It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Russians want the return of the USSR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There are some Russians who want the Soviet Union to return.

They scheduled their outing on the centenary of Russian Revolution and we saw them sing, shout and fist-bump with activists from other parts of the world. They clearly felt they had something to scream about.

They believe a communist state as envisaged by the Bolsheviks will sweep through Russia again and a new poll suggests most Russians agree with them - 58% recently declared that they regret the Soviet Union's demise.

news.sky.com...

After reading this, I believe the reason why there are Russian tankers covertly giving oil to North Korea even after there are sanctions is because there are still some powerful Russians who longed for the days of the Soviet Union. After all, it was Stalin himself who created North Korea and considered it a Soviet client state.

It reminds me of some spy novels featuring an ex KGB or military official who wished for the return of the USSR because they believed that under the USSR, Russia was better off. They may have a point because at the height of the Soviet Union's power, Russia became one of the most influential nations in the world. Russia in the 90s was a shadow of its former self.
edit on 12/30/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

"Those Moscow girls make me sing and shout"

edit on 30-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

They may remember the good ol days. I shutter to think what the results will be if they get the old band back together.

edit on 30-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

They may remember the good ol days. I shutter to think what the results will be if they get the old band back together.

The borscht had more flavor back then and tested better than today. Too much Monsanto GMOs in our food.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

By the sounds of it there are a growing number of younger Americans that would like to turn their capitalist hell into a Soviet Union of sorts....

Awaiting the return of bumper stickers stating "I would rather be dead than red"...

RA

edit on 30-12-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Some "U"S americans want the return of the Third Reich(this time in "their" Reich in the overseas), what´s worse?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If a country, and its people, can thrive under communism, who is anyone to say it's the wrong way for them to go?

It's ironic really, the way supporters of democratic societies, which tout freedom of expression, the freedom to do whatever you want for a living, freedom of religion and, basically, the freedom to use your mind as you wish scream bloody murder at the thought of a political state that doesn't conform to their ideas.

If people choose to be governed almost wholly by their government, that's their choice. (The ironies just keep coming fast and furious don't they?) They must feel that their government has the best intentions for the country as a whole, as opposed to having the intent to let people have somewhat free reign over their own lives. If the U.S. government truly had OUR best interests in mind during every decision they make, they can be communist all they want. Just give me a country I can be proud of and that the rest of world doesn't laugh at.

This is something most American don't seem to understand. For all the flag waving patriotism we do, we are selfish about wanting things OUR way. And when you have a mixed bag of people from almost every country on the planet, you can see how quickly patriotism for one specific country, the U.S.A., flies out the window to make room for me, me, me.

If Russia returns to being the U.S.S.R., you are never going to see that out of the Russian people. If for any other reason, it is because the vast majority of people who inhabit that huge chunk of land.........are Russians by birth. You don't see the influx of people from 30 different countries over the course of 200 years, who bring their cultures with them, who now claim to be Americans.

In short, think what you want about Russia. At least they have a country with a whole, cohesive and tangible identity. For all intents and purposes, we Americans don't.

And remember.....that was by design.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Don't Americans want to"make America Great again"?

How is that different?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The USSR was actually a confederation (controlled by Russians) of Russia and a number of other states which are now outside Russia.
Perhaps the poll is expressing their nostalgia for that side of things. They have dreams of re-embracing the Ukraine and the Baltic states. Perhaps, while they're at it, reviving the Warsaw Pact and getting the Russian tanks back in Berlin.

It's well to remember the old proverb about the difference between capitalism and communism.
"Capitalism is the exploitation of man by man.
Communism is the other way round."

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Make Russia USSR Again - whats good for the goose is good for the gander. I wonder what Vlad thinks about all this USSR claptrap, likely reminds him of the good ol KGB days.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
There are some Russians who want the Soviet Union to return.

This is because - like China - the media is controlled. The media in Russia does not cover the atrocities of the Soviet period, the repression and the brutality. There is no mention of the forced relocation of populations, the famines and the resultant millions dead. History is distorted. Instead, the Russian media portray the past as being a glorious period, where Russia was great.

The controlled media in Russia is creating a country that is based on a lie.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

And some liberal whites,plus some people of other ethnicities,want the white ethnicity exterminated.So..what's your point. Imbecilic cat wants imbecilic things..

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

What's wrong with wanting your country to be great or even "great"? If the ANC wanted to make South Africa "great again" would you object?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It's not exactly news.
I've read different accounts of regular Russians who, compared to today, think the old system was much better. Truth be told in day to day living it was. Once Russia opened up some to capitalism the black markets went into overdrive, jobs were no longer secure, to them it was chaos.

Not that I think so, but they do.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

"In America, you can always find a party. In Soviet Russia, The Party can always find you!"

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
*shrugs* if that is what they want that is their choice, bunch of former USSR countries are ready to fight them tooth and nail to prevent it (a full return including eastern europe) they do not really have the good old days to remember they remember the fear, the disappearances and the deaths.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Siberian prisons for everyone, you cannot have USSR without Gulag, KGB dragging people away in the middle of the nights. A good old fashioned Purge or two like, all the academics would get rounded up first for sure then the religious leaders and everyone who ever served politics since the Soviet Union's fall.

The blood flow would be of inconceivable proportions, so why do they want this again?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The borscht had more flavor back then and tested better than today. Too much Monsanto GMOs in our food.

Come on Monsanto is a US corp that is beyond reproach. And if the cabbage taste bad it is a small price to pay for the share holders.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yeah they do. Strong nostalgia for the Soviet Union in Russia, Belarus and Eastern Ukraine, and to a lesser extent the Former Soviet Republics of Central Asia.

There's a reason the Communist Party Russian Federation is the main, and largest, opposition party in Russia today.

They're a dying breed though. Mostly the older types in Russia. The younger generation have little love for it, and no fond memories since they didn't live to experience it.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Siberian prisons for everyone, you cannot have USSR without Gulag, KGB dragging people away in the middle of the nights. A good old fashioned Purge or two like, all the academics would get rounded up first for sure then the religious leaders and everyone who ever served politics since the Soviet Union's fall.

The blood flow would be of inconceivable proportions, so why do they want this again?

Thank goodness the US doesn't tap into US civilians electronic communications with out a warrant or imprison people with out a trial and stick them into prisons for whatever time frame a un-elected person feels is right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join