It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military to accept transgender recruits after courts block Donald Trump’s ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Can they do the job? If the answer is yes so flipping what.
You should be thanking these folk for willing to put their lives on the line.

I agree.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: antiantonym

Unlike the mindless leftists who only believe what their party masters tell them, many of us "Trump supporters" were against the president on this issue.

If people are able to serve and want to serve, then they should be given the opportunity to serve.

Only if they are treated exactly the same as the next guy they are serving with, but yeah, if so then I can't see a problem.

You guys both get stars for under rstanding that patriotism is not a "gender issue."

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Can you tell me why being a Trans person would stop them doing their job?.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Braver than me and many on here If they have not served.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Ugly ugly talk. Did anyone ask for privleges? No I don't think so. They want to be soldiers. That's all they ask. No one is asking for the military to pay for surgeries because MOST transgender do not go in for sexual reassignment.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The president can set policy, the courts determine whether it is constitutional. The Second Amendment gives Americans the right serve in the armed forces. What do you think "bear arms" means?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Even if they do want sexual reassignment surgery afterwards, so what!

They served, they signed a contract, they wrote a check that placed their own life on the line.

link   
I came into this thread to see the whinging man-babies getting their knickers in a twist about 'evil libruhls' and 'scary transexual people', and I have not been disappointed.

For self-proclaimed proud strong men, there sure is a significant element of whinging man-baby about a few members of Cult#45.

These Trans servicemen and women are serving their country and doing a damn fine job of it. Frankly they should stop being picked on by panicked alt-righters who feel threatened by their very existence.

And I'm proud to stand alongside the posters here who are saying the same thing.
edit on -06:00am161231America/ChicagoSat, 30 Dec 2017 07:16:45 -0600363 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

link   

Tall people? I had no idea. Flat feet and other physical limitations are different. How you identify sexually doesn't effect you physically. They do send both sexes into battle these days.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t see why the military has to accept trannies. They don’t accept tall people or people with flat feet and you don’t see courts overturning people with those types of deviations. The military should have the right to deny entry to anyone that has an anomalous condition.

In the United States, citizens have rights, not the government.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's not their fault that Trump rushed this ill-conceived ban. If his issue is free operations then he should move to block those instead of trans in general.

Then they need a method to test for it, to root them out, you could say. It's easy to see which kid is too tall and which one has flat feet.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Reason # 908,776,541 for you unhinged Leftists to cry about Trump.
You guys were exposed a long time ago for what you are.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Wrong. The precentage that get sexual reassignment in general is low. In the military it is practically unheard of. You should look things up before you post .
The cost that is incurred by hormone therapies and what little surgery may take place is a tiny tiny sliver of the DOD budget.

If all they want to do is fight and be treated exactly the same as any other man, then great

You may not know this under that rock but women go into battle too these days.

Ut oh. I hope they get home in time to cook dinner...

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Pretty simple set of standards to enlist. Physically and mentally fit being at the forefront.

Is consistent medical treatment fair across the board?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Who is crying the ban is not in place so yeah maybe Trump may be having a boo.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You may not know this under that rock but women go into battle too these days.

Really? How silly! I thought it would be safer to wait for the soldiers to come back from battle, rather than cooking in the battle itself.

edit on 30/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You don't have a right to be a soldier, marine, seaman or airmen.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Sensible informed kind caring people. Yup. You got that right.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Why does being 6 '6" or having flat feet keep a soldier from doing their job and why aren't you fighting with equal zeal for their right to serve?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Why does being 6 '6" or having flat feet keep a soldier from doing their job and why aren't you fighting with equal zeal for their right to serve?

Good question... looking forward to the answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join