It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies Race To Develop Marijuana Breathalyzer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

A lot of people are just stupid. I imagine some people have trouble driving on mj. I also imagine they don't drive when they are because they don't like to. It's not like you're drunk , you can still use your brain. I think it should be legal. I'm sure drinking a coffee or talking on the cellphone is way more dangerous. I think duic is about as dangerous as picking your nose while driving.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

That reminds me of a bit by the late great Bill Hicks, something about how not only should mj be legalized but should be mandatory. Classic stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Or this could be a total conspiracy to fine people and tax them in others ways.

Thoughts?

nope. Once you can test for "high right now", it opens the door for relaxation of anti-pot rules in the workforce and military. At this point, I believe the proverbial "genie" is out of the bottle and the vast population now understands that Pot isn't the killer drug Reefer Madness made it out to be.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I don't like your idea one bit. If my phone rings I can pull over side of road and take the call. But if it works like you want i could miss out on a lot of sales or possibly some family emergency. No your idea sucks imo

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I have heard of some Swedish company were making these maybe year or 2 back. Knew it wouldn't be long before they were here

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
LOL,sounds like one of Brown's liberal buddys came up with some new device,just because liquor show's up in breathalizer,different compound,I'm sure will raise taxes to pay for this,can't wait till I move

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Pride will make people say that it doesn't impair their driving.
The same pride that makes people claim they drive better when drunk.

I NEVER drive when drinking or smoking.
The first time I drove high I realized how dangerous it was.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Pride will make people say that it doesn't impair their driving.
The same pride that makes people claim they drive better when drunk.

I NEVER drive when drinking or smoking.
The first time I drove high I realized how dangerous it was.

That’s untrue... it has nothing to do with pride. Medical marijuana is used to combat anxiety and stress... as well as ADHD. It can actually help a driver to stay focused and calm.

It is stubborn pride in some that will not acknowledge the positive attributes to driving under the influence of a drug that helps some drive better.

Should they have road test swabs for ritalin ? Or so many others that patients use for anxiety and depression?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Given the choice of riding in a car with a driver that is high on marijuana or a driver that is drunk on alcohol....
I'll ride with the high person, thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Sheye

That being said, they should make it so your cell phone WONT work while inside a car. IF IT'S SUPPOSEDLY ABOUT SAFETY!!!!! It's NEVER about safety. IT'S ABOUT MONEY. Start there!

What if your car breaks down in a storm or drives into a flooded road and you need to call for help? If it is cold outside, you need to keep the engine running. Same with heat. Then you need the air conditioning running.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join