It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notorious ex-teacher to marry victim!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
7 1/2 years of jail and two children later Mary Kay LeTourneau is set to marry her former sixth grade pupil. He is now 22.

SEATTLE - Mary Kay LeTourneau and her former sixth-grade pupil have set a wedding date of April 16, according to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer newspaper, which cited an online bridal registry.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I am curious to see if the marraige lasts, the relationship has certainly lasted under what must have been tremendous pressure.I am all for happy endings but this one sure had a quirky start!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
IMO, if they were truly in love, they should have waited to start a relationship after he turned 18.

She was a pedophile plain and simple. Just because they are getting married and going to raise their kids together, does not make this go away.

I'm a bit surprized that the State even allows her to see her children after a conviction of raping a 12 year old.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
man this PC crap sucks. When I was 12 (tall and well developed for my age) I would of probably done my teacher as well willingly if she was hot. I know I would of at 13 without a second thought!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think she is a pedophile too, but now they are both censenting adults. Not much the law can do to stop it!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
people are crazy...the kid obviously wanted this teacher so he is no victim....the only victims here are people that actually feel like the kid was victimized. the news media once again forces their position on the public and once again the public falls for it.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This lady is obviously obsessed with this kid. She threw away her family and her freedom for him. He must do something for her that no one else can, so I say let them do whatever they want. Believe me, there's alot more of this stuff going on, but the people just don't get caught and exposed.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Imagine the Mary Kay and Vinni's children having to grow up knowing about this. I don't think parents will let their kids go to Mary and Vinni's house for a sleep over any time soon.

Vinni was a victim. He was 12 years old. What 12 year old can make decisions like that? I don't care how physically mature he was, he was a child.

If a 33 year old male teacher was having relations with a 12 year old girl, we would have him locked up for life. You turn it around and it's "love?"

Sorry, not in my book.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i really dont know....its messed up thats all
but i mean he is gonna be messed up for the rest of his life....but im not surprised hes stayin with her, shes all he knows

just sad is all

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
man this PC crap sucks. When I was 12 (tall and well developed for my age) I would of probably done my teacher as well willingly if she was hot. I know I would of at 13 without a second thought!

No kiddin. Most 13 year old dudes would.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Good for them. Who are we to judge whether or not they are in love. Yes, they are not the "norm" for our society, but if they're both happy who cares.

Those of you who are angry about this need to examine yourselves and figure out what's so wrong in your life that you need to put others down in order feel better about your position. Leave them be and get your own life.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
Vinni was a victim. He was 12 years old. What 12 year old can make decisions like that? I don't care how physically mature he was, he was a child.

When I was 12, I certainly would have made a decision like that.

new topics

top topics

join