It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arise Sir Ringo Starr & Sir Barry Gibb.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Queen is to honour Ringo Starr and Barry Gibb with Knighthoods in the New Years Honours List. Both are well deserved in my opinion due to their contribution to the music industry.

Well done those men.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 30-12-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Celebrating men going from humble beginnings as artists, becoming agents of distraction, and being rewarded for their service to the crown.
-
What else is a "Sir"?
-
(Hey: This is a conspiracy site after-all...)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Knighthoods...

Scarcely known by its true form, Initiation!

I’m actually all for it, as it gives us all a heads up as to who is an enemy!

Charity, efforts towards *insert cause*, contribution to *insert medium*...
Uhhuh... sure thing buddy.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Why so late..? And yes... I also believe there is more to it than just a reward for their "popularity".

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
God I hate these honours lists.

“Well done you have over charged people for decades to listen to you play a guitar and sing a few songs”

Have a knighthood.....

Meanwhile poor joe blogs is still sweeping the same streets for the last 40 years of hard graft getting underpaid and undervalued by a society that thinks it’s ok to pay someone a couple of hundred grand a week to kick a ball about a park but has nurses going to food banks and doctors earning pennies. A society who has been brainwashed by years of crap in the media to believe that having a pretty face and getting to the final of the x-factor qualifies as being “successful”

Sure they might through the peasants a few scraps, hand out the odd obe or whatever to pretend this isn’t some pretentious show for the elite.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Knighthoods... Scarcely known by its true form, Initiation!

exactly this, all the disgraced household names in the uk have one thing in common.
an honor from the queen.
i dont think its universal, but certainly odd.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

en.m.wikipedia.org...

It’s quite amusing how many rejected on the basis of disliking the idea of having a Title...
I suspect other factors played a part.

Many more who have also refused but do not make the wiki list.

Here is my absolute favourite on the list;

A. J. P. Taylor, eminent British historian. "The Establishment draws its recruits from outside as soon as they are ready to conform to its standards and become respectable. There is nothing more agreeable than to make peace with the Establishment – and nothing more corrupting."

I can only picture them dropping a microphone after saying that.
Ha.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I can' t do with celebrities being knighted, what a load of rubbish - being honoured for doing their job and being paid a massive amount for it. What real service are they providing - aside from entertaining? Same with sports personalities. I say eve the damn recognition for the real heroes - people who save someone's life for example.
I

new topics

top topics

join