It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberace : liberated America of Great depression, a Prodigy Child & Star Performer, 30 yrs dead.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear Readers

It is difficult to Let 2017 ends without give tribute to the greatest performer ever born in America, Wladziu Valentino Liberace, who died in Palms Springs California 30 years ago.

Born in Wisconsin by 1919 from a workers class parents of Italian and Polish Ancestry, he was a child prodigy, developing a stellar career as Pianist, singer, dancer and actor.

His effort along four decades of immense fame for popularize Classical compossers, as well as to elevate to classic standards popular music in the show scene deserves recognition.

Please check

Malaguena by Liberace

Tchaikovsky piano concert 1 in B flat by Liberace

The blue Danube of J.Strauss by Liberace

14th Hungarian Rapsodia of F.Listz by Liberace

La cucaracha by Liberace

Moon Night Sonata of Beethoven by Liberace

Chopin's Nocturne in F Sharp by Liberace

Living in these times where it seems the best of the American Music and performing arts is well back to us, in a past when films were more interested into promote culture Instead of violence, it is good to remember when a talent like Liberace's, as it was done before during the WWI crisis by his counterpart in the Dance scene the Nebraskan Fred Astaire, appeared from No where coming from the very common people to enlighten the American popular Culture, giving a lot of fresh air to breath to the National soul just during the Great depression.

Liberace understood that music is the universal language and through it is possible to tire down walls between cultures that if prevail menace to boost a collapse if human civilization, under exacerbated nationalisms that may collide with catastrophic consequences.

Pls check

Mexican Medley by Liberace

Saber Dance of Kamchaturian by Liberace

Thanks for your attention

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/29/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

He also assisted many children even having them live with him.

He had AIDS. Three of his proteges also died of AIDS as he did himself.

Perhaps not a nice man at all.

He could sing and dance a little.

He would not be on my pedastool.

P

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Your reply only reveals to me your narrow mentality and judgemental prejudgements against certain minorities that it is quite clear you reject and condemn.

As a matter of fact the Liberace foundation along decades after his death has granted a lot of scholarships to gifted children to pursue careers in music that didn't have other sources of sponsorships.

We are here discussing his major contributions to the American culture , Not his very private life that only to him concerned.

Mr Liberace was along all his public life an extremely discrete person and respectful of all kind of people and morality.

Your irrelevant comments have a so clear demonizing tone that reveals more about your points of view than anything substantial about his life.

What is your coward point here? That he might have homosexual or bisexual preferences?

Isaac Newton, Leonardo da Vinci, MiguelAngelo, Raphael d' Urbino, Piotr Tchaikovsky, Socrates, Plato, Achilles, Alexander the Great, Vaslav Nijinsky, Sergei Diaghilev, Rudolf Nureyev, Blas Pascal etc etc....were all likely to be so, and who cares about that?

It is their contribution to civilization what really matters, please keep your xenophobia to yourself.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You said.

Mr Liberace was along all his public life an extremely discrete person and respectful of all kind of people and morality.

I said,

Three of his proteges also died of AIDS as he did himself.

That is not respectful to others. Giving young people AIDS does not show any respect.

P

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well, you assume he was the vector of such infection, how are you so sure of that? That hypothesis has not been fully substanciated.

As matter of fact the Lawsuits based on it against him were settled down for juicy monetary compensations, why if was so clear the responsibility involved on them?

He could be the victim not only of to be infected in first term but also to be extorted by his executioner, who might have compensated him and the other two innocent victims of the situation.

Liberace had along all his public life a really tied work agenda, he was not the person to live a promiscuous life, there was No time for that.

Anyone of those young men could certainly have transmitted the Aids to him, the one that got more money from him was a confessed drug addict, aids can be acquired through drugs addiction, exchanging injectors with not sterilized needles not just only sex.

It was a time of a pandemics in America, so why only Liberace in all USA must be the sole responsible?

Let me guess, just because he was famous and had money enough to be sued by gold diggers?

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I believe your aesthetics are significantly different from my own. To me, a guy who can't tell you squat about concertos or classical composers, Liberace was an old dude who had a parlor act adults chuckled about in Vegas when I was a little kid then a running gag reference for Adam Sandler on Saturday Night Live humor songs.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
Anyone of those young men could certainly have transmitted the Aids to him

"The Aids"

I think the primary point was that the man was likely a homosexual child molester.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There was No evidence at all of that situation , he was never sued for Children molesting.

I believe you are falling in some sort of legal trick of one of his supposed lovers who after many years to be with him, when he saw the relationship already ended, not before, claimed it was started when he was 16, but Mr Liberace lawyer was able to show it actually began after he was 18.

