It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The deadly dishwasher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A 31 year old woman is taken Monklands General Hospital in Scotland after a freak accidents with the dishwasher.She died moments later after arriving in the hospital.

Source:
news.bbc.co.uk...

I find it weird that the RoSPA(Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) are sending out warnings to people and dishwasher manufactures that "there is danger from the dishwashers"

What's your take on this?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
My take on it is that it's what's called an "isolated incident." And, warrants no further thought or discussion.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have never had any problems with my dishwasher...........................but she has dropped a few glasses.

Sorry never very PC.............................but makes me giggle..

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
...but she has dropped a few glasses.

You take your dishwasher on the high seas frequently?

So this incident has been documented to have occurred to two people in this great dishwashing world of ours, and it warrants investigation and safety concerns? I could see if maybe it was the same model dishwasher.....

Anyways...If you're dumb enough to put your knives tip-side up in the dishwasher then you deserve some kind of punishment....okay...maybe not death - lol -

These are the same type of people I've worked with in restaurants who disregard all warnings not to place knives in soapy water- They put themselves and others at risk when someone goes to reach in the sink....

Speaking of restaurants, let's talk about how many kitchens I've worked in that never gave me safety precautions on using an industrial dishwasher.....

top topics

join