It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D Is for Deceased - Sue Grafton is Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sue Grafton has passed away after a battle with cancer.

She was 77.

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer just posted this statement on his social media page:

"The world has lost a great talent and prolific author in Sue Grafton — and in Louisville we have lost a citizen, friend, neighbor, a master gardener and hometown hero. Her legacy will live on through her words, which will entertain and thrill readers for generations to come."

I never read her books, but I think everyone was aware of their popularity. There are many people who will miss her pen.
edit on 29-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wow!!!!!
I did read her books...loved and read most of the alphabet books, although in later years they seemed to get more and more political.
But they were great stories, usually with some social commentary.
www.facebook.com...

And, who doesn't love a female private eye!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Read all of them several times researching a dictionary based on her work. Decent books filled with detail. Sorry she did not get to "Z is for Zero."

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I just picked up the "X" book....it's been a while since I have read any of her material.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sue Grafton has passed away after a battle with cancer.

She was 77.

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer just posted this statement on his social media page:

"The world has lost a great talent and prolific author in Sue Grafton — and in Louisville we have lost a citizen, friend, neighbor, a master gardener and hometown hero. Her legacy will live on through her words, which will entertain and thrill readers for generations to come."

I never read her books, but I think everyone was aware of their popularity. There are many people who will miss her pen.

That sucks. I've never read her books but my girlfriend's a big mystery book fan. She has most of the alphabet books. She was hoping to get them all we have a shelf just for those ones.

top topics

join