It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price protests turn political in Iran as rallies spread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
All those people can look forward to torture and cruel deaths, the Islamic rulers are brutal. When the people protested in Syria they got tanks rolled out on them and Russia backed the government, Iran would be no different.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
All those people can look forward to torture and cruel deaths, the Islamic rulers are brutal. When the people protested in Syria they got tanks rolled out on them and Russia backed the government, Iran would be no different.

American tanks?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

American tanks?

Assad's tanks, DUH

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It seems a good part of Iran would like to join the twenty first century.
More freedoms,less societal restrictions.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: Xcathdra

Replace "Iranian" with "American", and note the uncomfortable shifting in seats.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
pfft... and people say the United States is losing influence . If only they really understood just how influential we are.

Exactly - just look what happens as soon as Iran loses the USA as an ally, which they were under Obama.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

pfft... and people say the United States is losing influence . If only they really understood just how influential we are.

Exactly - just look what happens as soon as Iran loses the USA as an ally, which they were under Obama.

Really they were part of the axis of evil under Bush....

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Yeah, they just did very well for themselves for 8 years with a staunch ally in the Oval Office. Not only did they get billions in aid (oh sorry, just repayments), they were allowed to sell drugs in the US via Hezbollah. I am sure the Iranian govt did very well for themselves.. well enough to throw a few scraps to the people to keep them ticking over. That appears to be over.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Interesting timing , not saying the CIA are up to their old tricks but it smells like the CIA are up to their old tricks.
Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Yeah, they just did very well for themselves for 8 years with a staunch ally in the Oval Office. Not only did they get billions in aid (oh sorry, just repayments), they were allowed to sell drugs in the US via Hezbollah. I am sure the Iranian govt did very well for themselves.. well enough to throw a few scraps to the people to keep them ticking over. That appears to be over.

I know I'm slow, but are you making g a defense for the CIA by blaming Hezbollah for selling drugs in the U. S. ?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I know I'm slow, but are you making g a defense for the CIA by blaming Hezbollah for selling drugs in the U. S. ?

No, the CIA are a terrorist organisation. I am quite sure, though, Iran's allies in the Obama administration made it very easy for Hezbollah to sell and profit from the sale of drugs in the US.

The special relationship between the US and Iran is now over, though, so I am not surprised to see the US treating them as enemies again.
edit on 30/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Interesting timing , not saying the CIA are up to their old tricks but it smells like the CIA are up to their old tricks.
Just a thought.

Replace CIA with Deep State...

The timing is very interesting given the recent revelations about the Obama admin shielding Hezbollah from investigations for their drug trade into the US.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Replace CIA with Deep State...

I prefer CIA , you can poke a stick at the CIA and they have a track record.

The timing is very interesting given the recent revelations about the Obama admin shielding Hezbollah from investigations for their drug trade into the US.

Revelations or accusations ?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Revelations or accusations ?

Revelations

ETA -

Press TV Breaking
‏ @BREAKING_PTV
5m5 minutes ago

UPDATE

Foreign ministry: Iranian people are main pillar for country’s security, progress
#BREAKING

not really sure what they mean by this tweet.
edit on 30-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Anybody who doubts the validity of the claims is welcome to click the links in my first post, which will provide a list of various protests in the cities posted. Simply listen to the people in the streets and verify what they are saying with a translator or friends who understand Persian-speak.

The search terms are in Farsi which are what provide domestic uploads of the events. Bear witness, and then return to us what they are saying specifically in the streets.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Anybody who doubts the validity of the claims is welcome to click the links in my first post, which will provide a list of various protests in the cities posted. Simply listen to the people in the streets and verify what they are saying with a translator or friends who understand Persian-speak.

The search terms are in Farsi which are what provide domestic uploads of the events. Bear witness, and then return to us what they are saying specifically in the streets.

In addition to his post and sources -
Here's What's Behind Iran's Biggest Protests In Seven Years - What started as small protests against poor economic conditions had by Friday spiraled into widespread demonstrations against the government and clashes with police.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
After all the slaughter that went down in Syria, I cant support US starting this kind of BS ever again, if this is another CIA "Arab Spring".

If it involves partnership with Al Qaeda / ISIS (same thing) I will have to slaughter it and everyone involved.

If Trump is getting the CIA out of the international corruption / drug running / sponsoring of terrorism game he'll forever have my praise for it.

But hypocrisy I will call out no matter who it is, every time. As should anyone, especially a leaders supporters as its up to them to keep them honest.

after ms Nikki recently provided "proof" of Iran missiles recovered in SA fired from Yemen...
now mysterious anti government uproar out of the blue accompanied by a proverbial support 'twit' from the commander in chief...

why if I was born yesterday I would be obliged to think these events were mutually exclusive... but history and a brain quickly dispels any ambiguity.

edit on 30-12-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have no doubt they are pissed off with their dear leader, it just has very little to do with exporting terrorism.

I don't know, the people could very well be upset that their government is begging for war with Saudi Arabia by supplying Yemen Houthi with missiles that have been intercepted over Saudi Arabia a couple of times in the last month.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Al Arabiya English
‏Verified account @AlArabiya_Eng
3h3 hours ago

BREAKING: #TehranUniversity students chant: It's all over, reformers and hardliners!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join