It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump On Iran: ‘Oppressive Regimes Cannot Last Forever'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Are you saying the government in Iran promotes the freedom and general well being of its people?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
While Iran is not perfect, Iran has presidential election once every 4 years. Rouhani was elected to office, not appointed by someone. Iran has an elected parliament just like western countries. Iran is far far more western than say Saudi Arabia which does not have election or a parliament.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why am I not surprised that the leftists are upset over this statement.

It's a bit rich calling Iran an Oppressive Regime while snuggling up to Saudi and Israel who are themselves Oppressive Regimes .
Double standards much.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Then why defend Iran?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Not defending the current theocratic regime, but given the history of US meddling, I highly doubt the new government the US installed will be any better.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Because they are a Sovereign nation who have the right to run their country as they see fit , Trumps friends are abusers of human rights too but somehow Iran is the big threat.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Because they are a Sovereign nation who have the right to run their country as they see fit , Trumps friends are abusers of human rights too but somehow Iran is the big threat.

The topic is Iran, the subject is Iran.

While I agree that we have to put things in context, Iran's regime is not conducive to freedom. Many countries have this issue.

Granted, it is their country.

But I see no need nor do I see any reason to defend a brutal and backward theocratic regime.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Them being sovereign has nothing to do with your opinion and defense.

Part of sovereignty is the people expressing grievance and effecting their own change, correct?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sovereignty is about power of the state and those who run it to enact laws by which citizens live by free from outside interference , as far as I'm aware it doesn't give citizens rights other than those given by the state.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I remember a time when Iran was the golden nation on ATS, along with Russia (still is to be honest) and believe it or not Venezuela!

Ahh simpler times!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

For me it's like with free speech , I don't condone the actions of the Iranian government but I defend their right to run their country how they want , change must come from within.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
It’s just the same routine over and over again. Israeli controlled USA doing what they are told, no matter the cost in cash or lives.

But all Iran has to do is stay within its borders give up terrorism and stop supplying Hamas / Hezbollah and training their operatives. At the same time Iran has to stop its nuke lies. Then there will be no "routine" for Iran. It's so simple and their people will not go through the standard "routine" as you put it. Their leadership is treading a very bad line and one that we know will one way or another end in your "routine."

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

For me it's like with free speech , I don't condone the actions of the Iranian government but I defend their right to run their country how they want , change must come from within.

I'm a big free speech advocate, yet I can't condone the inhibition of freedom.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: 3daysgone

The sword dance is a special dance. Its done with your alligence before you take out a shared enemy. Like at the princes and the like that got arrested in Saudi. The same ones that helped with 911.

They know Trump is not as weak as Obama. But I guess you would rather give Iran another 450 billion.

The swamp is being drained.

It became less swampish when Hilary wasn't allowed to become POTUS.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ah yes! Destroying their country, it’s infrastructure and killing thousands to make it another vassal state will serve them so much better and I am sure they’d all be so grateful.
That didn’t work out so well the last time!

What about Trump makes you think it'll be anything like last time?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Iran is the world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism.

Wrong.

Saudi Arabia—not Iran—is the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world today and Wahhabism remains the source of most radical Islamic extremism. For years Iran has borne the unenviable title of “world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism.” However, out of the 61 groups that are designated as terrorist organizations by the U.S. State Department, the overwhelming majority are Wahhabi-inspired and Saudi-funded groups, with a focus on the West and Iran as their primary enemy.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

HuffPo is not a valid source.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

top topics

<< 1   >>

join