It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL vs. College football...just curious...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I will admit that if Sean Coombs actually makes good on his talk of buying the Panthers and making Kaepernick the QB, I might watch some of the sheer entertainment value of the world discovering that affirmative action does not work in the NFL.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockhndr
Go sit in your emptying stands....unlike "talking points" the boycott is speaking for itself....let the NFL die a slow death....ACTIONS speak louder than words....and Sundays cancellation? Speaks VOLUMES.....Overpaid bunch of whiny a$$ children I say....and you go ahead and whine-ass with them....now, open the bunker head, and climb out of your Momma's basement.....a reply to: luthier

WHy is Nascar declining?

Oh and a special forces officer got him to neal..

Lol. You talk like a twelve year old.

I guess you only support soldiers who think like you.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: luthier

People want sports, not politics.

Thanks to networks like ESPN and wonderful tards like Bob Kostas who seem to think we want their political opinions aired, people can't even get away from politics when they watch their favorite sports. Nope.

You will be made to care, and when they figure out where people have run to to get away from them and their lecturing and badgering after they've destroying sports, they'll follow us there too.

I agree.

I watched all year and never saw a single protest.

The only time I hear about it is in the media, politics, or ats.

For real. Not once have I seen an NFL protest all year and watched every week. Maybe because they were .00005 percent of the games on TV.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Problem is that you don't have to see about it. The media is good enough to make sure you knew.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Nah. My TV changes channels just fine.

It also has a volume control.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I was talking to a 12 year old, my mistake....so Kaepernick sits down with Nate Boyer (ONE PERSON) and then just decides that this ONE person is the end-all, cure-all, and has the answer for EVERYONE?? Boyer is ex-NFL...what was your point exactly? Neither Kaepernick, NOR Boyer, SPEAK for ME, or anyone else for that matter....The stands say it all....and the stands are emptying....FAST.....TWO people do NOT make up a majority.....and just as an add? Boyer only convinced Kaepernick to Kneel Rather than SIT....it was ALL on Kaepernick, he was going to do it anyway, only he was going to SIT...rather than kneel....a reply to: luthier

edit on 29-12-2017 by rockhndr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Nah. My TV changes channels just fine.

It also has a volume control.

So you endorse the boycott then? That is what it's called when you change the channel as most many people did.

Of course, generally speaking, with college games we listen to the alma's announcers anyhow on radio when we can. They know the players on both sides of the ball and are much better at calling the action then even the TV guys most times. Like the bowl game which was the Jeff Rosen Bowl between "that team" and Jeff Rosen U played in Jeff Rosen, AZ, this year.

All the ESPN broadcast team could do was show Jeff Rosen on the sidelines and whine about how he couldn't play because of his concussion and how highly rated a draft prospect he was. They even showed him and jawed over him while the actual game was playing.

They did talk about how we have an openly gay O-Lineman and then spent an obscene amount of time going on about that as if it needed any more time being talked about than it got when the team released it and went on with life early in August. It's not like we have Daniel Sams over there kissing his boyfriend.

That's about when we turned them off entirely because then it was more Jeff Rosen with a side of Chip Kelly and not very much football at all.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

No I just don't listen to the media.

I watched every week.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

I could care less.

And all of my veteran friends say the same.

Why are the Nascar stands empty....

Hmmm..

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
And just so you know, Nascar is declining due to too many regs....everyone running the same....It USE to be a sport based on mechanical knowledge (secrets) that some Pit crews have that others may not....I'm tired of them leveling and "evening" out the scales there too...dirt tracks were and ARE where that sport is at...I have NO beef with you, Luthier we see things from opposite sides of the coin, shall we call Truce? My OP was only ever a question of whether NFL watchers went over to College FB....Life is just TOO short, we ALL have enemies we deal with on a daily basis...I am sincere in my apology for sounding like an absolute sh*t within my OWN opinion....willing to do the same Luthier?.....a reply to: luthier

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
And yes, I am quietly respecting your opinion....I respect others opinions, just form it in other ways than "Attack" ya' know?? LOLOL!! We may NOT agree....that's ok....but I refuse to keep defending something that is only within my own thoughts and opinions....and has NOTHING to do with facts....we sit on opposite sides, that's ok...I'd still bring you food if you were hungry

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Yes truce. Peace. It's fine.

I am a wrestling coach so I get protective of athletes who worked and often came from nothing. Some of these players get their first steady meal and roof in college.

But I also think it's an ignorant protest. I just don't think it's as big a deal as its made out to be. It's a tiny fraction of players.

But I can respect your point of view.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
LOLOL!!! I use to be the wrestling manager of my team back in HS....Ya' I know, no biggie, but ironic!! LOL...Peace be with you!...and now I must go think on what I may have learned tonight.... ;-) a reply to: luthier

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Personally, it's an insult to the paying fan. Simple. Do good work in the community or donate? Applause. Kneel during the anthem? Middle finger.

Just in case you were confused rather than making silly talking points.....

So less than 1 percent of players kneel and it's a boycott situation?

Who is making silly talking points?

Better not use the interent it's full of morons...

Well, the NFL office wouldn't permit tributes to 9/11 and did nothing in response to insulting the fan base.

The players can do...or not do as they please without action from the league, so can we.

If you have a problem with that, that's your problem, not a talking point. By the way, CFB is more entertaining.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm still a huge fan of the NFL. I did disagree with the way the protest was done but I'd be a huge hypocrite if I cried and whined with the kneeling. I don't stand for the Anthem when sitting on my couch to watch a game. Usually I carry on with something else until it is over. The NFL should have stepped in right away and put a end to it. It simply states in the player conduct policy that anything detrimental to the game will not be tolerated and could result in fines and suspension.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I was a collegiate athlete, so I am not knocking the players per se although I do think it's ridiculous that so many think the best way to protest something is by protesting a thing that has nothing to do with what they think they're protesting. But then again, just being an athlete is no guarantee of great intellect or logical ability. I also am familiar with that.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I was a collegiate athlete, so I am not knocking the players per se although I do think it's ridiculous that so many think the best way to protest something is by protesting a thing that has nothing to do with what they think they're protesting. But then again, just being an athlete is no guarantee of great intellect or logical ability. I also am familiar with that.

athlete iq test

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I gave up on the Giants in week 3 since the looming disaster of this season was apparent and for the record I don't think I've ever watched a college football game.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I haven't followed NFL in years although I did tune in to a few games this year as following graduates after being drafted and we watch the super bowl usually. Friday and Saturday are the football days in my house, then of course the upcoming bowl games. I follow the SEC, the closest, of course with the ACC a cool second. There's usually a basketball game on on one of the rooms, still prefer high school/college sports.
It may have something to do with the area that I live in but I see way more support, fandom or whatever for college teams than the NFL even before the 'kneeling' and 'boycotting'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join