It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help With Launching a Phone APP still installed but not showing a button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yea hey guys. Umm, so my wife poor thing. The only entertainment she enjoys on a screen is her Angry Birds 2. It looks like our 3 year old daughter (child #4) somehow disappeared the little button that you press to launch the game. This is pretty much a stay at home phone and she kills time between studies and work just enjoying launching those birds at the piggies. Honestly I get a kick out of peeking sometimes because those pigs are darn funny looking.

Anyways, she got all hurt that it looks like she deleted the game and now is feeling down because of all the progress she made. Hehe, now she knows how it feels when pretty much all the kids have done something similar to my saves on the PS3 over the years when it still worked.

Anyways, Im no expert but I have learned my way around a bit in the settings, and the game still shows as installed. None of the data or the cache is clear. So I have no clue what happened or how to get the button back. I have seen them do this before with the actual call button, and I don't remember how I got that back or if it just came back on its own.

I tried holding down on the app in the "installed apps" list under setings, but it does nothing. The only buttons to press are force stop, uninstall, clear data and clear cache. I clearly do not want to do any of that, because right now she has some hope that I may be able to get that button back. Anybody got any ideas???

Android 6.0 on a Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro 4

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I gave it permission to auto-start, but am afraid to restart the phone in case that would prevent us from pulling it back up.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Are you sure it's still installed?

Go into the play store and search it. It will show if it's installed. You can launch it from in there to confirm if her progress is still saved.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
You my friend, are a #ing genius!!!!!!!
You will be receiving tits for three kings day, and I will reap the rewards here

See, I did not even think of that. Now, I am certain we can figure a way out to get the button back on screen.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So I assume it's installed and opening it from the store link still has everything there.

If you go into your apps icon list try to search for it. If you find it you can hold on the icon and drop it back onto one of your home pages.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
The Xioami phone does not work that way, as the interface uses a proprietary barebones interface. Not a single piece of bloatware came with this phone, especially damn facebook which is on everything sold in the states and impossible to remove. I imported direct from Asia. This phone is usually sold retail in India, China, and other central asian states. You never see it in the US unless somebody is smart and sells the imports at a flea market stall or their corner store. It does not have an app list like domestic phones that I can see everything that is not on one of the many home screens. It is why I had to go to the settings and look under installed apps at first to see if it was still loaded, which thankfully it was. It could be another feature I just am not sure how to access though, none of the paperwork came in English.

I will have to figure it out tomorrow. Im getting really tired though and she just stopped playing. I got to go to sleep as I have a full 8 hours of being shot at with paint tomorrow. Seriously dude, you just helped her not end the year on a bad note. Everything is there and working fine now. for now she is accessing it through the play store. Which is for the better because angry girl wont try to delete because her brother wants a turn to play. Man kids are a handful. And she wonders why I don't buy my own cell phone.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You can try this, just read it on a website, can't confitm

First enter "lite mode"

Go to Settings > Lite Mode
Tap on toggle to ON
Click OK to Reboot the device.

once in lite mode ....select add apps to home screen...then exit from lite mode ....now all apps visible in home screen

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
I am unable to find this Lite Mode. I gone under every part of settings, I can't find Lite mode. Could this be an exclusive setting to specific models?

top topics

join