It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 very reasonable laws the Hebrew God requests of the gentiles..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The seven Noahide laws as traditionally enumerated are the following:[7]

Not to worship idols.
Not to curse God.
To establish courts of justice.
Not to commit murder.
Not to commit adultery or sexual immorality.
Not to steal.
Not to eat flesh torn from a living animal.

According to Judaism.. these are all that gentiles are required to do to go to heaven..

Far more logical and kinda the exact opposite from Christianities “you just have to believe in jesus..”
edit on 29-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Congratulations! Your over-simplification of both Judaism and Christianity should prove quite offensive to both.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Let me preface this by saying that I am NOT religious. I do NOT interpret the creative force(whatever that is) of the universe via a religious lens at all.

The Commandments of God are not a checklist of prerequisites to enter the Kingdom of God.

The Commandments are a list of laws by which all other law is derived. There is MUCH MORE to morality, ethics, and justice than an enumerated list of Commandments can cover, in order to qualify to be in the presence of the Lord.

I think you should spend more time reading and listening than dictating to others how they shall interpret their faith.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I ate a live smelt one time, but I did not chew it so I am safe. I just slid it down my throat like a seagul. It did not like it when it got into my stomach, it bounced around for about two minutes before dying. I didn't throw it up. I did not like the idea of biting the head off the first smelt caught either, that is gross. So I swallowed it whole in front of my two friends.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Get up from your knees

Stand your ground

Be free

Thats enough.

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
The seven Noahide laws as traditionally enumerated are the following:[7]

Not to worship idols.
Not to curse God.
To establish courts of justice.
Not to commit murder.
Not to commit adultery or sexual immorality.
Not to steal.
Not to eat flesh torn from a living animal.

According to Judaism.. these are all that gentiles are required to do to go to heaven..

Far more logical and kinda the exact opposite from Christianities “you just have to believe in jesus..”

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

ummm....
first there's the do not bear false witness in the ten commandments...
and then there's the other part in the bible that says quite bluntly that all liars will have their place in the lake of fire...

convenient how that is left out of your list...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Welp. I'm going to hell.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Um..

According to Judaism those are the laws.. for gentiles, that is not an oversimplification..

They are not complex laws...

As far as Christianity, that is the central rap concept and one nonnegotiable variable.

You can be a child molester and repent and believe I jesus, and your good..

Judaism requires good works.. not faith in anything really.. at least not for gentiles.

Christianity specifically says your works (actions don’t matter) it is only your faith that counts..

Which I think a lot find VERY convenient...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

In Christianity or Judaism??

You have to state which you are talking about or I cannot reply.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The Ten Commandments are for Jews I think, not for gentiles.

The Jewish religion has a far easier path for gentiles.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

If we consider your words so far, as your works, you are one of the Hellbound.

Christianity specifically says your works (actions don’t matter) it is only your faith that counts.

I’m not even a Christian, but your lies are offensive even to me.
bible.knowing-jesus.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Not by works !

Getting into heaven is not about doing this or that.

You have to be chosen and selected.

You can be as bad as the devil.

God can still "forgive" you, and take you in.

That's the whole thing about Christianity. By the grace of God, man gets entry to heaven.

See, when God "forgives" and "wipes away sin", all those sins become irrelevant.

Even the Old Testament says exactly the same thing: Jeremiah 31:33-34

God is the ultimate grand architect. He does everything.

Men believe they are powerful, and say to themselves "I did this, and I did that".

But, all things are the works of God.

Praise God for all the good things in your life, and pray that he take away the bad.

Because neither can man do good on is own, nor can man avoid evil by his own power.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Christianity specifically says your works (actions don’t matter) it is only your faith that counts..

That is patently false and shows a willingness to lie on your part.

John 3:18

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

James 2:14

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Oh look a requirement:

Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

There are MANY references to actions in place of words and intentions. Many.

You have chosen to lie and wallow in your own ignorance. You chose to chastise the faithful on their faith and now have a non-believer showing you how pathetically wrong you are.

Did you just start this thread to bash the religious? Shouldn't you know more than you do in order to be well armed enough against people who know their faith? Pick your battles kid. You're an embarrassment.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

In Christianity or Judaism??

You have to state which you are talking about or I cannot reply.

It applies to both.

If you want to keep playing games that's fine. You're just outting yourself for the ignorant troll you are.
edit on 29 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

And Paul says all that matters is faith..

www.str.org...

It is a hotly debated topic amongst Christian scholars..with countless people falling on both sides..

REGUARDLESS..

Faith is the primary concern..

No works matter without faith, correct???

But faith matters, even if you don’t even have the ability to do good works..

Judaism = works>faith...

Christianity = faith > works.

People just don’t like that played out to its logical conclusion.. and a conclusion that is constantly manifested as everyone in jail finds jesus.. even the rapists and child molestors..

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm going out on a huge limb here and assuming you have not read the Bible.
You make two fundamental mistakes;
1. Salvation is not works based you can not influence God through your actions, Faith bears out good works naturally last any man boast.
2. Jesus addresses the issue of eating certain things and, he himself, calls it a none issue.

Who do I take heed of?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Exactly..

But in Judaism it is by works , not faith..

As you can see belief in god is not required. All that is required is not cursing the Hebrew god, and not worshiping idols.

Plus all the stuff about killing and stealing..

Aka works >faith..

That sure is convenient for all the wealthy aristocrats who spent their lives raping and pillaging..

Just a little repentance and belief in jesus and all that goes away..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join