It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change The facts some people can't wrap their around

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Funny the items you cited don’t get corrected when they are used to frighten people into action.

It was facts purposely out of context by the left to create false arguments used to push people into action. Is that a false statement?

Second. Was the early prediction true? Has there be a total void of ice at the North Pole during the summer months?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Climate Change deniers have their moment now just like the flat earthers had their moment and every ignorant group of the past had theirs.

What I mean is, if you’re determined to be a dumb Nazi, at least do it in the early 40s in Nazi Germany.

Now is the time for Climate Change deniers. The time for their mass ignorance to shine and become the shameful example it is destined to be. Close your minds, deniers. Doubt and mock now while you can before you become written in history as the losers of the past.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

We are now approaching levels of CO2 achieved only twice before in our history

oh...Who's history are you referring to?

edit on 1-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Funny the items you cited don’t get corrected when they are used to frighten people into action.

It was facts purposely out of context by the left to create false arguments used to push people into action. Is that a false statement?

Second. Was the early prediction true? Has there be a total void of ice at the North Pole during the summer months?

I gave you a video that shows the facts - Gore's exact words.

I explained how The Gateway Pundit had omitted the fact that he cited a range - with the end date of 2030 for some period of ice-free summer in the Arctic.

The people taking it out of context are the ones who are smearing someone they disagree with. For years, right-wing sources have said Gore was already wrong, when his range was 5-7 years from the next Arctic summer from December 2009, which would be 2015 to 2017.

If you wish to go by what he said there as the earliest ice-free period, which was misquoting a worst-case projection, then that misquotation was finally incorrect as of this year.

The actual worst-case projection ranged from June 2013 to September 2019 - the beginning of summer at the earliest date and the end of summer at the latest date for the worst-case projection for some period of ice-free Arctic.

The end date for some period of ice-free Arctic during the summer - 2030 - is still quite far off.

You are not owning up to the fact that The Gateway Pundit lied and misled you; have you no decency?
edit on 12Mon, 01 Jan 2018 12:47:59 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: network dudeI know.....what a world these days

But it is as if " the Earth is wearing out like a garmet " I read that

Always wondered if it was permanent.....I'm searching the science of the Earth scrubbing itself of CO2....

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: Byrd

We are now approaching levels of CO2 achieved only twice before in our history

oh...Who's history are you referring to?

This is irrelevant. The Sun becomes brighter and hotter as it ages. Back then solar irradiation was much weaker than now. Different times. Different environments.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I just asked if the early prediction came true? What was the answer?

My main point, failed climate change predictions don’t help your cause. Is that a false statement?

environmentalist-left-has-grapple-its-failed-alarmist-predictions
www.nationalreview.com...

And pointed out that people like you don’t really care about the context of items if it frightens people into action? You don’t care about splinting hairs until it’s pointed out the early prediction was wrong? Have convenient?

And I like how you ignore people have tried to tie earthquakes and volcanic activity to climate change.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Remember, kids, smart people say no to climate science.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Other words, many treat climate change more on faith than unbiased research. And climate change does have a history of failed frightening predictions that was used to try to manipulate human behavior.

Climate change is the movement that cried wolf one to many times.

Bottom line; humanity is going to multiply, suck it up, and deal with a deadly earth/weather like it always has.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth

People trying to scam money doesn't make climate change fake. Despite what the huge oil companies may tell you.

No, continually failed predictions whilst asking for money makes the whole thing no more than a religion.

What predictions by climate scientists are you talking about?

How about the 50m climate refugees by 2010?

How about the actual temperature rises they predicted being way off? You know the key information we are supposed to act upon...since 1988 the estimates have been continually revised down after the initial scaremongering. By 2007, the IPCC had released several models ranging from 1.1 degrees to 6.4 degrees by 2100! Which model is the settled science???? Their 2013 effort was not much better - they just added more models. All of the money and models and their best effort now is... erm, it might have an effect in 83 years time, but it might not. In other words, they don't f****** know, yet the braindead climate change pushers keep droning on about settled science.

Have you actually read "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security" released by the Pentagon in 2003?

