It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incoherent, authoritarian, uninformed: Trump’s New York Times interview is a scary read

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Well... it's not quite like that... but yes. The Executive can brand an individual or individuals as "enemy combatants" or "enemies of the state" and disappear their asses.

I didn't mention it because I don't think it's actually legal. It would be a special kind of irony though, if some of these Swamp Critters ended up "gitmoed" under NDAA Section 1021, signed by Obama on New Years Eve 2011.

He got sued by a number of journalists (Hedges v Obama) and the journalists essentially won, and a judge ruled on it. Her ruling was stopped with a STAY, and the issue has been frozen since.

When Obama signed this, and other abuses of Civil Liberties, that Bush/Cheney couldn't have ever gotten away with... the alarm was sounded... because they were patently unconstitutional and the terrible risk in giving the Executive that kind of power... but the left was too busy sucking Obama's c**k and worshipping at his throne to pay it much mind.

Same thing when Obama "legalized" assassinating Americans without due process, or showing evidence. Again... His worshipers didn't give it much mind.

Could be a helluva ironic few years if the useful idiots from the previous administration end up being tried under authoritarian rules signed into being by Obama.
edit on 30-12-2017 by dasman888 because: edit

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have to ask, what is the left going to run on in 2018, 2020, etc?

Is it going to be higher taxes and open borders?

I'm asking the hard-core anti-Trump people.

What platform are you going to run on that will contrast with Trump?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I have to ask, what is the left going to run on in 2018, 2020, etc?

Is it going to be higher taxes and open borders?

I'm asking the hard-core anti-Trump people.

What platform are you going to run on that will contrast with Trump?

They dont know... but I know what they will be running IN... MEDICAL BOOTS.

They’re all the rage on the left! Lol

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
DOJ is an executive branch department under the full control of the president.

So yes, he’s correct.

Amazes me how ignorant lefties are as to how the system actually works...
edit on 30-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Whining, name calling, no real plan other than "Hate Trump". You know....the usual.

www.youtube.com...

[ can't get the video to embed. you're not really missing anything you haven't heard 1000 times before, but I guess you could watch it for the massive eye roll factor ]

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

In all honesty though, platforms don’t really matter to the left, do they?

Don’t they want to be anti-Trump just for the sake of being anti-Trump? Don’t they just want to bitch about everything no matter how trivial? They care more about what individual words are used rather than what they mean when strung together to form actual sentences and concepts.

I’m sure they have to push someone on stage that no one is familiar with a la obama so their base can build that false hope & change mantra again!

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I wonder if that's enough for them to carry an election.

In the past I would have laughed at the idea, but with so much social media, so many lies, and people being (basically) dumber, I could see leftists winning on the "Trump is evil" platform.

Our freedoms, our liberties are our to give up, and it looks as if people are wanting to give up freedoms, rights.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Well they have to run on anti-Trump because he’s so devisive and ‘loud’, the rest of their agenda will amount to their typical propaganda... the catering to minorities/inclusion, women, healthcare, anti-gun rubbish. All the while lying about how the right feels about each of those particular topics.

All we need to do is counter with “hey, look at the years and years of DNC corruption—is that what you want to revive? Are you people that stupid?”

And the left will happily scream to the sky, “hell yes!”

edit on 3412x6734America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

The problem with quoting opinions from the FBI and CIA is they have just about zero credibility. Especially when it comes to Trump.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

By then just being " not trump" should be enough. it is today...

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Yeah boy... Lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Did the trick in Virginia, in Alabama and in New jersey. I see a trend.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah boy... Lol.

Do you disagree with the statement from projectvxn ?

DOJ is an executive branch department under the full control of the president.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Only since trump. Before him they were respected. After he's arrested and locked up they will be respected again. It's only him and his lies that put them where they are right now but his lies won't stand the test of time. His only desire is to discredit any agency looking into his dealings. Because he's a crook. Everybody that opposes him gets a derogatory name and label and are summarily slandered via tweet or speech. Because he's a child and deals in childish ways. Because he's a chicken because he cannot have anyone look too closely. They will see what a sham he is. He's broke. He couldn't get a loan from any credible bank in the USA. They wouldn't touch him. He defaults. He cheats and he lies.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

By then just being " not trump" should be enough. it is today...

That's pathetic.

But not surprising.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Only since trump. Before him they were respected.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I was referring to the lefties are ignorant comment you offered as defense for a statement.

Soooo.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Of course you don't believe that. trump told you so and that's good enough.
edit on 12302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I was referring to the lefties are ignorant comment you offered as defense for a statement.

Soooo.

If lefties were not ignorant to the fact that POTUS controls the DOJ, this whole thread would not be here. Simple logic.

edit on 30-12-2017 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yep, back in 2002...Trump told me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join