Again this is a thread of outstanding musical talent, moreover of the most famous American Child prodigy , and his artist career Not about tabloids stories written to sell low circulation newspapers.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I believe you are falling in some sort of legal trick of one of his supposed lovers who after many years to be with him, when he saw the relationship already ended, not before, claimed it was started when he was 16, but Mr Liberace lawyer was able to show it actually began after he was 18.

He may or may not have waited for the right age under the law ... but ... how many years did he groom the young ones ... which is against the law.

He may be your hero ... he is not mine.

P

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

moreover of the most famous American Child prodigy

It is beyond a stretch to consider the man more famous than Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Herbie Hancock, or Stevie Wonder to name but a few actual American musical prodigies.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Well, he came into scene clearly before many of the people you are mentioning, they were not even yet born by that time.

Liberace opened a path that others walked after him, that is not necessarily bad after all, but his legacy in promoting culture is undisputable.

When Michael Jackson died he was clearly far from his best moment, who talks in our days of Steave Wonder?

This man died in the peak of his fame and he was 68!

Look his videos, he started when movies were black and white and was still having permanent alive shows from Las Vegas many years after the TV Color via Satellite became transmitted.

It is disgusting to see that we are more than a year after that dam political campaign that sent this country toward so many internal divisions, and people still think that the first part a public person must be judged from is his private life and any possible gold digger crossed his way.

This is a forum of music, of cultural expressions, Not one of how to fabricate scandals to people we don't like.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/30/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Nice men got aids too you know. It's not like it's a disease against evil or something.
What an ugly thing to say. Lots of gay men were lost in the early days of aids because they did not know about the disease. It was discovered when a lot of men started dying in the early eighties.
Liberace was not a pedifile. He was a gay man. He was with adults.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Where do you get that he gave young people aids. He did not have sex with children and like I said the disease was spread pretty quickly in those days because they didn't know what it was or how it spread. He sure didn't give it to people on purpose.

Your feelings and views have been noted.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

No he wasnt.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think the predominant thought around here is that gay men are pedos.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Of course remember that they are unnatural montruosities according with the same squared minded people that opposed a century ago the advance of women in society and the rights of African Americans or Native Americans until half a century ago.

They don't care at all that every time we solve a dynamics or classical mechanics problem we use equations devised by a gay man, Sir Isaac Newton, or every time we read the book of Daniel at Church we can know the feelings of a Gay Prophet about God, and don't even mention when we read the Revelation book.

Xenophobia and reactionary fascist mentality, not trully Judeo Christian values are what justifies their crusade against Liberace.

Becareful since soon they are going to come to claim the book of Psalms must be supressed too, since its author had a so famous affair with a Prince of Israel before to be he annointed as a King if the Jews, in spite of bus fame in History of womanizer.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the beautiful music, and think I will revisit this thread again tomorrow evening, when I come home from the pub after the New Year!

I was diagnosed with HIV in 2004 (although I sex with men, in South Africa it was also pretty much a heterosexual epidemic).
Been on ARVs for two years, and my viral load is now undetectable (never shied away from discussing or posting my pics in the appropriate forums on ATS).
Been celibate since my diagnosis, and totally open, although I had a few romantic flings with both men and women since then.

I'm still very interested in the early days of when the virus became apparent, so I like doccies and clips on, for example, Rock Hudson, Liberace or Freddie Mercury.
No proof I've seen that they ever gave HIV to anybody else, and the stigma at that time was indescribable.

Thank you for sharing the music!

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

...the greatest performer ever born in America...

Was this guy:

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well,

That was another Italian American guy that after years spending his youth in criminal activities and living in troubles at the underworld where he was born, he had the incredible good luck to have called the attention of the Argentinian Star Carlos Gardel.

The Argentinian Tango divo, who was Gay or Bi, depending which biographer you read, although a closeted one, told him that he had talent to do something else with his life.

Pls check

when Sinatra met Gardel

Since when he was reaching the age of almost 20 Sinatra was not even sure what he was doing to do for living, how he could be the greatest American Child Prodigy?

What are you talking about?

Sinatra inspired by Gardel, a little unknown Story

Ooops, I forgot that the same people that hate gay culture were the ones that voted for a tax reform to collect money from all of us to build a useless wall to separate us from the rest of the continent, specially the one that speak Spanish.

The Angel of Lighteness

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Ooops, I forgot that the same people that hate gay culture were the ones that voted for a tax reform to collect money from all of us to build a useless wall to separate us from the rest of the continent, specially the one that speak Spanish.

Now this is funny and stupid all wrapped up in one neat package.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join