It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump use Social Media?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: Chadwickus

Study: 91 percent of recent network Trump coverage has been negative

The mainstream-media critics over at the Media Research Center have been evaluating “evaluative” statements about President Trump on the three main nightly newscasts — ABC’s “World News Tonight,” “CBS Evening News” and “NBC Nightly News.” Over the summer — June, July and August — 91 percent of such statements have been negative, as opposed to 9 percent positive, the organization has determined. “Analyzing the networks’ spin makes it clear that the goal of all of this heavy coverage is not to promote the President, but to punish him,” write Rich Noyes and Mike Ciandella in a posting on NewsBusters, the very prolific blog of the MRC.

www.washingtonpost.com... 292c

Trump does and says negative things, the news is going to report it.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

That's fake news! He has the best words, all of them. You're just being jealous!

He sounds more coherent in his tweets.

It is just me or would this be the mindfully placed incoherence test to see if I'm awake already?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

He's been using Twitter for years, not because of MSM bias but because he's an attention whore.

The media is all Left Wing? I dare say, the MSM is at best centrist catering to both sides, looking at you CNN. But in reality, the MSM is owned by corporations who don't really care about the political spectrum as much as they care about profits and pushing agendas to suit the people who own them. You know, the wealthy elites.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: daaskapital
What ever happened to off-topic post removals? ... sweet Jesus.

Says the person who just posted an off topic post... Seems rather hypocritical does it not?

You're the one spamming the entire thread with pointless memes. What's an observation in comparison to this #show of a thread?

It's the mudpit, if it triggers you so badly, don't go into it.
Poor snowflake

I miss when ATS wasn't infested with 5-year-olds who think they're terribly clever.

Please go back to 4chan kid. You're not impressing anybody.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Why does Trump's lawyer use his social media?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Why does Trump's lawyer use his social media?

Why not?

It is a tool, one that is about the only one he has. Obama had 95% of the media and 99.9% of Hollywood singing his praise daily, so he had to do nothing but breath to look good, or get "his" words out. Trump has none of that so he got to use what he can, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is a funny thread. I wanna play too!

But, before I do, assuming I do, I have an actual comment. I know, redneck is a party-pooper...

a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Anyone that doesnt realize by now that MSM (actually pretty much the entire entertainment mediaplex with very few exceptions) is not only biased, they are in fact HARD CORE leftist propaganda, has either been living under a rock or is so heavily brainwashed and invested its a sad state of affairs for them.

I happen to live under a rock, and I have been saying this exact same thing for quite a while now. Trump tweets as an end-run around the MSM. A few in the MSM (like Fox News) have figured it out and accept his tweets, but most of them haven't. That earlier meme about Twitter being Trump's laser pointer and Democrats being cats nailed it.

Let's face it: Trump is more in the public eye than any President I have seen in recent history. I wonder of anyone has tried to count the number of times the word "Trump" has been said on any of the MSM channels in a single day? I'd bet we'd need to use scientific notation. All he has to do to be the subject of the day is tweet about something. Who else can spend 2 minutes a day to be the center of attention?

In the process, he is not only the center of attention, but every success he has receives wall-to-wall coverage. True, a lot of the coverage is twisted, but the important facts come through in the end. Who doesn't know Trump's campaign is under investigation by Mueller? And who doesn't know that Mueller has NOT charged Trump himself, even after a year of investigating? That actually makes him look innocent to most reasonable people. Likewise, who doesn't know a new tax plan was just passed? Once people see for themselves, starting in February as I understand it, that their taxes went down instead of up, that's going to make every liberal in the MSM look like a double omelet with all the egg they will have on their faces.

Kathy Griffin... where is she again? She seems to have disappeared. What about Rosie O'Donnell? Oh, yeah, she still shows up from time to time, but really, how can anyone be expected to hide something that YUUUUGE? And she usually slinks back into her hole quickly enough to the jeers of the public. I used to hear about Don Lemon quite a lot... is he still 'reporting'? We see celebrities and politicians (is there a difference?) dropping like flies. And through it all, Trump is still President and is still winning. And all this time I thought "Slick Willy" Clinton was the teflon-coated one.

Speaking of which, where is Crooked Hillary? It seems she went back into hiding about the time those classified emails from Abadeen were discovered on Weiner's computer...

All over 140 maximum characters... wow. If there is a major accomplishment that will become Trump's historical legacy after he is forced to retire in 2024, it will be the fact that he used an Internet social media board to destroy his opponents more effectively than anyone else has ever used a military. He has had more success being a purposely open and transparent President than anyone else has had with all the security and closet meetings and misdirection they could muster. Donald J. Trump is the master of Twitter, and has weaponized social media against those who lived and died over social media like no one before, and like no one probably will again.

The world has changed. It will never be the same again. Adapt or die... didn't Darwin say that?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The media is all Left Wing?

Pretty much, yes.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I miss when ATS wasn't infested with 5-year-olds

Except it's the moropiate epidemic and the kids are 50 something.

But yeah. I don't, the mockingbirds didn't have first class metatrolling back then.
edit on 31-12-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I happen to live under a rock, and I have been saying this exact same thing for quite a while now. Trump tweets as an end-run around the MSM. A few in the MSM (like Fox News) have figured it out and accept his tweets, but most of them haven't. That earlier meme about Twitter being Trump's laser pointer and Democrats being cats nailed it.