How about back in 2000, the Climatic Research Unit's bold claim that the Uk would have no more snow?

Shall we dip into Al Gore's predictions based on the rubbish his scientist friends were feeding him??

We could have an entire thread just on the hapless efforts of these scientists and their spokespeople/puppet masters.

Please, post evidence and links. Specific points that prove your position that climate science is a worldwide scam.

I'll wait.

You asked for predictions that were wrong. I gave them to you.

I am not sure why you are asking me to prove climate science is a worldwide scam. Sounds like a ridiculous departure from the initial question. Climate science is not a worldwide scam, however doomsday merchants are indeed scam artists, evidenced by their failed predictions, not unlike Nibiru freaks selling books.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux
For the last 20,000 years, sea level has risen about 400 feet.
Al Gore says the last two inches is all your fault.

edit on 1-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

J.S. We are on the cusp of a climate shift, known by WSU archeologists as the Altimira Period. They found it digging up a Roman city's ruins, called Italia, in Spain, near modern Altimira, Espana. It shows a flipping every 3500 years. So, two flips in 7000 years. It can flip colder and drier, or warmer and wetter, and it may take two or three hundred years to make up it's mind.

A Geologist, Prof. Roald Fryxell, attatched to the WSU archeology Dept. was trying to tie in the deposits in the Marme Ranch Rock Shelter, with the sediments in the Palouse River bed, there, when their Cat Tractor turned up "Marmes Man". Then the oldest provable human remains in North America. Because of the spiral winds aloft patterns, the weather over the Palouse Prairie, also ends up over Altimira, Spain. Our scientists were back tracking this pattern, all the way to the Palouse. Marmes Man was the icing on the cake.

It's nowhere near as warm today, in our Northern Hemisphere, as it was in the Classical Warm Period, at the time of Ancient Greece, and the Roman Empire. In fact, two volcanic eruptions of Krakatoa, in present day Indonesia, brought the curtain down, and pushed Europe into the Dark Ages. Say volcanic winters, lasting two hundred years.

3500 years ago was around 1500 B.C., and this is the time of the destruction of Thera, and the Hebrew Exodus, from Egypt. Thera's demise, left the sunken caldera, of Santorini, but it didn't knock out the upwind civilizations, such as they were. That these 3500 year cycles coincide with the predicted arrivals of Marduke/Nibaru, is bothersome to say the least.

And to make matters worse, I live in a Graben, which showed active volcanism, 7000 years ago. The great Glacial outwash flood, from Glacial Lake Missoula, wiped every valley's features away, right at 20K years ago. And that includes everything at the Marme's Rockshelter.

Going back another 3500 years, before Thera, shows that a volcano, about 30 miles south of where I live, blew it's top around 12,000 years ago. And I doubt that a quiet Sun is responsible for these kinds of upheavals. If you can get your head around this, then understand that we are constantly in a warming trend, until something bad comes close to our planet, causing volcanic winters, which can last for centuries. And these are not from the Magnetic Poles shifting either.

But indirectly, an impending magnetic pole shift may also weaken the magnetic fields, surrounding the Earth, and let the increased sunlight, cook off much of the vegetation, leaving fewer animals, and more reflecting sunlight, thereby cooling the planet, for a few decades. My take is that these Global Warming Alarmists are a case study of the dangers of "group think". As the Altimira Period begins to shift, or flip, if you will, then our weather will become much more volatile. And while the trend may be either warmer or cooler, it will wreak havoc on Agriculture, for the next Century or two.

