It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US could collapse like Soviet Union, Ron Paul says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There's no such thing as " trickle down" economics!

Ron Paul is a loon, why do you take him seriously?! Where was he during the Obama administration?! How come he didn't speak out then?!! He just hates Trump because even with no political experience he succeeded where Ron Paul failed and that kills him on the inside.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: StoutBroux

You are doing nothing more than supporting the illusion that it's getting better, kudos for having a positive attitude about it.

You can have a chitty attitude or a positive attitude. Guess which one will take you further!

Things are getting better and data supports that. I'm also not under the impression the US can't collapse like the Soviet Union. I hope it doesn't and so far, things are getting better not worse. Like they say, hope for the best and plan for the worst. Doesn't mean we won't or will fail. It is what it is.

There is merit to what you say, the thing is though it needs to be getting better for everyone not just some.

As far as the positive attitude goes sure you will go further with a positive attitude, one has to be careful not to take it too far as that positive can lead to delusion.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
All you have to do is go anywhere, work anywhere or try to get anything done by either a business or the government and you know Mr. Paul is correct. Third world USA is the next stop on this crazy train.
edit on 12/30/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Nothing is gonna improve under our current economic system. Theo nly way for it to recover is to reset and all Trump ever did is delay the inevitable.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Is there a bubble?

I for one trust Ron Pauls opinion over anyone in the Trump WH. When has trickle down ever worked in favor of the American working man?

Many of the business sites and those observing the markets say there is, probably not that much to do with Trump either, however if he is putting big money into the hands of big corp by his new tax system..which it appears to be the case, that money might just go into the coffers of the wealthy, and stay there.
There's already some evidence that forecasted GDP is lower that the actual output according to Nasdaq.
www.nasdaq.com...
While Nasdaq doesn't go into particulars, it's not hard to know that efficiency in production, especially in the big corps is/has become very high, while not exclusive to them.
The thing is, those guys are not going to take a step backward, and bring people online just because a government
gives them a big tax break, they already have strategies planned for years in advance, where to build, how much it will cost, and how efficient the production line, the [minimum] workforce and how much if any, they need to borrow...vehicles are the obvious examples, and where in some places, are built to order, and everything arrives at assembly just when it is needed.
The shares market at this time, is supposed to be highly overvalued to boot, far more than GDP forecasts...so, somewhere in between real GDP, and the forecast GDP, I have no idea why, but it has to be somewhere in future growth of companies, services etc, the question being where and what, or maybe even war and rebuild...if possible (I just threw that in because it never happens :devil

However the Nasdaq appears to be saying, investment in reality should be with the expectancy of low annual return for some years. In my mind, any change from that can only be in niche areas, or in some really radical change in useable, safe energy, and services..including the internet, while the big winners there have already won, and can dominate for some time with current thinking.
If so, the stupid boom and bust scenario would be gone forever, and therefore stability.
So is that what everybody wants? I wouldn't mind so much, would be billionaires might be a bit pissed though!

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Spiralling debt, income inequality, yes how dare he point out the obvious.

That's Anathema to those who have a large pockle in their pants. Me, I liked the man, it always seemed to me that when he spoke, there was always someone in congress who needed to scratch their chin, pull their ears, or put their head down!

edit on 30-12-2017 by smurfy because: Nearly forgot.

edit on 30-12-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Trumps tax cuts aren’t going to do any thing for the economy at all.

Even if they did the FED would stop any super growth fearing inflation.

Look folks this is merely a scam to get money to Trumps class, that’s all it is.

How any bust will occur is if the rich take their extra loot and invest in exotic investments( like derivatives) that create another bubble. That’s what we have to watch out for since Trump is also deregulating so much that the greedy class will be let loose like they were in the 2007 crash through the real estate and derivative bubble...

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Massive debt, their throwing credit cards at people.

The uneven wealth gap can create a sudden drop in demand; the lower economic strata of society will just stop buying.

Their buying wealth will have withered away to the elite class through Trump tax cuts.

The trickle down as it never has in the past will not produce higher wages and better jobs

The higher deficit may cause the fed to buy the debt and increase the money supply that in turn will raise inflation that will be a cause of the demand decrease

These things always affect the MC and poor never the rich who Trump coddled and gave away millions to.

The MC and poor are just in a vicious cycle to nowhere. The couple of hundred bucks you get in this tax cut is not going to help you much....When inflation rises because of the deficit going up 1.4 trillion.

Paul likely is thinking that that will destroy buying demand decrease and inflation and begin the vicious cycle that will lead to a crash

edit on 30-12-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
What's he sellin' this time?

Is he still selling freeze dryers for when the world falls apart? Perhaps a book? A Chicken Little Fund?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trumps tax cuts aren’t going to do any thing for the economy at all.

Even if they did the FED would stop any super growth fearing inflation.

Look folks this is merely a scam to get money to Trumps class, that’s all it is.

How any bust will occur is if the rich take their extra loot and invest in exotic investments( like derivatives) that create another bubble. That’s what we have to watch out for since Trump is also deregulating so much that the greedy class will be let loose like they were in the 2007 crash through the real estate and derivative bubble...

