It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all those spending this new Year alone - Happy new year

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
New Year is a time of celebration, where you invite folks home, spend time with friends, party or go to pubs. There might be a few people out there alone, sitting at home or working in their call centres unable to celebrate. Or those people unwilling to celebrate due to recent life occurrences. Or maybe those people, simply incapable of making friends or those left out all alone. Let me just say, you are not alone. Here in ATS, we would like to get together and wish everyone a Happy new year and have a much better 2018. Come down and say Hi, and spread your good wishes to those who need it...

edit on 31-12-2017 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

No new years for me since 2012, I follow the mayan calendar.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hear,hear,Happy new year Maddy!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Cracking thread OP.
Have fun and a Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Happy new year right back at ya!

I haven't managed to make it to New Year since I don't even remember when.

Usually in bed by around 8:30 or so.

Besides, I don't want to be out driving on "amateur night" anyway. They can have it, and my new year will be all that much better as a result.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
One is never alone when one is host to parasites.

Habby New Ears.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Happy new year

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I found this toast and wanted to put it to a picture for your thread.
I hope you and those that read it like it.

I am unable to locate an author's name to credit them.

Happy New Year

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Happy new year to you Maddy have a good one! Mia (my dog) and I will be home alone and I could not think of anything I would rather be doing New year in london is chaos and I am glad to be giving it a miss lol

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The UK is going through a huge rise in homeless people. There are more of them now than we've had in many, many years.

It's not just that Christmas and New Year are major family and friends events, it's the fact that the weather is cold and wet too. I feel sorry for all of them who are rough sleeping in doorways and under bridges. Every day is a crap day for them, but these wet, cold winter months must hit them the hardest. It's not like I'm Captain Kindness either, we see them every day so it's a natural process to empathise and even feel grateful that it isn't us.

Anyway, good thread idea. For years these threads would get a lot of posts. It could be a sign of the times that people are focused on different things. The beauty of places like ATS s that someone is always there.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
... HAPPY NEW YEAR ...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The kids are coming early but since they go to bed with the chickens I'll probably be alone with the cats by the time the New Year gets to us. But who knows? I've got veggies, fruit and fudge on which we can nibble---if I put out the word that there are cookies as well, my house may be full.
One of the adopted ones and his daughter just left...after filling my porch with enough wood to last at least a week! Didn't want me getting out in the cold (supposed to be around 6 degrees tonight with a wind chill of below zero!) I am truly a blessed woman.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Happy New Year to you and all of ATS!!

Hope you guys have a fantastic New Year!

And GOOD LUCK in 2018!!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Happy New Year All!

I don't normally go anywhere, as there are to many crazies out tonight. Usually, the kids come here, and we just eat and have fun. But this year, I have been sick for a whole week, so I've told them all to stay away. Not even sure I will make it to midnight. Just hoping nothing bad happens at the big parties this year, like NY.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Happy New Year to you as well!

Technically, I'm not alone, as my cat's curled up at my feet...Told myself I'd have human company by this year, and it almost happened. Instead, another year of being single. Sigh.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Happy New Year Ya'll!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Happy New Year's everyone! I hope 2018 is a great year for all of you!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

fixing to knock off for the night.
Been up since 6:30 a.m.
spent new years working (playing :-) )
in my shop.
Just how I like it.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

You're not alone there Maddy.
After a lot of health problems in the Family, 2018 was supposed to be "Our Year.'
Instead I got my Engagement Ring back.

new topics

top topics

join