It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Birds Left Tracks in the Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is some really awesome photography of birds using a slow shutter-speed. In all of my years of photography I (personally) have never seen anything of this magnitude. I have seen and done slow shutter-speed shots but not like this, I just never thought to even try it, much less do it successfully.

Anyway, click on the link to see some really beautiful and creative shots of birds in the sky flying.

Also, to ANYONE that still believes in 'RODS' please take note, this is a really good example of what insects do when people take pictures of them using a slightly slow shutter-speed.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Very beautiful and interesting pictures.
The starlings are my favorite. I've been fortunate enough to see the synchronous acrobatics of murmuration and it was captivating and stunning.
Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
A starling murmuration is definitely something to see if one hasn't, they are not my favorite birds, but in giant flcoks they are. I don't like them at my bird feeder, for sure.

Thanks for your reply.
Happy New year to you also!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
very very cool!

originally posted by: recrisp
Also, to ANYONE that still believes in 'RODS' please take note, this is a really good example of what insects do when people take pictures of them using a slightly slow shutter-speed.

and good point, lol

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

It is a very cool method, I wish I'd have thought of that.

On the rods thing, I was sure hoping that someone that still believes in rods would come forth, I'd like to hear their thoughts on this. I REALLY loved "rods" when they were first 'discovered', I wanted them to be real, that was a really neat-o thing for us to see. Oh well...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Oh my goodness that is amaaazing!!!! Thanks so much for posting.Wow this is awesome,as both photographer and lifelong birdlover,it is very special to see this.From earliest childhood birds seemed like magickal creatures to me,and they seem to like me back

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I feel the same, if birds weren't around I don't know that I would want to continue to live, well, there is my puppy dog, but.

I have been taking pictures for many years, I have been on a photography site for many years too, I have never seen anything like that on there, I have seen many cool things, but nothing that compared really.
I see it as art, I guess, and since I love birds so much I am biased.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

well, i'm bookmarking it for the next time i see rods come up, hehe

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
heheh, I will be waiting to see what comes of it too!

I miss the good ol' days when I thought that rods were real...

new topics

top topics

join