It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapped in the net

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well, I'll spare you the dissertation, but suffice to say I worked in broadcast media for a while back in one of my previous lives. Rest assured, I know exactly how it works. And, you are giving them far too much credit. Everything, and I mean every single tiny thing, revolves around money. So, where you see what might appear to be divisive, in reality what you are seeing is very careful market placement, to differentiate themselves from competition 'just enough' to steal away their advertising dollars...and make money. On the same side of the coin, when you see political 'lean', in reality this is coming from ownership carefully selecting markets where they can get the best profit margins....and make money.

Oh sure, networks actively seek out talent which supports their market driven political bent, it just makes it look all that much more real, but trust me if the market dollars shifted to 50.00000000001% in the other direction, that talent would get dropped like a hot rock or a bad habit! It's not about the majority of the public opinion (not at all), it's about who buys advertising and in what markets.

Then, of course, you also have the mercenaries, the talent who think they are bigger than the news itself...and who will say anything to make the almighty dollar. Megyn Kelly is a shining recent example of but just one of these media mercenaries. But again, it's all based on selling advertisements. The talent doesn't get hired if the talent doesn't sell sponsorship. Period.

There is no moral compass in the media, there is only sponsorship dollars...and not a single CPU cycle gets wasted on ANYTHING else. The media is one of the most powerful illusions imaginable, but don't ever think for a moment, not even a millisecond, that the media has a soul.

They don't.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Of course they don't have a soul, they're simply corporate mouthpieces who talk about what they're paid to talk about. The agenda they push is their source of income, if they go against their orders they no longer make money, much like politicians lose their donors if they go against the status quo. The lobbyists who pay politicians are the same ones who pay the media.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Wow...word salad at it's finest!

You didn't say a damn thing there, just walked down the winding path of mediocrity and political-speak.

If you "believe" something, then SAY it. If you just want to barf out some words which say nothing then, well, don't!~

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Cmon now, you were both correct on this page.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I said the same thing you did only in a more condensed way.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Okay, you win the Interwebz.

Still not clear on your point, but no matter.

Take care.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

My point is the media is using all these scandals and "leaks" to push their narrative forward, a narrative that includes dividing people down party lines and radicalizing people through their obvious bias and choice of topics to report on. People are eating it up, buying fully into the narrative while not questioning why such things are being reported on constantly and instead soaking up the drama and controversy like addicts.
edit on 12/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Just keep marching, left, right, left right, left,right. Our entire system is based on this left right paradigm, education, sport, politics, military all of it. How do the masses break free from that kind of programming? Seems to me many cannot even see they stuck in that way of thinking as they have never been taught any differently.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join