It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump On Iran: ‘Oppressive Regimes Cannot Last Forever'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

US President Donald Trump on Saturday weighed in on protests in Iran for a second straight day, warning that the country’s people want change and “oppressive regimes cannot endure forever.”

Trump posted on Twitter two clips of his speech to the UN General Assembly in September in which he took aim at the Iranian regime, which Washington has held out as its top adversary in the Middle East.

“Oppressive regimes cannot endure forever, and the day will come when the Iranian people will face a choice,” he tweeted, quoting from the speech.

“The world is watching!”
www.channelstv.com...

Let's take a brief trip down memory lane.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I think Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" would be appropriate here. Oppressive regimes, anyone?

Does anyone remember Trump's speech in Saudi Arabia? It was a traumatic experience for me. Watching Trump laud Saudi Arabia while calling out Iran as being evil was beyond what I could have imagined.

We've gone so far beyond 1984 that what's happening is becoming incomprehensible. I hope Trumpers can spin all this. I need it for my sanity.
edit on 31-12-2017 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Newspeak. Get with the program. He's been with it since '84.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia have very modern views on how the world should progress, trump is simply ahead of the curve, he knows a good thing when he sees it, that's why he backs it.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

US President Donald Trump on Saturday weighed in on protests in Iran for a second straight day, warning that the country’s people want change and “oppressive regimes cannot endure forever.”

Trump posted on Twitter two clips of his speech to the UN General Assembly in September in which he took aim at the Iranian regime, which Washington has held out as its top adversary in the Middle East.

“Oppressive regimes cannot endure forever, and the day will come when the Iranian people will face a choice,” he tweeted, quoting from the speech.

“The world is watching!”
www.channelstv.com...

Let's take a brief trip down memory lane.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I think Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" would be appropriate here. Oppressive regimes, anyone?

Does anyone remember Trump's speech in Saudi Arabia? It was a traumatic experience for me. Watching Trump laud Saudi Arabia while calling out Iran as being evil was beyond what I could have imagined.

We've gone so far beyond 1984 that what's happening is becoming incomprehensible. I hope Trumpers can spin all this. I need it for my sanity.

And he is still winning. Wait til next year, you will really be angry.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Iran is the world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Meanwhile in the present, CNN is caught sharing Iranian government propaganda.

Gotta protect the Obama Iran deal to preserve the legacy.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Looks like more from the old neocon playbook. How long before we see another attack against another state, Iran this time, to protect it’s people of course, from the “regime” intent on slaughtering it’s own people, just like they did with Libya and Syria!

It’s just the same routine over and over again. Israeli controlled USA doing what they are told, no matter the cost in cash or lives.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Looks like more from the old neocon playbook. How long before we see another attack against another state, Iran this time, to protect it’s people of course, from the “regime” intent on slaughtering it’s own people, just like they did with Libya and Syria!

It’s just the same routine over and over again. Israeli controlled USA doing what they are told, no matter the cost in cash or lives.

You’re defending a theocratic government that whips children for singing pop songs.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Sensationalistic much?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Imagine if Saudi Arabia and Iran turn over a new leaf and achieve some peace in the modern age, during a Trump presidency.

Progressive heads will explode like the finale of Kingsman.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ah yes! Destroying their country, it’s infrastructure and killing thousands to make it another vassal state will serve them so much better and I am sure they’d all be so grateful.
That didn’t work out so well the last time!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I agree with Trump on this one the less theocratic regimes on the planet the better.
Iran used to be so different and can be how it was If the people really want it they will get it.
Dunno If Trump tweeting about it all does a lot of good though hornets nest and all.
He should say the same about the Sauidis tbh.
edit on 31-12-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What seems to have been missing from the press are the ongoing protests against government corruption etc in Israel. Three weekends in a row with thousands protesting in the streets in Tel Aviv, and what press coverage has there been..... sound of crickets and tumbleweed blowing past.

Perhaps Trump could also think about regime change in Israel too!

Israel and the US, and I am sure the UK too, have been building up to striking Iran or trying one of their funded "regime changes" in Iran (on Israel's behalf) for a long time now so it's be expected they'll be playing this up in the press big time right now and maybe even use the excuse for intervention to save the poor Iranian people from their evil government. Same story they used for Libya and Syria too. But, are those governments really any more harsh when it comes to how they treat the people than our own?
I mean, how many times have we seen protesters in our own enlightened and "free" countries soaked with CS gas and getting the crap beaten out of them by the state's head crackers in riot gear?
As for the nonsense about Iran being a "state sponsor of terrorism", that really is laughable given the track record of most of the "civilised" western nations, who destroy entire countries, causing mass death, disease and destruction just so they can get their own way and their hands on that nation's wealth.

Foreign leaders get murdered or a hangmans noose, while ours get peace prizes! What a crazy mixed up dystopian world we live in.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Wrong.

Saudi Arabia—not Iran—is the biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world today and Wahhabism remains the source of most radical Islamic extremism. For years Iran has borne the unenviable title of “world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism.” However, out of the 61 groups that are designated as terrorist organizations by the U.S. State Department, the overwhelming majority are Wahhabi-inspired and Saudi-funded groups, with a focus on the West and Iran as their primary enemy.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

The sword dance is a special dance. Its done with your alligence before you take out a shared enemy. Like at the princes and the like that got arrested in Saudi. The same ones that helped with 911.

The swamp is being drained.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Easy enough to say but there is little proof of that. Remind me who the 911 hicjackers where again. Remind me who was supplying ISIS again.

Saudi and that regime has just been taken care of. The US counterparts are now going to gitmo bay. As i said the swamp is being drained.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Last night(here in germany), my TV was switched on, any news channel running, then i heard this from behind me(where my TV is located when i am at my computer):

“Oppressive regimes cannot endure forever, and the day will come when the Iranian people will face a choice”

Sounds the same like the words the "U"S used for former (CIA or whatever involved alphabet agencies) regime changes or tried regime changes, like the arabian spring, the color revolutions in the Ukraine, for example.

And it´s a fact that the most rogue nations(because of their rulers) on earth unite now, come closer together, become friends or bigger, better friends than yet.

It´s sad and a shame that the "U"SA and the sane around 50% of it´s people were forced to move from the light side of the power to the dark side. That the best friends of the former wannabe world police now are nationalists, rightwinger regimes with evil despots on top. From east europe over saudia arabia up to the phillipines. Exactly what the ancestors of the actual living "U"S generations fought against, between 1939 and 1945. Before they infected themselves with the NAZI ideology, via Operation Paperclip.

As a german i really have to ask, is this the Fourth Reich wee see coming there?
For me this is what we can call the real axis of the evil!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Watching Trump laud Saudi Arabia while calling out Iran as being evil was beyond what I could have imagined

MBS is taking Saudi in a new direction. The old guard has been purged.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Watching Trump laud Saudi Arabia while calling out Iran as being evil was beyond what I could have imagined

MBS is taking Saudi in a new direction. The old guard has been purged.

What we saw in Saudi Arabia was nothing more than a power and asset grab by the new head (chopping) honcho!

Cosying up to the US and Israel is just for political, and personal, gain and he will reap some of the rewards if their planned further death and destruction works out against Yemen, Iran and Syria.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Trump On Iran: ‘Oppressive Regimes Cannot Last Forever'

Why am I not surprised that the leftists are upset over this statement.

It goes against their own ideology.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join