It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change The facts some people can't wrap their around

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Every winter when it is cold someone spouts off something about oh how do you like this global warming??? I think we should
have never used that term, and should have only used climate change (or something similar) from the start. Some simpletons can only understand the term global warming with extra hot in summer, not the weather instability or long term slow climate changes.

It makes me sad for humanity every time I hear it.
I remember in the early 1990's trying to explain the internet to my friends. They just couldn't understand how it works, it was like magic or something. I think many people feel that way about climate change, since they aren't experiencing it first hand (yet) they don't believe it is real. There is so so so so SO much evidence, real scientific evidence, but for some people they just want to be ignorant, what a shame for us all.

climate.nasa.gov...

www.skepticalscience.com...

+38 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

But it is acceptable to blame climate change every time a hurricane rolls through or when California has another wildfire?

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

And then there are those of us who keep hoping that instead of this being the end of humanity, it's a natural cycle that will adjust as it has for billions of years. It's almost comical to see that we have no alternative to gasoline, and will continue to need to move about, yet continue to be beaten with the selfish stick. Find an alternative, then tell us how evil we are for not embracing it. But #ting on everyone for not self terminating is a defeatist position from the start. Oh, and have a super day.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Oh "we" used the term climate change?

Nope, that is the first product that was sold to us. Then cooling started to happen, then the product had to change.

Every winter when it is cold someone spouts off something about oh how do you like this global warming??? I think we should have never used that term, and should have only used climate change (or something similar) from the start. Some simpletons can only understand the term global warming with extra hot in summer, not the weather instability or long term slow climate changes.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You mean “weather”?

This is getting supremely stupid

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Maybe not "we" maybe "they"

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What Al Gore and his brand of 'Global WARMongers' don't like to talk about are realities such as dubious data, corrupted data, the Urban Heat Island Effect, the weakness of our instrumental temperature record, politically biased scientists, the flaws & limitations of the computer models, histories contrary to the IPCC assertions such as the Little Ice Age, CERN's "CLOUD" findings, or other concepts such as the roles of sublimation & coal dust in glacier degradation. Now this isn't to insist that the earth isn't warming, nor is it to insist that humans have no cause in these effects. The fact is nobody knows what effects a hypothetical doubling of CO2 would cause, how fast a doubling will actually happen, while the reality is there really isn't much we can currently do about it short of imploding the world economy via hasty response in line with establishing the global dictatorship to enforce it. Never mind the world wars that would cause, just the economics bit alone is a big enough story in that hardly nothing destroys the environment and leads to explosive population increases like poverty. Yet we hear the the global warming alarmists push on about destroying capitalism, labeling climate change as "racist", putting climate skeptics in prison and setting up a world government.
edit on 29-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

But it is acceptable to blame climate change every time a hurricane rolls through or when California has another wildfire?

There are many by products of climate change, one of those is increased intensity in storms. That is brought on by increased moisture in the atmosphere, the jet stream shifting into unfamiliar patterns and change in ocean currents.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Jerry Brown blames wildfires on climate change.
NBC News

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

originally posted by: butcherguy

There are many by products of climate change, one of those is increased intensity in storms. That is brought on by increased moisture in the atmosphere, the jet stream shifting into unfamiliar patterns and change in ocean currents.

Increased moisture in the atmosphere causing wildfires in California?
Southern California is normally dry and normally has had wildfires ..... even before humans arrived to change the climate, start fires or even put the fires out.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Every winter when it is cold someone spouts off something about oh how do you like this global warming??? I think we should
have never used that term, and should have only used climate change (or something similar) from the start. Some simpletons can only understand the term global warming with extra hot in summer, not the weather instability or long term slow climate changes.

I remember in the early 1990's trying to explain the internet to my friends. They just couldn't understand how it works, it was like magic or something. I think many people feel that way about climate change, since they aren't experiencing it first hand (yet) they don't believe it is real. There is so so so so SO much evidence, real scientific evidence, but for some people they just want to be ignorant, what a shame for us all.

climate.nasa.gov...

NASA and all of these other entities that agree with this “global warming” are using the numbers from the same study. This study has been shown to have rounded up all of it’s numbers to come to this 2° rise in temps and .032% rise in CO2 levels in water. When the numbers are not fudged, the changes are nominal at best.

The consensus exists only because they are going from the same set of numbers.
edit on 29-12-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Good luck op ATS members are more the stick their heads in the sand type than believe in climate change.
Just like the president.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
How is anyone still falling for this sh..tuff..? Al Gore was so wrong in that movie but yet here you guys are still spouting that same bs.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

climate.nasa.gov...

Part of the problem is that ~250 million acres of CO2 -> O2 filters (aka trees) have been permanently lost to societal infrastructure while carbon emissions have increased. It's no wonder that there's such an increase in filthy air when we keep clear cutting the filters

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Nicely put.

~Morpheus

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

My problem with people stating that it is a FACT is that they do not actually know that it is a fact. It is a theory, it should be able to be adjusted. When it is found that data has been altered - it should be admitted and struck from the theory. But that does not happen.

Another issue is that I am just old enough to remember the same scientific consensus existed in the 1970's and at that time they all said it was a FACT that we were headed into an ice age.

All that being said, whatever the earth decides to do, it isn't really going to give a sheep about how it effects us.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well, I guess the 'simpletons' started off hearing about global cooling, then global warming and now climate change. So you can hardly point the finger at people laughing at the snake oil salesmen pushing all this nonsense. According to scientists from the 70s Britain should no longer exist due to global cooling. I guess we're on borrowed time.

p.s it's cold here in England and we've just had some scientist tell us we're in for a few years of intensely cold weather. Who should I pay to help out? I'm sure there is a product or solution somewhere I could get hold of to make it warmer.
edit on 29/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
3/4ths of the US is gonna face record breaking cold temps for the next few weeks.

I call that that global cooling.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The climate is changing and does change as part of a natural cycle even this simpleton can understand that. But what this, and other simpletons, are sceptical about is the supposed human contribution is nothing more than a politicians lie to facilitate us being taxed us even further.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join