will have gone through Enlightenment by then.

Don't count on it.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am opposed to anyone trying to control my life or that of my family. Islam is just one threat among many that threaten my freedom. I also don't suspect that current trends will be relevant in 10, 20, 30 years from now.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

So your aversion to Islam being the “dominant”, more accurately described as largest, is based on acts of terror?

Am I correct?

I hope one day you understand that, because it's pretty much the bottom line for most sane people.

I already understand.

One question...
Imagine a world where Islam doesn’t exist at all, is it your belief that those murderous elements would suddenly disappear?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Everyone talks about narcissism like it's some switch that's either ON/OFF in a person.

There is no 'on'. The only time they pretend to 'care' about others is when they want something from them.

I know, I was raised by narcissists.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Who gives a s*** .

There, how'd that 'feel'?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Who gives a s*** .

There, how'd that 'feel'?

Honestly?

Quite amusing actually.

Carry on, mate!
Happy New Year!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

a reply to: 0racle
One question...
Imagine a world where Islam doesn’t exist at all, is it your belief that those murderous elements would suddenly disappear?

They already know none of that will change. Humans have killed over skin color, blood ties, nationalism, economic systems, political systems, access to precious metals & stones, oil pipelines, lust, riots from sporting events, and everything in between. The US even waged a series of coups, occupations, & military "interventions" known as the freakin "Banana Wars", which clearly had nothing to do with religion.

Even if all religions disappeared overnight, the same amount of rapes, murders, thefts, and treachery would occur. In fact, I'd argue that even more would happen because many people refrain from committing such acts because of their religious beliefs.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd be okay with Islam being the main religion, if was as advanced and scientific as it used to be hundreds of years ago, instead of being as backwards, hateful and violent as the majority of it has become.
(I regard all religions with equal contempt though to be clear.)

Might be the main religion if any of us are still alive by then.

*Sigh* Sadly, modern Islam is all of us reaping what a very few have sewn in their efforts to get richer and more powerful.

Regardless, whatever the outcome it does not end well. No period in human history led by religion ever has.

*sigh* I wish we still had undiscovered lands. I want to found a nation where religion and regular human dumb#ery is outlawed and science, common sense and logic is promoted above all.

People like myself need a sanctuary from the rest of mankind. We might have shiny toys now, but sadly the majority still have dark ages brains.
edit on 1-1-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: reasons

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So your aversion to Islam being the “dominant”, more accurately described as largest, is based on acts of terror?

Nope. I have aversion based on the fact that it remains how it was in the it's seventh century form, after the tyrants who killed Hussein set up their Kaliphate for the sake of personal greed, under the guise of "Inshallah"...(God's will)... Those of us who are from countries who have had spiritual and religions reformations understand that the way Mohameds example ended up in the form of it's later religious adaptation was not God's will, and neither was it Mohameds.

Unreformed and Unenlightened.

One question... Imagine a world where Islam doesn’t exist at all, is it your belief that those murderous elements would suddenly disappear?

Nevermind that, this is a conversation about Islam.

It may satisfy western governments for Muslims to say most of us are "moderates" in the face of Islamic terror while doing nothing to actually reform their religion, but it doesn't satisfy the citizenry. It may keep you out of jail, but it doesn't keep you out of scrutiny... so let me ask you... what are you actively doing to reform your religion?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join