It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberace : liberated America of Great depression, a Prodigy Child & Star Performer, 30 yrs dead.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yes, I totally agree it sounds pretty funny for Stupid it was, I think that's Historians of the future will tell about 2016 campaign in books, but don't fotget people 'honestly' believed Mexico was going to pay for it!

The point is that they told us long in advance they were Not going to do so and we should be really naive to believe the contrary.

Now, the same people were said to that Gay Civil rights are so much costly for the Country, remember their motu:

why tax payers must pay benefits for same gender couples?

That's also incredibly Stupid, since that's the very same people that discriminate gays and Lesbians for having a promiscuous life!

They are as hypocriticals as the Pharisees Christ complained saying were loading the peoples backs in a way they are not willing even to put a finger to hold the load!

Liberace as well as Sinatra worked all their brilliant careers to demolish walls between cultures, and discrimination, they both realized xenophobia and racism set back not only arts but civilization in general.

In particular Liberace was aware that it is so false the claim that only bad things come from the Latin-American world.

1969: Liberace playing Cumana, Cumbanchero and Malaguena

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/30/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
What are you talking about?

That Sinatra was a much better performer then Liberace. It wasn't a long sentence, not sure why you are so confused.

And he dogs him in record sales:

Sinatra, 150+million albums sold, Sloberace, not on the list.

edit on 30-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️ 💓 🧀 🍕

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Pfft. You're all forgetting about a legend, a superstar, a pure hero of the music world.

This guy....

Now, he might not have sold quite as many albums as Sinatra, but hands down beats Liberace. Plus he’s a almost a god

edit on 30122017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

While Wolfie was admittedly a musical genius he is not an American so therefore cannot be considered 'the greatest performer ever born in America' like a one Mr. Francis Albert Sinatra.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You know, he owed so much his success to the Argentinian Gay Star Carlos Gardel that he visited his tomb the day after his memorable concert in the Luna Park of Buenos Aires in 1981.

It is true that Sinatra was 4 years older than Liberace, but he was never a child prodigy, he was discovered later by Gardel, but they were never rivals, each one respected the other.

As a matter of fact Liberace became in 1955 the best paid entertainer of the world in the Sinatra suite at the Rivera Hotel of Las Vegas.

Pls check

Liberace got highest fame rank at Sinatra Suite of The Riviera in las Vegas

when Libarace outmuscled Sinatra!

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 12/30/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TerryDon79

While Wolfie was admittedly a musical genius he is not an American so therefore cannot be considered 'the greatest performer ever born in America' like a one Mr. Francis Albert Sinatra.

Oh. I didn’t know you were just doing Americans.

In that case, I give you Mr. Bing Crosby.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
...but he was never a child prodigy...

Who cares? Sinatra was a better singer, arranger, producer, actor, entertainer and by far had the more succesful career.

It's not even close. Hell, Justin Beiber sold more albums that Liberace.

Justin. Bieber. Let that sink in.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You know who else beats Liberace?

Britney Spears, child prodigy.

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
In that case, I give you Mr. Bing Crosby.

Bing was great but even he cannot stand up to Sinatra. Sinatra and Nelson Riddle completely reworked the Great American Song Book in the 1950's producing hit after hit and changing Jazz vocals forever. Crosby never really changed his style and always remained a bit of a crooner.

link   

Wow. Sad.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I’m 50/50 on that.

While I do love a bit of Sinatra, Cosby just has a special place in my cold, black, heart.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I’m 50/50 on that.

While I do love a bit of Sinatra, Cosby just has a special place in my cold, black, heart.

It's cool. I like them both and personal preferences shouldn't be judged.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Wow. Sad.

Yep.

There’s also some white black dude called Michael Jackson.

Even TayTay has done better.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yep.

Jackson had an admittedly extraordinary career and I could see the argument if someone wanted to put him up against Sinatra. Frank was a better actor but Jackson's stage performances were epic.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yep.

Jackson had an admittedly extraordinary career and I could see the argument if someone wanted to put him up against Sinatra. Frank was a better actor but Jackson's stage performances were epic.

Musically, I prefer Sinatra, hands down. Acting too.

But like you said, stage performance and career would have to go to MJ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join