Paul didn't actually say that Trump is doing the right thing, what he said is that some tax cuts might help some, he certainly didn't endorse trickle-down, if anything, what he is saying is that in the long term it's pretty crappy overall, and that it will keep a certain part of the populace happy for a short while/like 2020.
I agree that unfettered de-regulation is not a good idea, while I could guess that Paul, being a doctor for instance, may have more to say on that which didn't come out so well in the video conversation, nor in the actual reporting.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You have to create your own value.

Anything else is wasting our time.

Even the worlds going to end special people will need to create their own value after the dust clears.

Quit feeding from the dispair trough.

Start a biz, my neighbor clears 6 figs with his lawn service, and he's a drunk.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Paul said that a potential breakdown of the U.S. system due to underlying debt, inflation and inequality could result in a new monetary policy. “The country’s feeling a lot better, but it’s all on borrowed money,” he said. “It’s a bubble economy in many, many different ways and it’s going to come unglued.”

Not an accident, folks.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sorry, but Ron Paul has been wrong about a lot of things over the years.

He's an old man yelling at non-existent kids to get off of his lawn.

He actually believes that the US can exist in a vacuum where everyone gives us their money and no one wants to fight us.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Who wants to fight US?

We're out trolling the entire planet since the fall of the USSR and still they dont really want to.

I see it more as that little handful have no choice but stretch their legs at US or else they're total chumps playing at folly. Hyksos we are slapping around the Egyptians material it all is.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

America is already dead. Your just too brainwashed to know it. The years 2000's NASA suppose to release space technology to public usage. That never happened.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

Libertarian Republican leader Ron Paul said that the American system under President Donald Trump is “coming apart” and that the booming economy this year is “a bit of an illusion.” “We’re on the verge of something like what happened in '89 when the Soviet system just collapsed,” the former Texas congressional representative told the Washington Examiner on Tuesday. “I’m just hoping our system comes apart as gracefully as the Soviet system.”

Is there a bubble?

Paul said that a potential breakdown of the U.S. system due to underlying debt, inflation and inequality could result in a new monetary policy. “The country’s feeling a lot better, but it’s all on borrowed money,” he said. “It’s a bubble economy in many, many different ways and it’s going to come unglued.”

I for one trust Ron Pauls opinion over anyone in the Trump WH. When has trickle down ever worked in favor of the American working man?

I agree with Ron Paul but for different reasons.

According to what I've read, the US is suffering the same problem as Rome did when it collapsed and for the same reasons.

This was because its military conquest of the world cannot be sustained because its continually growing while economic production in the US is stagnating and falling and will continue to fall because the US no longer has what made it the economic power house it once was.

Much of the what made the US economically and financially powerful was its manufacturing capacity but this is waning if not straight out declining and has been for quite some years and will continue to do so.

This is because most of it was exported to China and now it seems there is just not enough people in America with the skills to get it going again. Apparently, a point of no return has been passed in terms of there being no longer a sufficiently large enough skill base.

Yes, there are many people with the skills but they have been out of work for so long they will not be attracted back to the industries that treated them like rubbish. Another factor is there age, they just will not bother taking jobs knowing they are likely to be poorly paid and thrown out with the rubbish a second time.

So, an unproductive but nu-restrained military is growing but the capacity to sustain that ever growing military budget from the American economy is declining all the time and the inevitable is just a matter of time.

Considering there are many countries around the world who have scores to settle with the US, most of its victims are now sitting back and just watching and waiting for the implosion to occur.

According to the theory, the crash will occur when enough countries of the world refuse to use the US dollar as a reserve currency, ie pay for oil in US dollars. Now, have a think about Iraq, Syria and Iran have got to with this.

Paul Craig Roberts has written a number of articles on this theme over the last few years.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: whyamIhere

You do realize there's a lot of problems in the US do you? And don't tell me the country is improving. It isn't.

Maybe it isn't for you.

Some of us want lower taxes.

Clearly, the economy is coming back.

Better for some means bigger govt, more poverty and distribution of wealth to a tiny minority as happened under Obama, as well as transgender bathrooms of course.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Better for some is paying attention to history, not creating a deficit, some sign a balanced budget is wanted...

And by the way the Transgender bathroom issue is a conservative one...

It was a conservative gov, calling a special session to make a law that ended up costing the state investment and hunreds of millions in revenue.

It's time the moral warriors go away and real fiscal conservatives come back. Just look at the majority of bible belt red states. Massive poverty and huge government welfare for their budgets..

edit on 31-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockdisjoint2

Ron Paul is a loon, why do you take him seriously?! Where was he during the Obama administration?! How come he didn't speak out then?!! He just hates Trump because even with no political experience he succeeded where Ron Paul failed and that kills him on the inside.

This dude must've been asleep during 2012 when Ron Paul ran for president.

I actually find it funny how some still consider Paul to be too fringe yet Donald isn't.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: rockdisjoint2

This dude must've been asleep during 2012 when Ron Paul ran for president.

I actually find it funny how some still consider Paul to be too fringe yet Donald isn't.

WRONG!

I actually liked Ron Paul back in 08 and 2012 BUT he NEVER attacked Obama personally the way he attacks President Trump! Ron Paul attacked Obama's policies and I respected that but now he's bitter and he doesn't attack Trumps polices because, for the most part, he agrees with them!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join