Let's face it: Trump is more in the public eye than any President I have seen in recent history. I wonder of anyone has tried to count the number of times the word "Trump" has been said on any of the MSM channels in a single day? I'd bet we'd need to use scientific notation. All he has to do to be the subject of the day is tweet about something. Who else can spend 2 minutes a day to be the center of attention?

In the process, he is not only the center of attention, but every success he has receives wall-to-wall coverage. True, a lot of the coverage is twisted, but the important facts come through in the end. Who doesn't know Trump's campaign is under investigation by Mueller? And who doesn't know that Mueller has NOT charged Trump himself, even after a year of investigating? That actually makes him look innocent to most reasonable people. Likewise, who doesn't know a new tax plan was just passed? Once people see for themselves, starting in February as I understand it, that their taxes went down instead of up, that's going to make every liberal in the MSM look like a double omelet with all the egg they will have on their faces.

Kathy Griffin... where is she again? She seems to have disappeared. What about Rosie O'Donnell? Oh, yeah, she still shows up from time to time, but really, how can anyone be expected to hide something that YUUUUGE? And she usually slinks back into her hole quickly enough to the jeers of the public. I used to hear about Don Lemon quite a lot... is he still 'reporting'? We see celebrities and politicians (is there a difference?) dropping like flies. And through it all, Trump is still President and is still winning. And all this time I thought "Slick Willy" Clinton was the teflon-coated one.

Speaking of which, where is Crooked Hillary? It seems she went back into hiding about the time those classified emails from Abadeen were discovered on Weiner's computer...

All over 140 maximum characters... wow. If there is a major accomplishment that will become Trump's historical legacy after he is forced to retire in 2024, it will be the fact that he used an Internet social media board to destroy his opponents more effectively than anyone else has ever used a military. He has had more success being a purposely open and transparent President than anyone else has had with all the security and closet meetings and misdirection they could muster. Donald J. Trump is the master of Twitter, and has weaponized social media against those who lived and died over social media like no one before, and like no one probably will again.

The world has changed. It will never be the same again. Adapt or die... didn't Darwin say that?

TheRedneck

edit on 31-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Why does Trump use Social Media?

Because he can terrorize the twitter users with his rubbish and doesn´t have to fear to get any direct reactions, doesn´t have to fear that somebody asks something and he has to answer.

LMFAO, so the Twitter users are terrorized are they?
Poor snowflakes gonna melt?

Might be, it´s the generation of snowflakes that uses social media...
And it doesn´t matter what he tweets, it affects only the generation of snowflakes(right- and what you think are leftwinger snowflakes) that voluntarily use those data leeches and profile creators of the big brother system, called social media.

Ok, the MSM, even here in europe, has to make a story of every of his tweets, but we just don´t read that stupid stuff anymore or just have a short laugh, our daily dose of political cabaret. Nobody sane takes serious anymore what´s coming from the overseas, if it ain´t a nuclear rocket, everything is fine. It´s your problem in that public asylum in the overseas there, you melt like snowflakes, both sides of the exactly in the middle divided population. We from the outside of that asylum just shake our heads and/or laugh, and live our live, while you maul each other.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

But, before I do, assuming I do, I have an actual comment. I know, redneck is a party-pooper...

Nooooeeeeeeeeeess!!!oneoneeleven

Nobody had any comment yet. Don't have a drink then.

I happen to live under a rock

We know. Me, myself and I agree that you should stay there for national security reasons though.

In the process, he is not only the center of attention, but every success he has receives wall-to-wall coverage

And the graffiti artists trolling this laughingstock of Oval Office get lifted on an even higher orbit to have their giggles encroach the whole wide shallow earth below.

edit on 31-12-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2017 by PublicOpinion because: think now it's a sentence. eventually.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Bury you head in the sand, Merica will take your money and jobs now.

Germans fear huge loss of jobs from US tax reform

German investment in the US is expected to rise by €39 billion because of lower US corporate taxes.

global.handelsblatt.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Of course a Right winger thinks all MSM is Left Wing but ignoring the fact the Media is owned by wealthy elites who only care about profits and pushing their own agendas which only exist to increase their profits. And because not everyone is sucking on Trump's teets obviously makes them Left Wing.

The number 1 MSM outlet, Fox News, is not left wing.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Thank you. I think I will. Make mine a double shot of Russian vodka with a Pabst Blue Ribbon chaser, please?

Me, myself and I agree that you should stay there for national security reasons though.

Oh, there's more of you than just those three. But in my defense, Trump just keeps tweeting...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Of course a Right winger thinks all MSM is Left Wing

So why did you ask?

No, they're slightly right, agreed. You're right. Want a cookie?

BTW, Fox regularly refers to the "MSM" as everyone except them... just sayin'.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Fox is owned by NewsCorp.
Why would you say it's the #1 MSM outlet?
You really believe that?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Absolut coming up, absolutely. You'll have to drink real beer though, have a Budvar chased by this Pilsner instead.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

NM, I'll get my own. Real vodka (Stolichnaya or better) and PBR is the definition of real beer.

No offense, but I don't drink the cheap stuff.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It kinda throws doubt on who is actually behind the handle don't you think?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join