It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US could collapse like Soviet Union, Ron Paul says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Interesting premise. Like the SU? Maybe in that they spent their way to insolvency trying to stay at pace with the West militarily. There isn't greatly disparate peoples unhappy with the current overlords though. A bit of column A a bit of column B. It WILL happen though. No empire lasts forever.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson
All super powers end eventually.

If the USA does collapse I can seeTexas, California, Nevada, Colorado Alaska doing well as independent country with standards of living shooting up.

Other states like Alabama, Mitchgan ect I can see ending up worse than some parts of Africa.

New York would ether collapse or end up a even better off as the world leading tax haven.

If the US government collapses, I can see some regional compacts forming. There are swaths of the country that are like minded in many ways.

Those regional may re-adhere back into something very like what fell apart in the end with a few notable exceptions ... like California and the west coast and some parts of the upper northeast.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Could care less what Ron Paul says. Him and his son are both failed mouthpieces.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
I believe it could happen.

If we discount science and rally behind emotional pleas, then we are f-ed as a nation.

Depends on who's science you're talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join