And as the now retired climatologist from Canada espoused, Dr. Ball, said warming only pushes the grain belts North 100 miles or so, while sudden cooling, would push Kansas's weather down into the Gulf of Mexico. And of these two, cooler and drier, is much, much, worse.

edit on 1-1-2018 by carpooler because: Magnetics increasing ultraviolet radiation

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler
I'm not sure I want the glaciers back. I've never been the nomadic type walking around in furs.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

The Glaciers never came down into our riverine valleys, in the last Ice Age. It was that colossal Glacier Outwash Flood, which wiped out the remaining Columbia Mammoths, in one fell swoop. But the colder and drier period from 7000 years ago, to the last flip at 3500 years ago, only left a few groves of knarley Joshua like Trees, to mark those years. There's a small surviving grove about 20 miles south of Asotin, on the west bank of the Snake River, and those oldies look like they could survive about anything. But most of them are closer to the Tri Cities, out in the Columbia Basin.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Aren't we still in an ice age?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Ha! the peak of the inter glacial period was probably back at the Classical Warming of Ancient Greece and Rome. Graphs will bump up and down, but I personally think we are slowly gravitating into our next ice age. I won't have to worry about the Gradualism dip, but a catastrophic falling of the temps in the Northern Hemisphere, could bite us in our freezing posteriors.

More important, there's always been a struggle between the gradualist school and the catastrophe school of archeology. IMO, this Global Warming Alarmism is the last gasp of the Gradualist School of thought. I figured? Wrongly, that Shoemaker Levy 9, slamming into Jupiter, put paid to the gradualist s. But they haven't thrown the towel in, just yet. The clinker is that the Gov't won't let professors teach catastrophic archeology in the Colleges. So all of our students have blinders on their eyes. Catastrophe's mean that you live in the moment. And that doesn't fill tax coffers, build militaries, or do anything permanent, if it all ends tomorrow. So TPTB's all have a soft spot for the Gradualism school.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: zikutar

This is irrelevant. The Sun becomes brighter and hotter as it ages. Back then solar irradiation was much weaker than now. Different times. Different environments.

So then you are saying that 1. the sun is more important than CO2, and 2. The effects of CO2 change at a whim from the AGW lunatics. Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
The Climate Change deniers have their moment now just like the flat earthers had their moment and every ignorant group of the past had theirs.

False argument? Quote here who is denying that climate changes.

Is it false there have been large extinction periods without man?

Is it true the earth has drifted in and out of ice ages, and periods of high co2!

It is not known how much of current change is from man, co2, the sun and other variables. Or weather models and predictions would be more accurate.

What people have seen is that politicians have found a new excuse to create spread the wealth policies based on climate change fear mongering. Claiming a potential for a deadly earth? The earth has always caused destruction and death during mans toils.

The earth is not really the cradle of life, it’s more the crucible, forging, and proofing of life.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm>>>> The problem is that those supporting global warming are even more guilty of that kind of conduct and ignorance than those who say there isn't definitive proof that global warming is real. Just this past summer the hurricanes caused an immediate outcry that that was proof that global warming was real. This was after a long stretch of hurricane inactivity that left the global warmers muttering in frustration since they had said that global warming would cause more hurricanes, Then they said that global warming would cause fewer hurricanes. Then they said global warming would cause more snow in winter when some big blizzards started hitting. Then they said global warming would cause more ice at the poles after they were proven wrong about ice decreasing there. But then it wasn't the right kind of ice. Volcanic activity caused ice melt at the south pole and that was due to global warming. They take temperature readings in cities where its going to be hotter than 100 years ago( asphalt and heat go together) and that's global warming. They said that ocean levels would rise but they dropped ever so slightly. They give us projections of 50 years into the future which no one can refute or verify and expect us to take it as fact. All the while they stay silent about who makes money if we pay to stop imaginary problems. I imagine once we spend enough money they'll just stop saying global warming is happening and that the problem has been solved. The fact is that we seem to be getting cooler and that is almost certainly due to solar variations. Sure man has affected the weather to a small extent. If we did try to change our environmental impact we could make a slight change in that slight impact. But we could channel our efforts in other environmental issues and make an even greater impact. We could stop pushing GMO crops and damaging the ecosystem. We could stop the damage that big chemical companies are doing. Clean our water. But that would cost the big moneyed interests and not make them money. I wish the green movement hadn't been hijacked and was still a force for a clean world, but they aren't. So just start throwing snowballs at those who say global warming is real. They deserve it.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

Aren't we still in an ice age?

Ice age is pleistocene. We are now in holocene which started about 10,000 years ago.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join