It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Saudis AND the Iranians were actually our friends again...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Anti-government demonstrations that began in Iran on Thursday have now spread to several major cities.

Large numbers reportedly turned out in Rasht, in the north, and Kermanshah, in the west, with smaller protests in Isfahan, Hamadan and elsewhere.

The protests began against rising prices but have spiralled into a general outcry against clerical rule and government policies

The demonstrations have taken the Iranian authorities by surprise. Impromptu anti-government demonstrations are rare in a country where the Revolutionary Guard and numerous intelligence agencies have a strong grip on the population.

Predictably they are blaming anti-revolutionary elements and foreign agents. But the protests clearly stem from seething discontent in Iran, mainly because of the worsening economic conditions faced by ordinary Iranians.

A BBC Persian investigation has found that Iranians, on average, have become 15% poorer in the past 10 years alone.

0bama had the opportunity during the "Arab Spring" to back the Iranian dissidents, who were trying desperately to bring down the islamist theocracy and gain freedom for Iran. The dissidents were sure that the 0bama regime would help. Instead, 0bama completely ignored them and funded islamic terrorists in Libya and Syria instead. Seemed to me at the time it was criminal.

Looks like the current Admin with Trump in charge is backing the people of Iran this time. Being unemployed, waiting in lines for chicken and bread, really sucks when you see news of money/troops being sent to Lebanon, Syria, Gaza, Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Bahrain, etc. Many young Iranians feel like they are last in line of concern of their leaders.

THIS is one of the biggest stories out there... what if the Saudis AND the Iranians were actually our friends again...

edit on 29-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

0bama had the opportunity during the "Arab Spring" to back the Iranian dissidents...

0bama completely ignored them and funded islamic terrorists in Libya and Syria instead...

Lol.
You actually think the Iranian “dissidents” would have been different to the terrorists in Libya & Syria?

Get a grip.
BTW...

...money/troops being sent to Lebanon, Syria, Gaza, Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Bahrain...

To fight those very same terrorists that Obama supported...

Something tells me only a tiny percentage of Iranians think that is a bad thing.

More than likely they’re not even Iranians...
We know all about the Arab Sting and the shipping of foreign fighters to start the “protests”.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
multi city protests you say? I suppose that is why their front page has this:

but nothing about protests. Ha, they must be pissed off severely.
No reports either on Tasnim.Guess they do no like transparency after all.

Oh yea, they are mad alright, it is definitely going down somewhere in Iran.

A popular gathering in protest of the high cost and the status of welfare, and the strange confrontation of law enforcement officers in places in Iran.(translated by google)

Key words:
Protest in Rasht
Protest in Mashad
P rotest in Kermanshah
Have fun.
edit on 12-30-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

apnews.com...

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Police in Iran’s capital said Thursday they will no longer arrest women for failing to observe the Islamic dress code in place since the 1979 revolution.

The announcement signaled an easing of punishments for violating the country’s conservative dress code, as called for by the young and reform-minded Iranians who helped re-elect President Hassan Rouhani, a relative moderate, earlier this year.

But hard-liners opposed to easing such rules still dominate Iran’s security forces and judiciary, so it was unclear whether the change would be fully implemented.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Yeah, what's coming is the "decentralization" of authority.

It started with bitcoin.

Once the control over money is removed from the banks and the governments,

next shoe to drop is the "authority to govern"...this too will be decentralized

and the power taken back by the people.

Let's face it, the governments use "money" to control the population.

They raise and lower taxes, set tariffs, levy licensing fees to do this or that,

and by setting the "level" of all these monetary controls they control who can

do what and when.

So, once they lose control over the money, as cryptocurrencies take off, they lose

that power to limit, restrict, and control the activities of people through the various

monetary mechanisms that are used to control the masses.

Freedom !

Go bitcoin, go. The internet and the crypto-currencies are "disrupting" the socio-economic order

everywhere.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
More likely the protesters all american funded and backed . Same # different day .

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hmmm. Like the Chinese and the Russians?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I've never had a problem with Iran in fact I've got an Iranian friend who I can say is quite intelligent and a good decent human being. I think the problem as to why people think Iran is so bad is because of western media and how they portray Iran. I'd love to visit and I'd love to go snow boarding in Iran.

Saudi on the other hand .. I'd be breaking ATS T&Cs if I were to say my true feelings about them

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Persians are cool. I know both Arabs and Persians. I invite Persians to my house on occasion, Arabs on the other hand, nope...

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I thought the Saudis were your friends.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The Iranian government has told people to avoid "illegal gatherings" in the wake of two days of angry anti-establishment protests in the country.
Scores have been arrested in protests over corruption and living standards.
Some small groups have continued demonstrations in Tehran and elsewhere.
But Interior Minister Abdolrahman Rahmani Fazli urged people "not to participate in these illegal gatherings as they will create problems for themselves and other citizens".
The Iranian authorities are blaming anti-revolutionaries and agents of foreign powers for the outbreak of anti-establishment protest.
In the US, the Trump administration warned Iran overnight that the world was watching its response.

www.bbc.com...
edit on 30-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
Yeah, what's coming is the "decentralization" of authority.

It started with bitcoin.

Once the control over money is removed from the banks and the governments,

next shoe to drop is the "authority to govern"...this too will be decentralized

and the power taken back by the people.

Long before that happens, governments are going to take control of cryptocurrencies. No one ever wants to give up power. For us in the US, the first sign is mucking around with net-neutrality. Take away the ability to visit sites as you wish and poof, there goes Bitcoin. This is going to be a battle of wits between the tech savvy and the law-makers.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Iran is far more modern compared to Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is one of the few last absolute monarchies without parliament and without election. Iran is a republic and has parliament and periodic elections and presidential term limit. Iran is Islamic in name only. Islam was created by Arabs. Iran is not an Arab country. Iran can never truly be Islamic. On of that, linguistically and culturally, Iran is Indo European, very close to English and Spanish spoken in America. It is far easier for America to be ally with Iran than it is for America to be ally with Saudi Arabia.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The Saudis will never be our friends. Remember 9/11.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I am afraid of 2 things ... There will be no "positive" change in Iran, or at least no changes that will be positive for the west. I am not sure what is Europe or the US expecting from latest developments in there though!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The EU is again in a dreamland. The failure at UNSC against Iran is not a US failure. It is mostly a UN failure and therefore an EU failure. The UN loses credibility and power by the day thanks to these fantastic shows.

new topics

top topics

join